[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/ommandos, how would one go about becoming a PMC (private

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: PMC.jpg (49KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
PMC.jpg
49KB, 620x413px
Hi /k/ommandos, how would one go about becoming a PMC (private military contractor) in North America without any military experience. I understand they would be the lowest of the lowest in the ladder but i'm just wondering on how the process would be. I don't have a criminal record but I have nothing in life right now
>>
No.
>>
>>32525309
I'll do anything.
>>
>>32525295
Literally impossible. You'd have a better chance of starting your own PMC company than being hired by one.
>>
Google is your friend. I found my mercenary group through it and we were overseas for 7 months.

That said, the American government will fuck you. You will be a base bitch cleaning the grunt's uniforms while not allowed in any briefings or off the base missions. Go illegal anon. Find a non American group that operates outside of American doctrine. Unless you want to be cucked by the military without even being a private.
>>
>>32525295
Join the military, specifically combat arms in either the army or marines, preferably army. Complete a minimum 4 year contract. Attend as many cool guy schools as you can. Make at least e5.

That's the only way most PMCs will even look at you.

That being said, you'll likely end up working for the army anyway, as a gate guard.
>>
>>32525331
You joined without experience?
>>
>>32525337
>Attend as many cool guy schools as you can
please elaborate
>>
>>32525337
I'm in Canada I passed my CFAT for officer but my grades aren't good enough to be accepted and I don't have a degree. School fell through. I don't think the Forces will accept me even as a grunt.
>>
>>32525338
Yes, but they are very selective. Get fit and have a few hundred hours of range time before trying to join.
>>
>>32525347
At this point of life, i'd be happy with a grunt.
>>
>>32525353
That's a little tough for me atm, I can get fit but the range might take some time. Time that I don't have.
>>
>>32525346
Airborne, jump master, air assault, pathfinder, ranger school, sapper, ect.

>>32525347
If you suck that hard, consider french foreign legion to get your feet wet. Otherwise get a normal job. Mil service doesn't deserve to get dragged down by plebs like you.
>>
>>32525366
You said you had nothing in life atm. I guess you were lying. If that is in your nature then you aren't cut out for any military/pmc group. Stick with your online shooting games you fucking fag
>>
>>32525331
So you're saying just apply for groups? How would you find a group outside of US domain? I don't have any connections.
>>
>>32525374
I would excel in military environment... I'm smart, fit, don't do drugs, healthy. I just need a little discipline, or a lot.
>>
>>32525374
FFL is a 5 year commitment.
>>
>>32525379
Finding them is part of the app process as cliche as that sounds.
>>
>how would one go about becoming a PMC (private military contractor) in North America without any military experience
You wouldn't. Not as a deployable grunt. Maybe they'll stick you in an office.
The PMC market has dried up considerably, and it's not that easy to join a reputable one even with training, not that you'd want to join one anyway. It's a scummy profession where you can easily get screwed by the PMC, or be sent to bumfuck nowhere guarding shipping containers. And then you get screwed afterwards.

I know someone who could have gotten 100k starting sitting in the desert staring at the horizon guarding a US military installation. He turned it down. It's miserable work.
>>
>>32525388
If you don't have the discipline to get to the range on your own, you will not "excel" in the military.

The winners in any army are self starters who can read their commander's intent and execute. It's a social job. Being fit and healthy is expected, not rewarded. Smarts are irrelevant, unless it translates into know when and how to disagree with a boss.

If you seriously have nothing going for yourself, enlist and see for yourself.
>>
>>32525419
This

Life is not a video game anon. If you want to get your dick wet and slot some floppies, you either have to go way into a legal gray area, or put on a uniform
>>
Basically, you don't. I was Infantry for 8 years, two deployments, E-5 and most reputable companies won't hire me. A buddy of mine who was even more high-speed only got hired because he had a deployment as a sniper. That is to say that being a sniper wasn't good enough, he had to have combat experience as a sniper to get hired. The market is just so saturated that they just won't give you a second look unless you're SF or something.
>>
>>32525419
>And then you get screwed afterwards.
how?
>>
>>32525295
Go join the Kurds, they'll hand you an AK and tell you to go get ISIS the second you get off the plane.
>>
>>32525486
Cutting you loose before the contract is finished. Standard practice.

Contracts will usually be shit pay while youre working, but with a nice fat bonus for contract completion. Higher ups will cut lower guys loose just before the contract is complete, cutting them off from that sweet bonus.
>>
>>32525504
>>32525504
Cutting you loose before the contract is finished. Standard practice.

And that means..? you get no pay? you get left on the battlefield?
>>
>>32525379
>I don't have any connections

And you never will.
>>
>>32525295
>without any military experience
Those days are gone
>>
>>32525295
Ok so I've read all your responses. I might consider joining the FFL, do you have any suggestions about that?
>>
>>32525540
And could I become a PMC after FFL?
>>
>>32525526
No, you make the standard rate without the bonus to make it all worthwhile. You still get a ticket home (that you pay for), but the dollar amount stated up front is almost never what you're going to actually make unless you're in with the right people and/or indispensable to the contract.

Dude, pmc work sucks serious dick. Nobody wants to do it unless their military career has either dried up or gotten boring. Hell, we had a dude that did 6 years, got out, worked for academi for like 10 months, then reenlisted.

He said that the fucking *army* had less bullshit going on than academi.
>>
make contact with big boss
>>
>>32525295
>how to join a pmc
>without any military experience

You dont. Now go away
>>
>>32525295
> how would one go about becoming a PMC in North America without any military experience.

You don't.
You need at least 5 years Military experience to become a PMC.
>>
>>32525411
And?
>>
>>32525374
FFL is not as easy to get in as it once was. Now that there are tons of third world fucks that are applying.
>>
>>32527077
I saw on reddit that they just had an expansion and are welcoming more recruits till March of next year or this year.
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (125KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
125KB, 900x900px
>>32525674
>tfw corporations DON'T do everything better
>>
>>32525337
>combat arms
Does recon count?
>>
>>32525295
>>32525327
PMCs will hire if you have policing experience as well. They typically expect you to have served on some form of tactical team however. This doesn't exactly help OP since he is obviously looking for an easy way and this is not one. PMCs however will also hire certified EMTs be be "field medics". They typically get to do all the same operating shit but act as a medic first and foremost. This obviously requires certifications and schooling, not to mention reputable PMCs will still be expecting some sort of proven combat/tactical experience.

There is no "easy way" to become a PMC unless you know people that are already in the industry. From what I hear, most of the new hires these days are friends/former comrades of current employees.
>>
>>32525540
>>32525561
You seem to have the attitude that becoming a PMC or joining some sort of mercenary group is somehow easier than studying for your fucking CFAT and passing it. Come on man, it's grade 10 level math and English. The FFL expects you to speak fluent French by the time you finish selection. Not to mention you give up your Canadian citizenship and are renamed something gay like Pepe-La-Baguette.

I suggest you look else where. Your attitude and lack of drive is palpable. The fact that you are too lazy to follow the very easy steps as outlined by the Canadian Firearms Program to become licenced speaks volumes.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.