[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be a good idea to carry pepper spray in addition to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pepper-spray-effects.jpg (28KB, 509x428px) Image search: [Google]
pepper-spray-effects.jpg
28KB, 509x428px
Would it be a good idea to carry pepper spray in addition to a handgun?

I just turned in my permit application yesterday (MN) and I'm wondering if having a non lethal option would be of any use. On one hand, having the option to incapacitate someone without inflicting serious injury could be useful, but if the cards were down and I really had to shoot someone, I don't want to have a jury full of libcucks going "uuuuh how come you not just spray him tho? he was a good boy!"

is the situational flexibility worth the potential legal liability when and if I do use my handgun?
>>
>>32534562
Yes!
>>
>>32534562
I make my own peper spray I put peperoni in bottle make tasty juice and good self defens weapon
>>
>>32534562
Don't think of spray as a ltl ALTERNATIVE, think of it as a lethal supplement. If the guy already has a gun or knife on you, are you going to be able to draw and fire your CCW or draw and spray them with a higher degree of consistency? Obviously draw and spray is easier and will more reliably produce some sort of debilitating effect which can buy you time to comfortably draw you sidearm and line up a center of mass shot.

Once again; don't think of it as an alternative, it is most effective as a supplement; like a flashbang or pocket sand.
>>
>>32534562
Only if you're carrying a gel stream or a very large can of foam fogger. You can't wipe gel off hardly at all it just smears. Foam works good too but you would need a ton of it for it to be very effective. Small cans don't hold very much.
>>
>>32534612
All jokes aside, I have extracted the oil from a few lbs of powdered cayenne pepper and made my own. It isn't hard to do.

Hell, you could just put a drop in each one of your JHP carry rounds and seal it with wax or something if you are so inclined
>>
>>32534562

If you are a cop then both.

If you are a civilian then just carry your gun.
>>
>>32534562
If anything, I'd think that having spray on your person would be evidence that you didn't intend to kill unless you absolutely had to.
Either way, situational flexibility is ALWAYS good, so long as you can comfortably fit it into your kit.
>>
>>32535042
post tits
>>
>>32535093
This. Leave non lethal incapacitation to the people paid to do it.
You have a CCW in case you absolutely N E E D to use it in a life or death situation. Anyone who puts you in such a situation deserves death, and you make the world a better place in their absence.
>>
>>32534646
but it can also be a supplement
the law, generally, only allows proportionate force in self defense
so a man might be attacking you with bare hands and pepper spray would be proportionate force while a firearm may not be (depending on the exact situation)

pepper spray also works extremely well on dogs to my understanding because of their extremely sensitive noses
>>
>>32535705
*also be an alternative
>>
>>32535573
but you could very easily be in a situation where you are threatened with bodily harm but not grievous bodily harm/risk of death where using a firearm would not be protected under common law doctrines of self defense

being able to react to different threat levels differently is helpful
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.