[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ommandos finally turned 21 y/o and applied for my foid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: P30L.jpg (199KB, 1232x760px) Image search: [Google]
P30L.jpg
199KB, 1232x760px
Hey /k/ommandos finally turned 21 y/o and applied for my foid (Illinois Fag).
Income Tax season is around the corner and thinking of picking up the following guns if you could give me suggestions that would be appreciated as well.

Glock 43 ( Concealed Carry) - in-between the 43 / 26

HK P30L(s) (Full size Carry/ main)

Arsenal SAM7R (AR recommendations would be appreciated but leaning towards the AK)

Remmington 870 / Mossberg 590

Let me know what you think. I've shot a decent amount and not a complete rookie.
>>
>>32528722
Just get a 1911 best gun out there but you need good sheth to I make good sheth you talk to me igive you the best
>>
>>32528722
If you're gonna buy a P30L might as well buy a P30SK for carry too. Its my carry gun and really solid, but a Glock 26 is a good choice too.
>>
>>32528772
Do not listen to this fag.

>Glock 26
>Glock 17
>MP15 Sport
>Mossberg 590

Glocks have the interchangeable mags. the 43 is single stack so in case of emergency the 17 mag will fit in the 26.

MP Is cheap and gets the job done.
>>
>>32528798
Seconding the MP15 Sport ( get the new gen). Still tho, go with the P30s over the Glocks. Not really for any reliability reasons, but for superior ergos and aesthetic. With the right grip panels, it gives me the perfect trigger reach as soon as I grab the gun instead of having to fiddlefuck with it to get the perfect grip.
>>
>>32528772
Buying a Springfield Armory Operator eventually gotta have a 1911 it is not the best though.

>>32528794
P30SK how do you like it ? And what type of holster do you use.

>>32528798
I saw that the double stack glocks will work with each other being a very nice feature. incase of an emergency the 26 could use 17/19 etc. plus the pinky extensions are nice.
>>
>>32528798
P!$$ off lumploaf I carry 1911 all my life and my dad who serve our county he was in army during Vietnam no he was not in Vietnam because he hurt his leg but he carry 1911 to
>>
>>32528861
Honestly, I fucking love my P30SK. Carries very well in a Crossbreed Supertuck, doesn't feel heavy and doesn't print much which is useful since I live in florida. Surprisingly, the recoil is incredibly light and reminds me of my P229 or of a Glock 19, much bigger guns. Only issue I have is that the trigger is kinda heavy and long in DA and a bit spongy in SA, but dry firing the kinda heavy trigger has made me a much better shooter. Also, I could be wrong but it takes P30, P30L, and VP9 mags.

As far as a 1911, just go with whatever you think is purtiest. I personally went with a brushed blue Colt 1911.
>>
I conceal a glock 26 because it is one of the most size and weight efficient subcompacts and very concealable. It can also accept larger double stack magazines in a pinch for home defense roles.

As for a dedicated full size or compact weapon I suggest a Walther PPQ. When you dry fire it a few times you'll understand. Also the ergonomics is pretty much like the P30 or VP9 it just does not have side panels only changeable backstraps.
>>
>>32528722
glock 43 is snappy, get the 26 imo. After you grow up you will get a .38 revolver cause they own for a ccw better then pretty much anything

HK P30L... lol neat meme gun. 1k dollars for a gun with a shit trigger? Get a 92fs or a cz sp-01 tactical for 600 bucks, and spend the rest on ammo.

SAM7R has a ak74 profile barrel (pencil barrel) so it sucks. Get a vepr or assemble a quality ar-15 for 800 bucks.
>>
>>32528722
Oh and the remington 870 is a piece of shit.

Get the mossman or find a older 870 police.

Never buy anything Remington after year 2004
>>
>>32528722
Wait, you have to be 21 to buy a gun in IL?
>>
>>32529135
Outside of the Express line the current Wingmaster and Police are fine.
>>
>>32528722
Remington 870, they're the king of pump shotguns and easily outdo the shitberg 500
>>
>>32529154

>buying from freedom group
>>
File: p30sk.jpg (237KB, 988x591px) Image search: [Google]
p30sk.jpg
237KB, 988x591px
>>32528933

I really didn't expect to enjoy this thing as much as I did. I bought a holster with it just because but I'm actually going to carry it. The trigger isn't amazing, but it's easy to get used to and the pistol overall is more of what I want in a carry gun than a shield by itself or the sr9c I bought first.
>>
File: BHP_pretty.jpg (52KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
BHP_pretty.jpg
52KB, 700x465px
>>32528722

May I suggest limiting yourself to 2 Calibers only, plus shotgun shells (20 gauge is pretty nice actually).

>Glock 43
Its still a brick.
Get a Diamondback DB9, it costs less and Trump is willing to rely on it.

Also get heavy subsonic rounds like 158gr or 165gr TMJ, lots of meat penetration with that and thats what matters since youll have a shorter barreled pistol.

Forget hollowpoints and all that jazz, you want this gun to shoot through the man's spine from his frontside.

Heavy ass hardcast wadcutter would be the best, but youll have to check if your gun can cycle it.

>HK P30L
No.

Browning Hi-Power that looks really pretty for the same price with a bobbed hammer (mfw 20 round mags that are reliable).

And again its 9mm like above.

>Arsenal SAM7R
No.

And what do you want a rifle for anyway (purpose wise)?

762x39 is about shooting through car doors.

5.56 and 5.45mm is about shooting a bunch of bullets that are still (effective?) and can breach 300 yards.

300meme is about shooting like 5.45mm or shooting subsonic easily. Only get if you want a suppressor - or a heavy AR Pistol that hits like a magnum with a high capacity (a 5lb AR pistol in 300meme beats a 44mag desert eagle, unfortunately its about the same price though).

Since this determines your 2nd Caliber I suggest you choose wisely.

Heck I would even suggest a Lever Action 30-30 because the ammo is so common. And it hits like an AK anyways. Looks old fashioned but wtf.
> if SHTF really does come, you have a good contender for ammo availability, and its Effective.
> but in Illinois you cant hunt deer with it, sorry.

> Shotgun
Get a Spreader Choke for it no matter what kind you get. Even spreader chokes dont spread the pellet load like they do in video games.

Also you want #4 Buck shells for defense because they fit a balance between lethality and shot count.

I would seriously suggest getting a 20 Gauge though.

Anything over getting 6 bleeding holes in someone is pretty effective.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.