[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal weapons in Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: WP_000278.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000278.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Ausfag here. My sleeping pattern is weird so i go to the skate park late at or early in the morning to exercise and stuff. I live in NSW. Looking for some sort of legal self defence item so i dont get jumped by druggos and typical stake park wankers. (yes i know heaps of weapons are illegal here)

Image not related, homemade nerf gun
>>
you got any ciggs mate
>>
>>32533583
to like burn people? cause maybe i could carry a lighter and dump it?
>>
>>32533580
Mace is probably in your interest. If you want to do serious damage, then get a collapsing baton and be prepared to run like hell, as long as you don't know any of the other guys.
>>
>>32533594
https://www.australianpolice.com.au/prohibited-weapons/
>>
>>32533592
Giving them to people might help diffuse a situation. Attempting to burn people with a lighter would be ridiculous
>>
>>32533598
good idea
>>
>>32533597
I meant pepper spray. And I know the baton is illegal, that is why I said run like hell.
>>
>>32533609
im thinking like something i could ,buy/dump/destroy easily, or something i would have a legit reason for carrying on my person
>>
>>32533604
Really, when you are that limited in weaponry, your best bet is to learn some basic hand to hand self defense and be prepared to do everything in your power to diffuse the situation, from offering them ciggs to getting real good with your words and talking them down. Random skatepark wankers are probably open to discussion more than it would appear. Random druggos could be avoided by learning to be a good observant motherfucker.
>>32533618
What about carrying a man bag? You could have it weighted down to use as a decent melee weapon. Or you could carry some tools for your skateboard and see how you could fair using them.
>>
>>32533629
1)Im a red-belt in Tai-Kwon-Do, and can do all the knife disarming stuff so im not worried about that, im more thinking that theyve pulled a huge knife or a baton or using a skateboard as a weapon

2)my scooter (inb4 using scooter at skate park) is damn solid so i could use that i guess, but what if im not close to it fore some reason
>>
File: key holder.jpg (21KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
key holder.jpg
21KB, 480x325px
>>32533580
A can of wasp killer, spray paint or deodorant. Alternatively a pocket full of pic related.
>>
A knife? Maybe?

I know of retards that have bought swords and katanas here so I assume you could probably get any kind of knife you want

The more intimidating the better
>>
>>32533638
You should be fine. Just be ready to have something that can block a blow from a skateboard. If you were to add some extra handles to a backpack and kept somethings that would act as padding and energy dispersion, then you could use that as a shield while you fight with the other hand and have it open to use your scooter as a melee weapon or fight otherwise. Scooter should be pretty effective weapon, saw one used back when I was in middleschool and it broke some ribs on the other guy.

>>32533641
>found the knife general troll
>>
>>32533654
oh i've definitely got knives. butterfly knife, throwing knives, shit like that. but i dont want a fine or the cops involved
>>
>>32533657
got one of these

http://www.bluntandenvy.com/products/colt-sky-blue/
>>
>>32533657
any idea if one of those monkey paw things are legal here? cause i can easily make one of those
>>
>>32533660
desu a knife is probably the best thing you are going to be able to get and carry

pull it on someone who tries to fuck with you and you may avoid a scrap all together and unless you actually stab someone I can't see why the cops would search you, find it and then fine you and take it away

I think someone else already mentioned carry a tool and saying it's for your scooter/skateboard

Like a big ass 18mm spanner or shifter maybe
>>
>>32533668
No
>>
>>32533672
scooter screws are all allen keys
>>
im kinda looking for really outlandish and creative ideas. like a moulded hand piece to wrap my hand around so punches are more solid, etc
>>
>>32533709
so... you could still convince a cop that it's not a weapon and it's for your scooter or your friends skateboard or the skateboard you didn't bring that day

unless you can acquire an allen key large enough to use as a weapon

in the end being in australia is fucked because if you use anything other than your hand and actually hit someone they will still charge your with assault or something
>>
>>32533638
>i can do all the knife disarming stuff
yea, na, you CANNOT defend yourself against a knife attack once it starts, you'll get ventilated real good if you attempt any ridiculous disarming techniques your instructors have taught you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jwpwzGpGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E61jnJe_1SI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYwd0Wus5Ik

also pepper spray is illegal in our cucked state; but carb cleaner would work amazingly since it has a lot more power/distance than normal aerosols,
though if you get caught using it on someone you are completely fucked since you'd have to have a reason to carry something like that to a skatepark in the wee hours
>>
inb4 3d print a gun
>>
>>32533742
welp, guess im looking for a weapon if someone pulls any weapon on me then
>>
anyone know if nerf darts tipped with thumb tacks fired from a beefed up nerf gun is illegal here?
>>
>>32533752
m8 a broken nerf gun painted black would be illegal in aus
>>
>>32533775
im mean like; multiple springs, better plunger air seal, etc
>>
>>32533580
Op just put a rock in a tube sock and hit a motherfucker with it. I swear this is the exact same thread everytime.
>>
>>32533800
yeah that'd work. tape it up with gaffa would be even better
>>
>>32533785
not sure why you would want to upgrade a nerf gun to shoot darts with pins in them unless you are planning on hunting small animals and birds and if so there is plenty of other things you could use

if you are thinking a modded nerf gun would be good for self defense I doubt it would be better than having a knife or a steel bar on you and if a cop catches you with a nerf gun he will probably take it away from you anyway unless your in a park actually playing nerf games with a friend(s)
>>
>>32533815
wouldnt want to play with the one im talking about. 7mm long thumb tacks. fired from it'll penetrate skin and flesh from up to 12 metres
>>
File: K.jpg (7KB, 206x213px) Image search: [Google]
K.jpg
7KB, 206x213px
Okay, first off, if someone pulls a knife on you: You're carrying a fucking skateboard.
Apply blunt pressure to the idiot until aggressive movement ceases.
If you're worried about someone with a ranged weapon, you're kind of fucked if they already have the jump on you, but if you see some shit go down and want to be a hero (like a dumbass), start carrying a sling. I realize that slingSHOTS are illegal based on the website given, but not the kind you swing around with a pouch. They are actually really useful and deadly weapons, that just happen to take a lot of practice.
There's a free book on the art of the sling called The Sling for Sport and Survival by Cliff Savage, and you can pick up a free PDF file of it pretty easy with a good ol' google search.
>>
thanks for the help everyone, interesting stuff
>>
File: 1295826993557.jpg (126KB, 1100x914px) Image search: [Google]
1295826993557.jpg
126KB, 1100x914px
>>32533826
regardless, any toy guns used in a manner other than what they were intended for and/or being modified in anyway is probably going to be deemed illegal and taken from you if you get caught with one, probably even get charged or fined
>>
Don't buy any gear until you get to your unit, except a black leatherman wave, fox river socks (or similar synthetic material socks), 1 pair of seal skinz socks, a merino wool beanie, and merino wool neckwarmer.
>>
>>32533638
Oh my god this is too good. Not only are you a muh red belt tkd knaifu disarmu retard but youre a scooter kid too. I fucking love it. Your best bet is to just bend over and take it like the weird little faggot you are. Turn buttsex into your weapon, get into their heads through their dicks. Next thing you know youll have everyone at the skatepark helping you bust a nut instead of picking on you.
>>
>>32533629
Bash with your skateboard.
>>
I feel bad for Australia being so cucked when New Zealed not that far away is uncucked.
>>
>>32533742
10/10 vids
>>
>>32534439
New Zealand was even ruled by a literal Jew. Really makes you scratch the ol' brain box.
>>
>>32533598
>diffuse
It's defuse
>>
>>32533580
knoife
>>
>>32533654
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSnosk4tWrg
>>
>>32533597
>slingshots
I understand commie countries banning weapons to gain complete dominance over it's slaves but why slingshots? Is it security theater?
>>
File: padlockflail.jpg (60KB, 558x441px) Image search: [Google]
padlockflail.jpg
60KB, 558x441px
>>32533580
This works well if you dress like a biker/skatefag: Wear pic related as a necklace.

I mean, there will be no claiming that you weren't carrying it as a weapon, but it's not illegal. I don't know how the law would handle that in Australia.
>>
>>32533580
https://youtu.be/01dDfpvupJo
>>
File: MillwallBrick.jpg (43KB, 435x492px) Image search: [Google]
MillwallBrick.jpg
43KB, 435x492px
>>32533580
>>
File: IMG_5375.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5375.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>32533832
This. As a skateboarder, a board can really fuck someone up.
>>
>>32533660
Just get the biggest cheap Leatherman knockoff you can find and practice with it, the knives on those are enough to fend off an attacker, and it's something you can easily justify having on you.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.