[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechanix Gloves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: MW15_HMG_55_H_735x918.jpg (94KB, 589x918px) Image search: [Google]
MW15_HMG_55_H_735x918.jpg
94KB, 589x918px
Anyone own the 0.5mm covert gloves? Look pretty nice, and my issue with gloves has ALWAYS been dexterity, to the point of just cutting the thumb, index, and middle fingers off.
Plus, Mechanix is operator as fuck
>>
Mechanix framers. Look em up.
>>
>>32520665
>Mechanix is operator as fuck

Good to know their marketing has you hooked.

In reality they're just mediocre leather gloves.
>>
>Plus, Mechanix is operator as fuck

I like them and wear them Also I think some LEOs and soldiers actually wear them but Wiley-X is more popular and "operator".
>>
File: skd-pig-glove-001.jpg (140KB, 1000x736px) Image search: [Google]
skd-pig-glove-001.jpg
140KB, 1000x736px
>>32520665
Just get SKD PIG Alpha gloves
They're a lot better than Mechanix gloves
Mechanix only got popular because they were relatively cheap and could be found in almost any hardware store
>>
>>32520770
>relatively cheap

Mechanix are overpriced as fuck.
>>
>>32520793
They WERE relatively cheap before they got popular with the military
Like 20 bucks or less
>>
>>32520793

Not all of them.
>>
>>32520665
I own some M-Pacts. They fell apart after just a few day long sessions of splitting and stacking firewood.

Since then I got a couple pairs of fastfit because they are way cheaper. I only use them for shooting and other light tasks.
>>
File: mbeke why.jpg (18KB, 192x260px) Image search: [Google]
mbeke why.jpg
18KB, 192x260px
>>32520808
>uses gloves to split wood
>uses gloves to carry it
what a fag
>>
ansell makes the best gloves for the price. look it up
>>
>>32520793
I'm finding pairs of mechanix's m-pact + "technical" gloves for 13-16 american on amazon from mechanixs amazon store
>>
>>32520665
Looks nice, pretty warm. I used to wear it in -12C in Russia. Feels good.
>>
>>32520800
This is true. They were cheap. Now that they are tacticool the price went up, would find them for 15 bucks.
>>
I use those gloves for tactical freezer stocking at Costco they are perfect for that
>>
>>32522247
Underrated post
>>
>>32520676
not op, but can't i just cut the fingers off and sew them on the edges so they won't undo?
>>
I got the fastfits, dexterity is good. I can text with them on (old school flipper phone not tactile), get things from my wallet and such.
They aren't warm by any means but at least I can keep them on pretty much all the time.
They are still easy to put on and off with the big loop, but that's also a potential snag hazard if you have to be low drag.

With the black on black text they do make you feel discreetely operator, if that's your thing. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get them for that reason.
>>
>>32520800
I just searched and you can still purchase them for 20 and under
>>
>>32520665
Does Mechanix make 2XL gloves?
XL is too small for me
>>
>>32520665
A lot of people wore them for ordnance handling when I was in the Navy.

Also line handling, in direct contradiction to safety instructions that explicitly state that gloves should not be worn and training including photographs of what can happen if you wear gloves when line handling, but then we all do it anyway because those lines are wet and slippery and covered in goose poo and it's cold outside.
>>
>>32524834
You know what they say about guys who lie about the size of their hands
>>
File: m1009.jpg (99KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
m1009.jpg
99KB, 1024x709px
really like granqvist gloves, really varm and has a nice fit. Only complaint I have is that they dont have it in Multicam, luckily it picks up on dirt really fast, so they get a pretty natural camo.
>>
Interested. Need recommendations for gloves to use to operate in cold and wind.
>>
>>32524890
two days and they're fucked. not durable at all
>>
>>32525134
Had mine for almost 2 years now, they look fucked up, but they work really well for me. Learned I shouldnt wash them tho.
>>
>>32525146
I never washed them. They're one of the best to shoot with though
>>
>>32520793
They're like $15-20 bucks at Walmart. Just save your burger bucks
>>
I like Mechanix because they actually fit my mutant fingers. I had a pair of covert M-pacts, they were nice but the velcro on the wrist strap wore out rather quickly and the rubber on the backs of the fingers made getting into pocket nigh-impossible. Since then I've stuck with just the plain, black fastfit gloves.
>>
I sliced open the thumb of my pair of Mpacts loading a pistol mag, and that was before any long term use.. The gloves were a gift but I will never buy a pair after that. I wear my (likely knockoff) Oakley hard knuckled gloves any day over mechanix. They too were a gift
>>
>>32520848
>begging for splinters
jeez you seem like the kind of guy to take it
>>
>>32525617
>not toughening your hands
Its like you want soft oily baby hands and call yourself a man. Its like going to the gym in an exo suit and saying youre strength training
>>
>>32520808
>using anything but ranch or leather work gloves for outdoor tasks

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>32525617
its called callouses pussy, get some and maybe your wife's son will want you to teach him how to play baseball you waste of space
>>
>>32520665
have you tried nomex?
>>
>His gloves aren't kevlar lined

It's like you want to shred your palms.
>>
>>32525704
this tho
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.