[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is turning one of these into a functioning, fully constructed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1351.jpg (36KB, 375x234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1351.jpg
36KB, 375x234px
Is turning one of these into a functioning, fully constructed firearm without a serial number illegal? I'm just trying to make sure. Would be great if there were proofs along with the post.
>>
>>32542914
depends on where you live
it would be great if you knew your own gun laws
>>
File: 004.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>32542914
>>
>turning an 80%into acomplete lowerreceiver
>illegal
It's only illegal if your state hates freedom. Pretty sureit's legaleven in California, despite all those retarded laws they just passed.
>>
>>32542934
Sorry, I'm a us citizen in the state of Georgia. I got in a debate with a bunch if gunsmiths at a range yesterday. I was trying to explain that a manufactured firearm without a contractor for personal use does not require a serial number and they all lost their shit
>>
File: not the atf.jpg (21KB, 518x579px) Image search: [Google]
not the atf.jpg
21KB, 518x579px
Don't forget to machine the fire control pocket out to M16 specs, and remember to drill the autosear hole and install an M16 BCG.

Hey pm me your number too I can help you out
>>
Yes. Why do you think they're so popular?
>>
>>32542952
>they have FFLs
>not reading ATF's letters
There's an ATF Letter on their website explaining that personal, non-commercial firearms produced for personal use are not required to be serialized by law, only that 'it's a good idea'. Why are gun people so uninformed on average it's sad
>>
>>32542952
Don't listen to random idiots at the range. Unless they have specific qualifications that make them a SME in that particular field, many people will literally make up shit to avoid sounding like they don't have an answer. It's fucking stupid. Just look up your local or state laws online. There's tons of resources for this shit.
>>
>>32543176
ffls are manufacturers. they are under more restrictions.
>>
>>32542965
Isn't that still kosher unless you also have an M16 BCG? I thought that that had to be there to prove intent.
>>
>>32542944
nope. has to have a serial number engraved starting 2017 here. and starting 2018 i believe, any new lower milled out of an 80% has to be registered with ca doj IIRC
>>
>>32543483
the M16 BCG is 100% legal to have; as must production Ar15s use it.

what's not legal, is having that 3rd hole and M16 trigger group.
>>
>>32543717
Ah, it was the trigger group I was thinking of then.
>>
>>32543483
No such thing as intent. It's either a machinegun or it isn't.
That being said if the ATF wants to screw you they will say your AR is an MG because you can replace the fire control group with that from an M16 which will allow the hammer to follow the bolt down if set to the full auto position which can possibly result in more than one shot per trigger pull if you use ammo made with very soft primers.

In short the ATF considers everything to be a machinegun and they have no problem spending gobs of your tax dollars to prove it in court.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.