[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knives.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Hey guys, I need some advice on medium quality blades.

How good of quality are Gil Hibben knives?

I was peaking at the IV combat machete. Pic related.
>>
Stainless steel trash
>>
>>32540132
>IV combat machete.
that is one big meme.

just buy a normal short machete.
>>
>>32540132
Well, with $5 and a trip to Harbor Freight you can get a machete that'll do all you need it to do.
>>
>>32540171
eh, i dont agree.

you should spend at least 30$ unless you want to sharpen it all the time. There are some really nice machete options.
>>
OP here.

So you guys have any recommendations?

Machete or everyday carry as well. I definitely want an everyday, just want a machete for utility. I just want to spend a little more and get something decent that will fit my hand well. I really prefer fixed blades, and would prefer to scout carry it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-04-19-31-55.png (330KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-04-19-31-55.png
330KB, 1080x1920px
http://store.aranyik.com/#

aranyik machetes

>full tang
>handmade
>designed and made for jungle clearing/farming
>cheap
>quality steel

they are going to start expanding their inventory for summer. look into em, I use it for /out/ings, but easily could be
/k/ombat worthy

hope this helps anon
>>
>>32540341

Will do, thanks
>>
>>32540372
no problem anon. I would recommend waiting to buy from them however. I talked to the owner and he is planning on making leather sheaths to go with them, but also expanding inventory and restocking it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32540450

Ahh fuck yeah, that sounds awesome.

Do you have any recommendations for an every day? Ive got an m&p (pic related) but its just mediocre and doesn't hold an edge at all.
>>
>>32540132
Avoid hibben stuff

A machete is truly a utilitarian tool, they don't need to be fancy or look cool and they don't need to cost much to be of quality

For grasses or thin brush the classic tramontina will do well, for thicker woddier brush a wider blade or a thicker bladed machete like an Ontario GI machete are very good. Condor tool and knife also has some good thicker blade machete/chopping knives too

If you aren't looking to clear a lot of brush but want something to take on a camping trip or something then a 12" Ontario is a great and inexpensive little chopper to have around, and if you do the vid related mods it becomes pretty versatile

https://youtu.be/watch?v=PVHeKNbRXgc

>>32540341
Last time I checked they seemed pricey but I don't remember how much they were
>>
>>32540524
I mean there is the Chris Reeve Sebenza line, absolutely amazing and kind of a benchmark knife where you can compare everything to, but they are priced at $350 for a small model, pic related. other than just but a cheap Smith's hand sharpener and use that when you need.

If you really want a good edc then you gotta drop a couple bucks, but that is my recommendation
>>
>>32540835
they have reduced their prices. you can get an E-toh for 25 and an extended Latin for 35.
>>
>>32540195
what would you recommend?
>>
OP again. Feelings on cold steel? Ive heard shit back and forth and Ive always wanted a clear idea on them.
>>
>>32541098
They are thin and flexible like traditional machete, I've heard mixed reviews on heat treat but for the price its not much of an issue. I would stick to real machete companies like imacasa or tramontina though
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.