[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tritium Night Sights Health Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tritium-sights.jpg (303KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tritium-sights.jpg
303KB, 1500x1000px
Would you sleep with a gun under your pillow if it had tritium night sights? Or would you be afraid you'd end up getting brain cancer at some point?
>>
>>32537422
tritium is a beta emitter and will not penetrate skin. unless you consume it youre fine.
>>
>>32537422
Learn how radiation works OP
>>
>>32537422
Yeah, best way to avoid it is to lick the backstop at your local range. The lead helps block the radiation.
>>
>>32537422
The only cancer I got was from reading your post OP
>>
>>32537422
yes, it's highly radioactive and what they don't tell you is all you have to do is tap someone with your sights and they will eventually get cancer there.
>>
I figured it might have been a dumb question, but thanks for answering. I don't want to get a brain tumor sleeping with a gun with radioactive sights.
>>
"According to documentation by health physicists in statements on file at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), it would take the simultaneous rupture of 10,000 glass sight capsules in a small room 10 foot by 10 foot to potentially constitute a radiation health hazard.

Our front sight is 0.018 curies and the two rear sight dots are 0.018 curies each. A complete sighting system is 0.054 curies. This is less than many tritium watches, which have up to 0.200 curies or roughly four times as much radioactivity. In addition, the weapon is not as close to the body, and in less constant use than a watch."
>>
>>32537430
This. It doesn't penetrate the glass it's house in. I would think it would be brighter if it was dangerous.

What's more dangerous is you keeping a fucking gun under your pillow, and given how dumb that is you probably own a glock on top of that. Double not good.
>>
>>32537751
It's alright cunt, radiation is not well explained and the cultural fear we have of it doesn't help.

The only way those sights could ever harm you is if you took the vials of tritium out and crushed them between your teeth
>>
>>32537422
>getting brain cancer
that's how Mac got canser and died.
>>
>what is an alpha emitter
>>
>>32537422
it's fine unless you get confused in the middle of the night, and start sucking it off thinking it's your boy friends dick
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.