[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When, /k/? When?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: maxim9.jpg (92KB, 1080x795px) Image search: [Google]
maxim9.jpg
92KB, 1080x795px
Anyone heard anything about production beginning? Rumors? Think they'll have any announcement at SHOT?
>>
>>32526723
Just get a 1911 best gun out there
>>
>>32526743
please end your own life.
>>
>>32526723
The fuck is the point of this?
>baffle strike
hurr gotta go buy a new slide now
>>
>>32526986

looks awfully like it's sectional in the silencer part. Did you even open the image? I imagine you can replace parts at will.
>>
>>32526986
>t. nocans shitposter
And just how would you get a baffle strike on an integral? Serious user fuckup is the only way, and that user deserves what he gets.

Furthermore, how do you not realize that should the impossible happen, things can be repaired?

It is segmented like the Salvo and Osprey Micro. Just replace the damaged section(s). But that's all rather moot, since a baffle strike won't happen.
>>
File: cyberpunk_2077[1].jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk_2077[1].jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>32526986
>The fuck is the point of this?
we cyberpunk now omae
>>
>>32526723
Last I read the release date was just "2017", so hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm honestly more interested in the ASR Sakers. Theres going to be a metric fuckton of butt hurt now that SiCo seems to be favoring the ASR over the MAAD with the 2017 lineup
>>
>>32526723
They are waiting for Trump to legalize suppressors without a stamp.
>>
It'll be out as soon as the Stg44 remake comes out
>>
File: dsc09141ojyic.jpg (208KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
dsc09141ojyic.jpg
208KB, 500x392px
>>32527137
since the pvs 21's came out we were already cyber punk just alot of poor neets on 4chan spurging out when someone posts nice shit they instantly think airshit or fake becuase thier lives are shit so they want your lives to be shit.Discord chats are were the 1337 /k/. the /k/ heaven to this being /k/ hell.
>>
>>32527083
>asks questions
>answers your own question
also
>things can be repaired
If the cost of repair equals or near-equals the cost of the original item, why would you bother repairing it?

Also
>integrally suppressing a caliber that isn't shit when suppressed

HMMM

Sounds suspiciously like you should fuck off
>>
>>32527137

Isn't omae Shadowrun?
>>
>>32527230
If you really think the cost to repair a few segmented baffles is going to eclipse the cost of the entire firearm, you're painfully retarded.

>147gr 9mm doesn't exist

Sounds suspiciously like you should fuck off
>>
>>32527274
alternatively

>buy regular firearm
>superior in ability to use both suppressed and unsuppressed
>if you fuck up your suppressor your gun still works

kek, you fucking retard
>>
I spoke to a guy I know at Silencerco about the Maxim back in July.
He said some parts of the project, like the timeline, are hush-hush even within the company and he's not privy to all the details, but knows a few things.

He said "we're close" and I asked how close. He said it should release in 2017. Yes, I realize that's a shitty time frame but considering he said they were close 6 months ago, I'd bet on early 2017 although that's just a guess.

At the time I spoke to him he confirmed the final release version was intended to be modular, kind of like their 12ga suppressor. Meaning it should be ear-safe (with any standard pressure factory ammo) at full length but if you NEED it shorter you can reduce the length by removing segments, sacrificing some of the sound suppression.

Baffle strikes shouldn't be an issue, ever. In the unlikely event it happens, you should be able to get repaired without too much trouble since it's modular.

Some prototypes were made based on various different service pistols. However I suspect it was difficult to put together a partnership like would be needed to integrally suppress someone else's product and have both companies fully stand behind the product, so the production gun will be their own proprietary design but will accept Glock 17 magazines.

I want one.
>>
>>32527298
So your point is that the Maxim 9, an integrally silenced handgun, is bound to be inferior because you can't use it unsupressed? The whole point of the Maxim 9 is the novelty of having an integral can, you stupid fuck. No one is buying this thing to replace their carry gun or shit like that, and "gun still works" even if you stripped off all of the baffles. Hell, you can have a baffle strike and it's not as if the gun is going to do anything other than be louder
>>
>>32526723
N E V E R
E
V
E
R
>>
>>32527155
never gonna happen, the orange headed fascist in chief you elected is going to strip your rights away.
>>
>>32527465
great bait
>>
>>32526723
This is some shitty 3d printed model right?I can literally see the plastic layers, and I've seen diy glock "stippling" better than those braille grips.

Will the integral slide be a standalone? I'd get one of those 80% glocknade frames if all it takes is plastic.
>>
>>32526723
When suppressors become deregulated.
>>
>>32526723
First of this year. I have a family member who works at SiCo. I was told about new products a few months back, as well as Q1 2017 for the Maxim.

>>32527230
>repair costs
>silencerco

laughingsluts.jpeg

>>32527396
From the first announcement it was always modular. They were saying the same things back at SHOT.
>>
File: pb-6p9_09_of_10.jpg (169KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pb-6p9_09_of_10.jpg
169KB, 1024x768px
>>32526723
I actually think it looks retarded and if I have to pay a tax I want something more universal. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it, I'm just saying it's not super practical. I would rather have the 50 year old design in pic related, TBQH.
>>
>>32526723

Man that thing is super rad

Is there any reason not to keep it as a home defense weapon?
>>
Pfft....

I'm still waiting for my Kriss Kard. That's the only slab sided automatic I am looking forward to.
>>
>>32527685

What is 9mm is inferior for 500 Alex?
>>
>>32527712

I'd be fine with a .45 integrally suppressed pistol as well, are they working on one of those?
>>
>>32527777
Czech'd

Woudn't the heaviest bullet possible be best for subsonic since you have SPEED as the limit, the only way to increase your ft-lbs would be MASS?

Am I wrong?

If not, then .45 ACP is probably the best common pistol round for subsonic, right?
>>
>>32527712
>I'm a fucking retard
>>
>>32528139
see
>>32527949
>>
>>32527949
9mm is cheaper and quieter, but less effective. also most suppressed guns would be used without a silencer most of the time, and 9mm is better most of the time.
>>
After Trump unfucks the NFA.

No, seriously. That's what they're waiting on.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.