[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

straight-pulls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: tac2.jpg (50KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
tac2.jpg
50KB, 633x348px
How come there are no modern straight-pull bolt-actions besides the Blaser Tac-2 and that one other super-expensive German hunting rifle? In a market dominated by Mauser-derived rifles, it would seem that we could do better for long-range shooting and hunting if someone made a modern, lightweight, affordable straight-pull.
>>
>>32543624
fudds don't like them, therfore no stateside manufacturer makes them
>>
Pull the gas system off your AR, and it's a straight-pull bolt action.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
There's always this for AUSFAGS
https://youtu.be/H8Y8IqddbpE
>>
>>32543661
I'm not talking about bongish/ausfailian castrations of semi-auto designs that should stay in semi-auto. I mean we should have a modern analogue to the Schmidt-Rubin and Mannlicher that doesn't cost $5000.

>>32543643
They didn't like over/unders when those came out either, but they learned to live with them. Now even the staunchest lefty antigunners will keep an over/under for "sporting" use.
>>
>>32543624
But there are tons of them in Germany. Called "Geradezugreptierer"
Merkel produces some, so does Rössler. Steyr has at least one. there are probably way more companies with them.
>>
>>32543624
>it would seem that we could do better for long-range shooting and hunting if someone made a modern, lightweight, affordable straight-pull.
And you're basing this on...?
>>
>>32543624
>>32543624
Semi auto is faster. Bolt action is cheaper, stronger, more accurate. The window where you need the accuracy of a manual rifle, but also the tiny bit more speed that a straight pull offers over a bolt action is... well, tiny. These rifles exist because of weird restrictions in some countries, no other reason.
>>
>>32545083
>These rifles exist because of weird restrictions in some countries, no other reason.
Not really. They are popular in Germany but there are no restrictions beyond "has to be longer than 60cms and no full auto".
Some people just like bolt actions better than semis but still want a bit more speed.
>>
>>32545105
German hunters may not hunt with semi-autos and magazine larger than 2 rounds, which makes 3 shots. (There was a bit of a commotion wether this meant that rifles capable of taking larger magazines weren't, allowed before they fixed the fucked up wording. It doesn't btw.) In driven hunts, magazine capacity is important, but so is speed. (I'll admit german hunters dislike automatic rifles, but the mag restriction sure helped.)
>>
>>32545105
>no full auto
Does that include burst fire?
>>
>>32543624
Because no major military force would bother with it. If they wanted a bolt action rifle they would use a traditional turning bolt and does the job just cheaper and simpler. If they wanted to shoot faster they'd use some auto-loading set up.

Without reason to develop for military or defense purposes, that only means only recreational fudds would have any appreciation for it.
>>
>>32545631
Yes
>>32545125
Correct. The counting ability of most hunters is reduced during such events though. The police wont come and check your gun in the middle of wherever.
If anything the main point really is that German hunters are ultra fudds and woud gladly ban anything that isnt a wooden 98, produced before 1750.
>>
>>32543624
I can name at least three : the Browning Meral, Blaser R8 and Merkel RX.
Overpriced euro shit, made for retarded fudds. Doesn't actually give any advantage.
>>
>>32543624
browning t bolt
>>
File: Blaser Tac 2.jpg (568KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Blaser Tac 2.jpg
568KB, 1600x1200px
>>32543624

I have one and it's great, but straight pull offers little to nothing over a conventional bolt design. Factors to consider are
>Cost
>Units sold
>manufacturer support

In all honesty they probably don't do well because there's no American Market for the Tac 2 because fucking Germany passed some law in 2013 and the faggots at Blaser refuse to ship the Tac 2 or any parts for it anymore. Also, the Australian Army dropped the Tac 2 from it's inventory and is looking for its replacement.

Fuck me for buying one
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.