[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IDF Volunteers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 14

Anyone here an IDF volunteer? For some bullshit medical reasons I can't join the U.S. armed forces, but Israel doesn't give a shit about the ones that I have and I qualify because my dad's side of the family is Jewish. I just want to be a combat medic or a tanker. Also getting to remove kebab from Jerusalem seems pretty sweet.

>inb4 /pol/ autists, sandniggers, and triggered goyim
>>
Anyone?
>>
I considered it in similar situation but then I passed MEPs.
>>
>>32546570
I couldn't pass meps without a heft dose of lying. I want to serve, but not badly enough to risk picking up a felony. Recruiter was disappointed as fuck when we realized that because my ASVAB scores were fucking great. Fortunately rather than just give blanket denials the IDF evaluates each person on their specific ability, and will let people serve in non-combat roles if they don't meet the standards for combat. If you want to serve, they will find a position for you.
>>
Don't bother, A half goyim is no better than a full goyim in the eyes of those bigots.
>>
>>32545953
I heard you can find info inside of ovens m80
>>
>>32545953
>bullshit medical reasons
Which ones?
>>
>>32545953

fuck off, kike, US army already is your servant.
>>
>>32546639
Minor asthma (am literally completely fine without meds, better than fine taking a prescription allergy med), and depression/anxiety specific to a really shitty childhood. I'm not unstable or anything. Just needed some help going through a time when I still lived at home at was yelled at on the daily for no reason while working and taking a highly accelerated EMT course. Don't want to go into to much about my shit childhood, but stepping on a landmine would be preferable to reliving that part of my life.
>>
>>32546621
I don't really care what other people think of me, but my understanding is that volunteers are generally very much appreciated because Israel has a limited population to draw from for the military and needs all the help it can get.
>>
File: 1462079536542.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1462079536542.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>32546681
>>
File: tumblr_o0gxqlwYQY1shcw5jo1_540.jpg (113KB, 540x626px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0gxqlwYQY1shcw5jo1_540.jpg
113KB, 540x626px
>>32546636
>>
>>32546991
Not a naziboo schlomo and I didn't even mention Germany just think kikes are a pain in the ass
>>
Do you speak Hebrew already? No language is impossible if you are motivated enough, but you should know Hebrew is no joke to learn.

It's a very tough language for a native English speaker (similar to Russian imo in terms of difficulty)
>>
>>32546991
>>32547041

I'm a fucking Eskimo and even I hate kikes. Nazis are for edgy tryhards.

Antisemitism is a fine wine all cultures are entitled to adopting with enthusiasm.
>>
>>32547157
Not yet but I'm willing to learn. Already speak fluent spanish and some german. From what I've read thus far, they give you three months+ of intense language training if you're not there yet. And they do have units with a large number of foreign volunteers; most of whom are from the U.S.
>>
>>32547192

Learn as much as you can before you go (watch shows/movies with English subs). 3 months of intensive learning will get you pretty far in something like spanish/Italian but 3 months of Hebrew will be just long enough to make you realize how little you know and how far you still are from even being conversational desu...

Also might want to start learning more about the culture,
Media likes to pretend all of Israel is like the ritzy parts of Tel Aviv (young, secular, "progressive") but that stops being true once you leave the cities.

You honestly should just think about going to temple and meeting ppl while your still stateside, you don't have to drink the kool-aid but you will get invited to events that can help prepare you
>>
>>32547176
It's weird knowing people across the globe come together with their hatred of the jew
>>
>>32547176
This is pretty much exactly why modern Israel was founded in the first place.
>>
>>32547313
Thanks for the advice. Any recommendations for things to watch that aren't just shitty dubs of American stuff? And yeah, I'm prepared to be lost for awhile.
>>
>>32547399

Idk anything off the top of my head, most local programming there is Telemundo-tier soap opera shit, maybe try the news. You won't understand any of it, but you'll hear how Hebrew sounds and start processing it even if only subconsciously.

Life in Israel is really not all that different from most of western Europe, shit costs more and you have a lot less purchasing power but it's a nanny state style of gov so you'll be looked after even if you're an unproductive fuck

Culturally Israelis can be very insular (at least way more so than compared to Americans) and it can be hard to "break into" established friend groups. Being in the IDF will help you a lot with that though.
>>
>>32547709
I guess I'll start watching the news. It's not going to be a permanent move, although if I like the military life I'll probably stay longer than 18 months.
>>
>>32547776

Good luck, it'll be an adventure if nothing else. Try and travel a bit when you get pass, ppl (womens) are a lot more shy/reserved outside the "party/hookup" cities like Tel Aviv but are also way more real/grounded.
>>
>>32547911
I'm not big into the party scene and I fucking love exploring. No matter what it's gonna be a ride.
>>
>>32547709
He can watch Fauda. It's a pretty /k/ show.
>>
>>32546604
>Thinks you get a felony for lying to join
Truth is, they just send you home if they find out you lied.
>>
>>32545953
I've been here years and seen that picture hundreds of times. "Free of the toll!" still makes me laugh.
>>
>>32546604
They literally have a conscription. That means they should take anyone.
>>
Iran said that they will destroy Israel.
>>
File: 1461991605801.png (132KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461991605801.png
132KB, 400x300px
>>32545953
First, what's up with the sudden influx off IDF-related threads? We usually get 1 a month, now it's about the 5th in the last week. I smell something fishy

But as for your question: based on >>32546639, I would say that the most that you can hope for is some kind of combat support role-, artillery or armored. Maybe combat-intell (sit in a stakeout and photograph shit or pinning enemy positions on Bluefor Tracker with sigint, but never remotely close to combat). A fair chance to end up in something like comms corp, which varies from sitting in a large command base- doing IT shit for bimbo secretaries that complain that their screen won't turn on, doing the same thing in small remote base- but for some lieutenant that can't make his PowerPoint presentation to show up in the briefing room, sitting in a modified m113 that give "tactical" (from afar) comms support or even sitting with just 1 more guy beneath a massive antenna on a lonely mountain- rubbing vaseline on it and soaking up all the radiation until you end your week-long shift. Other roles, codenamed named "jobnik", include sitting in an office, singing bureaucratic shit- authorizing some base to purchase extra toilet paper because they have lots of girls on base that use it all up, authorizing tactical maps before passing them to an operations officer for final authorization, analyzing aerial photos or processing raw intell, and the list goes on (I hope that you get the idea).

You might get to be a medic, you just have to insist and show enthusiasm for it, no matter what they place you in, but it's highly unlikely that you'll get infantry medic. A tanker? Again- just "maybe", depends on how severe the army deems your asthma to be (better to avoid the subject, but don't lie about because it will deem you untrustworthy if they catch you lie), and if they think that your depression is risky enough to keep you away from roles that are giving you access to guns (same about avoid but don't lie).
>>
>>32554058
The IDF guys I know tell me 'Jobnik' is a derogatory term, and one reserved for people who couldn't pass basic.
>>
>>32546621
Bullshit.
A half Jew is considered one of us for most practical purposes.
When all the ex-soviets came in th 90's that's what most of them were like.
>>
>>32554104
Jobnik is a sweeping term used by combat arms for anyone that's not in combat roles.
>>
>>32545953
>I qualify because my dad's side of the family is Jewish

If one of your grandparents are jewish, then you're good to go.
>>
>>32554104
Yes, jobnik is often used in a negative sense, especially by combat troops that sit in a balls-freezing foxhole and talk about the pogs that do a literal 9 to 5 desk job, or sit in air conditioned room at worst. It's also often used as derogatory term by jobniks against even bigger jobniks ("I'm not combat, but I do my part" vs "meh, just let be at home by 3pm and back on base not before 9am, I'm here just to tick off the "served" box so that I can ever get a job/I tried but failed to dodge).

And there's no general basic. You get your specific role or general corp in advance of recruitment, and get assigned to a boot camp accordingly: Intell corp and General corp (role and specific corp yet to be assigned) do a rifleman (Rova'i) 02 course. Military Police or other kinds of security forces do 03. Artillery/armored do 05 and infantry do 07 (later options of advanced training and such goes up to 09 and 12).
> 02 boot camp: 3-5 weeks long. Meant only to give you the basic idea of what the army is before sending you to professional courses. You shoot a total of 30 bullets in a range over the course of several days. You don't touch a gun for most of the service, and only required to shoot 5 bullets each 6 months to "prevent rusting" (as if it helps).
> 03: upgraded & longer 02. You also get to throw a grenade.
> 05: more serious stuff. You train for actual combat, get a personal rifle and have fun at the range.
> 07: infantry training, with all that it implies.
> 09: achieved through some advanced training courses.
> 12: Combat officers and special forces. Special forces do a regular 07 along with the other infantry (that's like a principal thing, so that they don't think that they're better people than normal grunts) before moving to their professional courses.

*All that I write is from memory, specifics might imprecise, but it does give the general idea.
>>
>>32554178
>When all the ex-soviets came in th 90's that's what most of them were like.
delete this.
>>
>>32554058
>artillery or armored
Those are combat roles.
>>32554104
Jobniks are those with easy/desk jobs- basically POGs. Even they pass basic.
>>
>>32554238
Nice pic. Where was it taken?
>>
File: 1442863851774.jpg (178KB, 1274x710px) Image search: [Google]
1442863851774.jpg
178KB, 1274x710px
>>32554256
> Those are combat roles.
Yea, but... They are combat by title, they are combat by functionality, but they're "just" combat support by role, and I say this with no disrespect.
Tanks perhaps are more directly involved in combat than arty, but even they only get support training.
>>
File: 1482896862987.jpg (102KB, 781x553px) Image search: [Google]
1482896862987.jpg
102KB, 781x553px
Have fun killing unarmed civilians, goy.
>>
File: 29273725556_2a7437081b_o.jpg (1MB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
29273725556_2a7437081b_o.jpg
1MB, 2048x1367px
>>32554269
Can't recall. Not mine, though, just saved it from a friend's Facebook.
>>
>>32554283
>combat support by role
But that's still wrong. לוחמים, לא תומכי לחימה.
And they get mechanized combat training. Of course you don't train your tankers in CQC, because they don't need it- you train them for tank combat. Same goes for artillery.
If they go to Lahav and not Maoz (bahad 1 courses) they're combat (arty and armor are both there).
Also kek'd at pic.
>>
File: 1447789741362.jpg (350KB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1447789741362.jpg
350KB, 1000x1100px
>>32554352
I don't argue with you, perhaps I just use outdated terms for the job description.
>>
File: 1336495455609.png (102KB, 307x363px) Image search: [Google]
1336495455609.png
102KB, 307x363px
>>32545953
>goyim
Friendly reminder we culled 6 000 000 of you Hebrew retards
>>
>>32554475
Reminder that you were too pathetic to finish the job and that the nazis destroyed white nationalism as a credible concept leading to Europe being overrun by rapefugees.
>>
>>32554566
This is true.
>>
File: 20160321_101040.jpg (957KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160321_101040.jpg
957KB, 3264x1836px
Freshly discharged tanker here, OP. Not a volunteer, but I can still answer some of your armor related questions.
Regarding your asthma, I don't know how bad it is, but if you will end up in armor, you might have a bit of a hard time in basic and advanced training. You eat alot of dust in Shizafon.
>>
>>32554475
>we culled 6 000 000 of you Hebrew retards
>actually believes those numbers
>>
>>32554633
Always good to see you in a thread :)
>>
>>32550089
This
>>
>>32550089
Holy shit this looks awesome. On the list.
>>
>>32551138
Dishonorable discharge means no more funs.
>>
>>32554058
My asthma is "take a pill a day and I can do whatever the fuck I want" levels of severe. It's a non-issue. Especially in a place that's warm and dry with minimal pollen. And I would absolutely love being a tanker.
>>
>>32554633
Dust isn't a problem for me. Pollen with no allergy meds is my only real issue. And even then it's just shit tier cardio. I don't NEED an inhaler to function.
>>
>>32554283

>tfw someone actually saved my OC from two years ago

thank you :DD
>>
>>32545953
Guys, if the Israel military doesn't care about those with medical conditions. Do you think that is were antman went?

Since the u.s. military wouldn't accept him?
>>
>>32555916
I mean they still care, they just evaluate everyone on an individual basis rather than rejecting people based on some paperwork wholesale. Also a lot of conditions can disqualify you from mandatory service, but you can still serve if you volunteer.
>>
>>32555916
>Israel military doesn't care about those with medical conditions
where the fuck did you get this idea? There is an extensive medical profiling prior conscription/enlisting and your medical profile decides where you can and can't go. Don't have 97 (max)? No piloting/elite units for you. Less than 64? no combat units at all. 21? get the fuck out.
I personally know a guy that was discharged a full year early because of some barely treatable intestine disease he got diagnosed after joining.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.