[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earpro; what do you prefer to use? I used to use big cans over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5039.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5039.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
Earpro; what do you prefer to use?

I used to use big cans over my ears but they used to dig in the glasses arms and it hurt too much, so now I use the orange Hickok ring.
>>
>>32520969
Foamies and some LL Bean ear muffs that I got for $5
>>
>>32520969
Hickok ears are the only good earpro famalam
>>
I wanted to get a pair of those but I figured they would be about as good as regular plugs. Ive got retardedly sensitive ears, so plugs are usually a no go for me. How are they?
>>
>>32520969
surefire sonic defenders

cheap comfy and let in just enough ambient audio for ranges with lots of people
>>
>>32520969
Howard leight impact sports. I kind of want a nicer set but they work well enough I can't justify spending $200+ on new earpro.
>>
File: 1479072015053.jpg (44KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1479072015053.jpg
44KB, 282x341px
I just realized that earpro means "ear protection" and isn't some sort of brand...
>>
>>32521000
Did you know that Hickok earpro is meant to be worn under the chin my good man?
>>
>>32521029
fucking brain dead redditors.
>>
just a bulk box of regular ear plugs. muffs don't block noise that well imo, plus they're a pain when shooting a rifle
>>
My Beretta shells are plenty good enough and quite comfy, even when shooting .300WM and such.

I'll probably get electronic ones if I get a job at that shipyard and end up shooting at a nearby long distance range.
>>
in b4 some tripfag posts some special benaflek 5,000 dollar delta force ear pro
>>
>>32521000
THE TRIPS OF TRUTH
>>
Where do i acquire hickok earpro
>>
I use earplugs and some of those over ear powered noise canceling ones

My place has a metal building kind of covered shooting area with a wall missing and it gets pretty loud with just one ear protection in.
>>
>>32521177
double dubs

the murdercube wills it
>>
I have a pair of reusable (but cheap) connected earplugs for shooting rifles and shotguns, since bulky ear defenders tend to interfere with my cheekweld
I mostly shoot handguns though, for which I have a pair of the pricey noise-cancelling over ears
>>
>>32521040
I do indeed, sir.

Still more comfortable around the neck.

>>32521190
Like 6 bucks shipped on Amazon
>>
>>32521000
>>32521177
>>32521199
Trips followed by double dubbly-dubs

Hickok earpro confirmed GOAT
>>
>have glasses
>muff earpro doesnt do anything since glasses break the seal
>only shooting range within 50mi is indoor only
>people love to magdump large calibre rangetoys from a bench 10m away in the stall next to me
>tfw wear plus and take off glasses to avoid ear rape
>have to shoot at targets 10m away or i barely hit the target

FUCK my local range holy hell absolute fucking pain in the ass if I dont get there early

last time i went there was a guy who went through fifty fucking shells of birdshot in some pump-action in about 10 minutes. load 5 rounds in, blast them all out as fast as he could, load it up again, magdump again. most of the time was spent reaffixing a target because it would be so destroyed as to fly down the range, there was a stack of ~7 cardboard squares turned into glitter

>other side is a 10 year old who was giver a deagle brand deagle and smacc'd himself in the face with the first shot so grandpa took him home
>guy who took his spot magdumped his WASR for half an hour

FUCK
OFF
>>
>>32521029
Me too. Weird, cause I've been here a couple years as well.
>>32521040
My dad has those fuckers. Multiple ways to Wear them. Under chin is best. Behind neck is almost as good. And comfier
>>
>>32521266
I also have glasses. Best way I've found is to double up your shit. Wear plugs and muffs if your range is full of mongs
>>
>>32521075
>plus they're a pain when shooting a rifle
I run into this problem shooting my brothers AR. On my VEPR I guess the stock is big enough that I can rest my chin on it without hitting my earpro. But on the AR stock it always lifts up my earpro and I get the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32521266
>indoors
>magdumping
Idk. I went to an indoor range for the first time a few days ago. It was relatively well regulated and they didn't allow magdumping. They called a guy out over an intercom for shooting more than a shot a second. Seems like your range is shit.. that sucks. It was fucking horrible trying to breathe in there though, too. Don't you have any outdoor areas?
>>
>>32521314
>It was fucking horrible trying to breathe in there though
Then they need better ventilation. Outdoors is still the way to go though, unless the weather is really bad.
>>
>>32521266
That's weird. I wear glasses and my Howard leights work fine. I wear plastic frame glasses so that might make a difference since they're wider and flatter on the legs?
>>
Nobody for the true el cheapo? Caldwell E-max for the outdoor win! I dunno if I've adjusted naturally but I shoot an AR and Galil with no issue about bumping the cups.
>>
>>32521322
They had like two or three vents. It was a really small store/range. You could feel the fresh air coming in if you stood right under them but otherwise it was just a smoky mess. Yeah, probably need better ventilation.
>>
>Not using Howard Leights

Confirmed for only shooting at "no rapid fire, no drawing from holster" faggot indoor ranges alone.
>>
>>32521000

ur gay pwned
>>
File: 1379530419325.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1379530419325.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>32521342
>indoor ranges
>>
>Hickok ring
>cock ring

I see what you did there famalam.
>>
File: 632420.jpg (121KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
632420.jpg
121KB, 880x660px
Just got a pair of walker game ear razors. Pretty legit, you can hear really good but dampens rifles, 12ga and handguns well. If you feel like doubling up I also use the surefire plugs. They don't interfere with my glasses either.
>>
>>32521407
I have these, I like them
>>
>>32521337
I wear safety glasses when shooting with muffs. Seals fine.
>>
>>32520969
THESE THINGS ARE FUCKING BULLSHIT I BOUGHT A PAIR AND THEN WENT AND SHOT MY MAGNUM AND NOW I HAVE A MILD CASE OF TINNITUS FUCK YOU HICOCK
>>
>>32521470
laughing2liters.wav
>>
>>32521010
What size did you get in the Surefires?

How's the fit? comfort?
>>
>>32521407
Are these any better than the Howard Leigh's?
>>
Should I just get some $10 ones from harbor freight?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.