[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army or Marine enlistment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (21KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 275x183px
?

Honest pros and cons
>>
coast guard or airforce
>>
>>32541088
Since you cant spell airforce, i dont think you're getting into the airforce anyway Jamal, so what does it matter.
>>
Or better yet

Hidden Pro's and Con's

That a recruiter isn't going to tell me
>>
>>32541088
Army
>Guaranteed MOS slot, in written paperwork.

Marines
>Your recruiter totally promises you bro, you're going to get the job you want. He'll pull some strings for you.
>>
File: 1470136138509.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1470136138509.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>tfw to intelligent for the marines
>>
>>32541088
coastie aviation survival technician
>>
>>32541112

Now lets go to red lobster
>>
>>32541112
Army also promotes faster in many MOS. Easy to make e5 in 3 years. Knew a few who made e7 in 7 but I was in while Iraq was still going strong.
>>
>>32541088
It's a choice between:
>hooah hooah, Pauly Shore
>poooleece that moostache, Debil Dog, oorah
>>
In the Army, you'll get some bullshit thrown on your desk -- which you'll be stuck behind, by the way -- every day that'll turn you to drinking to cope with the stress.

In the Marines, you'll go fight some suck fucks, you'll see Hell on Earth, and drink to ease the pain and forget the horrible things you've done.
>>
>>32541157
>I'm uh muhreen I've been tuh hell and kicked the devil in the chest

Jesus
>>
I don't want to train like crazy and not actually get to use my skills

MEU's sound cool

(I know it's all a recruiting scheme)
But basic training and 03xx MOS schooling looks "More interesting"

Marines "as a whole" seem more intense than the army "as a whole"
>>
>>32541088
I've said it a million times. If you need to ask Army. We don't need on the fence mother fuckers. Go full retard or go Army, for real.

Now take this shit to /meg/. Reeee
>>
>>32541112
This is a lie! i am a Marine Poole waiting to ship for bootcamp in a month you sign a contract for a mos before they can ship you and you are guaranteed that job lying fuck
>>
>>32541088
Coming from someone who served outside your country and met both your army and marines.

Marines: we are the best fuck the rest (while constantly fucking up and being useless fucks) Nava the beast seems to be the only good cunt in there, though I only watch him on youtube.

Army: get disrespected but in general get shit done without being fucking idiots.
>>
>>32541209
Read your paperwork better, theres almost always a clause in there to put you where ever they want.
>>
>>32541221
this gu gets it. Army is the unsung heroes. also opt 40...
>>
>>32541172
Why the chest? Are his nipples tender?
>>
>>32541209
>>32541236
lol the green weenie starts early and hard. Kid is gonna end up food service for sure
>>
>>32541209
Oh honey.
>>
>>32541088
Marines. They co to cooler places
>>
>>32541088
Join the navy. There's nothing like building such a tight comradery with all your bros while at sea for a half year. I've become very close with all my fellow mates. VERY close!
>>
>>32541270
Can confirm. I was in the army and it was hot as fuck where I went.
>>
>>32541209
don't join the marines in peace time you stupid fuck! get out while you can kick your recruiter in the testicles and leave quick

THEY'LL SEND YOU TO OKINAWA FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK YOU'LL WANT TO SWALLOW A BULLET I MEAN FUCK1!!! GOD HELP ME I HHATE THIS FUCKING ISLAND KILL ME NOW!
>>
>>32541088
I can only speak for infantry.

Army Infantry and Marine Infantry are not too far off. Both have similar tactics and doctrines. However Marine infantry are shock troops, and almost every unit is instilled with the pride and gung ho spirit that enables both the good ones to stick their head up high and the absolute retarded to shitpost and make cringy statements like.>>32541157

Not every Amry unit is as motivated as a Marine unit, but motivation=/=ability.

With Army you have more avenues to pursue if you choose outside of Infantry. And theres a more diverse roles to fill that coordinate with Infantry, if not supercede it. With Marines you are either Infantry or supporting Infantry, and the units that supercede regular Infantry arent as diverse but still a challenge.

Honestly as long as youre not a shitbag and know what youre capable and want, either branch is great. If youre a retard and just want tuh slay bodees n fuk bitches then go Marines. If youre a giant pussy with an inferiority complex then go Army. Theyll put you where you belong.
>>
>>32541284
Is it true you cant even go off base without a buddy and cant have cars?
>>
the army seems to have more options

I've skydived before and would like to go to an airborne unit

I'm currently an EMT, and could advance my skills As a 68w combat medic (helping get me a job after I leave)

Army has flight medics

But it seems like there is a higher chance of being shoved behind a desk for 4 years
>>
>>32541276
Hardcore gay intercourse?
>>
>>32541157

>All Army MOS are desk jobs

Found the never-served.
>>
>>32541302

Just sign for 68W Opt 40 and go on your way, idiot.
>>
>>32541088
Marines are a department of the Navy.
>>
>>32541360
What is Opt 40? Im a current Paramedic interested in serving as an Army Medic.
>>
>>32541376

Airbooooorne Ranjuhh
>>
>>32541284
Surge Marine.

Fuck bro how bad are they treating you? Do I need to write my congressman?
>>
I wish I wasn't such an indecisive little bitch
>>
>>32541300
no
>>
>>32541284
Calm down dom, you'll be home in like 4 months
>>
Option 40 is a slot at RASP to try out for the 75th ranger regiment, correct?
>>
>>32541389
Ohhhhhhh babbbbby
Im just curious as to what exactly I could contribute actually having my LP. Ive heard that it makes you more attractive to units like Airborne and 75th and if youre settled on 68W then theyll push for you to go for more than just a regular medic to fill needed roles without having to worry about them failing out of training.
>>
>>32541451

The Army only has one MOS of COMBAT medic. 68W. In 68W school you cam either earn an EMT-B or skip part of the course by having it. To become higher than that, join an elite unit and excel. An Opt 40 68W would NOT be a regular 68W.
>>
>>32541391
If you can cinvince them to nuke Okinawa and do all those Seamen and Marines a favor that would be nice.

Seriously, Okinawa sucks. Its just so fucking boring and the command personnel I swear are demons from a plane of existence that exists solely to make drastic policy changes and boggle humankind down with meaningless beurocratic labor
>>
>>32541284
>OKINAWA
That sounds awesome. Can you fuck hot asian bitches?
>>
File: DSCF0015_1.jpg (725KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0015_1.jpg
725KB, 1400x1050px
Marines guarantee you a job field, but not the specific job within that field. For example, I signed an 03xx contract, which guaranteed me an infantry MOS. Whatever job you get within that MOS is not always up to you though. I had a 98 ASVAB(137 GT) and a 285 PFT so when it came time for the weapons split in ITB(about halfway through when you are assigned your specific MOS) they let me pick whichever infantry MOS I wanted, but if you are less inclined physically or mentally you are less likely to get your choice unless you just wanted 0311. They usually assign the higher ASVAB/PFT scoring guys into a weapons MOS(machine gunner, mortarman, assaultman, tow gunner) because it takes more intelligence to learn the weapons systems and the specifics that go with them and you have to be in better shape because you are usually carrying 20-30lbs more than the 0311s(pic related, all of that is extra weight that had to be spread out amongst the weapon platoon that the regular 0311 platoons don't have to worry about). No offense meant to any 0311s here btw, you guys had your own painful shit to deal with that us weapons guys usually got to skate out of.

I'm not sure how other MOS job schools go about assigning a specific MOS but I imagine it works on some sort of similar merit-based principle.
>>
>>32541478
Its a very common theme that asian pacific islands hate military personnel that are stationed there. Contrast with more western civilizations like Germany where people seem to actually want to get to know you. I know Samoans used to follow and beat up Soldiers off base for fun in Hawaii. And from what Ive heard of from a friend who went to Okinawa, people just absolutely despise you and treat you like shit. Even the JDF treat you like shit, and then smile and act all nice when you have to do little joint excercises.

But thats also because of all the dumbfucks that think its a good idea to get wasted and destroy public property, shit on sacred grounds and rape a moon speaker. So its not exactly all unwarranted disdain.
>>
I appreciate the Info
>>
>>32541478
You're a marine in Okinawa, all you'll be doing is raping the locals.
>>
>>32541477
You used too many smart words. You gotta calm that down.

Especially if you /k/. They don't like that. Shhhh. They will troll us.

That's my attempt at humour but holy fuck this place trolls Marines hardcore.

But this is my United States of Whatever.
>>
>>32541477

I've never been to Oki but heard from a few airwingers that Oki units tend to have a bettere sense of camaraderie and cohesion compared to their stateside counterparts. It makes sense to me. The biggest builder of camaraderie is shared suffering and it sounds like there's more suffering to be had out in Oki where you are isolated from everything.
>>
Life in a Army Airborne infantry unit

Vs

Life in a Marine infantry unit

???
I assume they are very similar in motivation, training (besides the jumping out of planes thing) and fitness
>>
>>32541542
Okinawans love Marines, Japanese hate them.
>>
>>32541633
Do a stint in a tracks company. Id rather jump out a plane than ride in that more than 10 minutes.

And I have a fear of heights.
>>
>>32541633

Army grunts are less likely to be deployed in the next 4-5 years except to some boring places in Europe. In the Marine grunts you will most likely get at least a MEU or perhaps another deployment to somewhere that might be a bit more interesting.
>>
>>32541550
as long as you yell "remember nanking" its all good.
>>
or become an apache pilot.
>>
>>32541633

I'll put it this way

I've met several Army grunts who told me wish they went Marines

I've never met a Marine grunt who wishes he had gone Army
>>
>>32541964
I know marine grunts who transferred to the army. so whats your point?
>>
>>32541964
>>32541988

I know marine grunts who were myself. And said shit why I didn't I join the Airforce.
>>
>>32542019
I think every enlisted man except maybe the coast guard has that thought at some point.
>>
>>32541088

At this current day and age it's just stagnant peacetime. It's slideshows about trannies, gay and black pride acceptance, and getting run the fuck over by the SHARP VAN the very moment you tell a female she's a dumb bitch for fucking something up majorly. It's contract marriages, cuckolding, and UCMJ for every little thing.

It's also about being politically correct to the full extent that you will be so engrossed in being politically correct you will ultimately feel as if your very being there is accomplishing just about nothing. Which you will be doing absolutely not shit until there is some sort of major conflict around the corner. If you want to be a professional landscaper and have a blank resume after four years, join combat arms. If you want to become a depressed ansomniac alcoholic that can't go a day without popping an oxycontin and a packing a full horseshoe of dip just to numb the pain of his existence, become a POG and enjoy your 13 hour workdays. If you're douchewaffle that loves donuts, become an MP so you can ticket everyone on post and have them hate you.

Otherwise, just join the coastguard and do boat stuff. I have never in my life ever met a coastguard guy that hated the coastguard. Ever.
>>
>>32542356

All this is 100% true. You're better off joining the FFL if you're looking for a real military/infantry experience these days. For the last eight years(especially the past 4 after Obama didn't have to worry about re-election) damn near everyone in the entire US Department of Defense has forgotten that they're in the killing people and breaking shit business. Everything else is secondary. The FFL to its everlasting credit has never lost sight of that. If your main goals are to avoid political correctness and get a combat deployment, I would highly suggest you consider the French Foreign Legion. It's the last place in western militaries that still disallows women and fags and if you fuck up you get beaten. They are always deploying to some former french colony shitholes in Africa to quell rebellions and such. You are much more likely to get combat experience out of the FFL than the USMC or Army these days, and you won't have to put up with any new-age PC bullshit tranny faggot acceptance seminars. The Legion is known for being draconian.

As a bonus, you would also get the benefit of learning one of the fastest growing languages in the world.
>>
>>32542728

>one of the fastest growing languages in the world

I wasn't aware that broken FrancoSerbian or FrancoNigerian were actual recognized languages.
>>
>>32542728
Isn't the life expectancy in the FFL like 28 days?
>>
>>32542839

That's about 28 times higher than the life expectancy of Abu Hajar.
>>
>>32541284
surge marine here
went to oki my first duty station
basically i fucked oki girls, drank guinness at the pub across the gate, and got ready to go to the cax and then iraq

shit was so cash
>>
i'm a navy seal, ask me anything.
But make it fast i'm on a mission right now.
>>
>>32541209
Hope you like duty. Expect a LOT OF IT. Start reading Terminal Lance to help ease you into the fleet
>>
Do you think the peacetime military will get better under Trump, as compared to Obama
>>
>>32543155
Did u graduate top of your sniper class and have over x-hundred amount of confirmed kills?

What is the best drills to practice to become proficient in "Gorilla warfare"?

And what is the best way to not simply become another target to you and your fellow Navy SEALs?
>>
>>32543264
Haha! Forgot to add, I am getting the hang of this "meme" thing. I recognized a 'copy pasta' and quoted it.
>>
>>32543264
i am not a sniper, i am a heavy machine gunner, i carry my weight in ammo and my fellow seals say i'm worth my weight in gold for how efficient i am at giving cover fire.

for me always be aware of you're surroundings, also win the support of the population and deny it to your enemy. Without local support the guerrilla will eventually be weakened and retreat. Be creative. Improvise. Often anti guerrilla forces are trapped in a conventional thinking pattern. Not every successful counterinsurgency tactic can be found in an army manual. And it is hard for career officers who have studied for years to combat conventional enemies to switch to anti guerrilla tactics. Also to add this may be embarrassing but get used to pissing urself and on the odd time shitting pants. walking long hike with a turd laying in ur boxers like its in a hammock actually comes in handy if you are being tracked. the smell of shit and piss covers you're natural sent.

again always be aware of what is arround you and ounce you go hot with you're weapon do not stay in the place for long constantly find different angles of attack.
>>
>>32542839

It's true that about 1 in 10 legionnaires who has ever served has been killed in combat, but this statistic is grossly inflated by the ridiculous casualties that they incurred during WWI, WWII, and the French-Indochina war in which entire regiments of legionnaires were virtually wiped out. Nowadays it's not as bad as most people think. They mostly fight 95 lb niggers with 65 IQs in sub-saharan Africa.
>>
>>32541477
Oki is awesome. A lot of guys over there have the attitude that there's nothing to do except drink, work out, and chase Filipino hookers. If that's what you think, then that's all you see. I bought a bicycle and spent my weekends exploring the island. Lots of cool natural, historical, and cultural stuff to see.
>>
File: 153208562308.png (263KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
153208562308.png
263KB, 420x420px
>>32541540
you're telling me all that shit was carried by hand.... like on patrols and stuff??!?!?!
>>
File: 0236722070207.jpg (179KB, 998x800px) Image search: [Google]
0236722070207.jpg
179KB, 998x800px
>>32542839
hahahahahahahahahaaha memes!
>>
>>32542866
>see
>>32544086
>>
>>32543331

Top Kek
>>
>>32544062

On a hike, not a patrol. In this instance we hiked about 8 miles from the barracks we were living in out to where the training was set to take place. When we actually ran the combat course, we didn't have to carry everything, just what we needed to run the course, but we needed to hike it all out to the course in the first place. All of that in the pic was split between about 40 guys, and that was in addition to a standard individual rifleman's load of ~60 lbs.

A weapons MOS means you will be carrying some serious weight, especially if you get sent to weapons platoons in a rifle company where you have to hike everywhere, rather than a weapons company who are typically vehicle mounted. If you can't hike half your bodyweight and take it with a smile, weapons MOS are not for you.
>>
File: 03207322027.jpg (95KB, 720x711px) Image search: [Google]
03207322027.jpg
95KB, 720x711px
>>32544138
dang, that sounds tough. But you get to sit around lobbing bombs all day. That must be comfy af.
>>
File: DSC01562_1.jpg (593KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01562_1.jpg
593KB, 1400x1050px
>>32544165

>That must be comfy af.

maximum comfy.
>>
File: 3217132712803821.jpg (99KB, 600x738px) Image search: [Google]
3217132712803821.jpg
99KB, 600x738px
>>32544177
do you get ballistic computers or is it all by hand?
>>
>>32541258
Seriously, my brother requested infantry was trained as a diesel mechanic and ended up a gunner on matv for his deployment. Roles are more like suggestions really. Granted I didn't have too much of a difference with the army besides going to my chosen mos
>>
>>32541296
Pretty much and the infantry "transfers" tend to be trouble. Best case they have injury profiles or pissed off someone for doing the right thing. Average case they are shit bags that will chapter out. Worst case they get a creative week long blanket party from a national guard MP unit and command is ok with it
>>
>>32541088
>Marines
muh rheens comradery
life sucks
highest combat losses even in identical circumcstances
New SecDef Mad Dog Mattis has a marine boner
get to live near the ocean
shitty outdated equipment
can't stop raping asians

>Army
Not as retarded as the marines
life doesn't suck for no rasin, but still sucks a little
have to deal with worthless women
huge organization

>Air Force
might as well be civilian

>Navy
goat on a boat

>Puddle Patrol
technically works for homeland shitcurity
gets no respect, doesn't deserve much respect
>>
>>32541669
>implying okinawa isn't japan
>>
>>32541209
Nigga one my guys went in going for comms but becuase the school was backed up they made him an assualtman instead this was after being in for a year already
>>
>>32544971
>Puddle Patrol
fuck you breh
>>
>>32541393
Join the air force, pansy
>>
>>32547070
As an Amry man. Just be happy y'all have retention because y'all aint treated like shit. I'm really regretting my current situation.
>>
>>32547861
Are you regretting your current situation because you are fat and cannot pass a pt test? Are you a profile ranger?
>>
Neither. Go Air force. My buddy just finished serving 5 years as infantry in the army. He told me Air Force cares more about its soldiers, has better bases, better pay and hot babes. He would never be a grunt again if he could re do it.
>>
>>32548031
They get way better housing at least. Army infantry, shared a living room size area with someone else for my entire enlistment. Wandered into an airforce barracks one day and those guys had 2 entire rooms to themselves, a bed room and a combined kitchen/living room area, both of which were bigger than my domicile of sadness and furtive masturbation. They even had housekeeping for their laundry.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.