[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are shotguns meme weapons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1481583277110.jpg (47KB, 507x426px) Image search: [Google]
1481583277110.jpg
47KB, 507x426px
Is there any practical thing, besides breaching, a rifle can't do that a shotgun can? Why is it that you never see the police storm buildings with shotguns?
>>
>>32532517
>practical thing
Shooting a wide variety of small pellets in varying types of patterns.
>>
>>32532517
Don't post a picture of coffee. Children shouldn't drink coffee, or post here.
>>
>>32532517
Shotguns are better at shooting birds out of the air, and at breaking locks/hinges with metal powder to avoid ricochet.

They are better than no gun, but they aren't best at anything except bird hunting and breaching, unless you're constrained by law from using a rifle (slug zone for deer hunting, etc).
>>
File: 1483399594820.gif (695KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483399594820.gif
695KB, 245x245px
>Is there any practical thing, besides breaching, a rifle can't do that a shotgun can?
>>
We need all OPs that contain the word meme to autosage.
>>
>>32532543
It's not coffee, it is MUTANT® Whey
>>
>>32532517
shotguns are a very american thing.

It can be pushed into most sitchuations and they are easy to use. They can be non lethal, they can shoot slugs, and they can shoots shot. Just to name a few. They are underappreciated and the only reason they are not used modern infantry is because
"fuck being that close to the enemy"-vietnam vet LRRP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0D6p3w2qgY
>>
>>32532533
>>32532558

Notice how both of these posts are OP seriously replying to this thread is hopes of getting 300+ replies.

Just report him and don't respond.
>>
They used them in Vietnam and Somalia to some effect. They shouldn't be your first choice but inside 20 meters they'll kill gooks/sammies dead. Basically if you find yourself in a situation where you're in open combat with a shotgun shits clearly fucked.
>>
>>32532619
in WWI they used them like machine guns.
>10 or 20 men lined up with 97's and when the germans made their charge we unloaded on them.
>when the first guys ran out of ammo they would step down and another 10 or 20 men would unload there shotguns.
>while they were unloading the guys who shot first would reload.

rinse and repeat. from what i understand even though this wasnt common it was pretty effective due to the shear amount of shot going down range.

Ive talked to a few vietnam guys, the would rather have there m16 or a grease gun. However the point man always carried a shotgun because nothing was nearly as a effective when you accidentally stumble upon so VC. They also said they carried more often at night than day because the pitch black of the jungle made sights useless and they felt the shotgun had a better chance at killing.

i honestly cant support the first story with evidence because it was told to me by an old buddy but the second is information i got from a vietnam veterans group on facebook.
>>
>>32532517
Frag12 shells
>>
You can shoot anything out of a shotgun. A flare, a grenade, a hand full of rocks, a dildo, even a smaller shotgun
>>
>>32532517

Why did the cops carry only shotguns in their patrol vehicles for 100 years before starting to keep rifles also?
>>
yes incredibly

but they're really versatile with a bunch of unimportant stuff.
>>
>>32533207
Criminals got body armor.

>>32532517
Shotguns are a jack-of-all trades weapon. They don't do anything particularly WELL (except kill birds and breach doors as has been mentioned several times) but they do everything. Also horrifying stats for killing with a single shot center mass (with buckshot)

If I could only have one gun it would be a shotgun.
>>
>>32532576
We invented breaching charges.

How can shotguns ever recover?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.