[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for /K/nowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: picrelated.jpg (28KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.jpg
28KB, 500x322px
>Be me(Medically retired Marine as of August 2016)
>Be stuck in (in)Glorious Peoples Republic of California
>Oh God why

I applied to Lassen Community College's Gunsmithing program last year and didn't get in because reasons

(seriously what kind of program does not give Veterans preference?)

ANYWAY

I am going to keep trying to get into it, but can you guys and gals please suggest any other gunsmithing programs

location doesn't matter...in fact anywhere that is not california would actually be great
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>32518606
Online gunsmithing classes. It's a trap though.
Get ready to replace O-rings on auto shotguns and get pocket lint out of slides for the rest of your life.
>>
>seriously what kind of program does not give Veterans preference?
One where they know they can't make money off you

Don't be a gunsmith you'll make shit money and deal with shit people all day, but as a POG I bet you're used to that.

Go to a real university you fucking knucklehead.
>>
>>32518606
>(seriously what kind of program does not give Veterans preference?)
fucking welfare queens.
>>
>>32518645
>[Post a Reply]
>10/04/16 New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
>06/20/16 New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
>05/08/16 Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
>[Hide] [Show All]
I was supposed to be an 0351, but I got into a car accident on the way to ITB....so actually I guess I am even less then a POG......not really sure why I admitted that...
>>
>>32518606
>Veterans preference
Why should you get special treatment? Other candidates were better than you and would have a better chance of success upon graduation.

Are you such a MORON that you can't google gunsmithing schools? There are three good ones and then a bunch of really crappy ones, like the one you were rejected from.

>>32518645
>Go to a real university
Dude can't get into a gunsmithing class at a community college. I'm think truck driving school would be a better fit.
>>
>>32518606
Am I on Arfcom?

-------------
USMC 1988-1989 (dishonorable medical discharge)
USPS 1989-1999
SEMPER FIDELIS
THESE COLORS DON'T RUN
>>
>>32518682

I found lassen via the google and went to gun shows to get peoples opinions on it from actual gunsmiths since then I have also been looking into Trinidad State Junior College
>>
>>32518606
I'm glad you specified that you were medically separated because you know most Marines get OTH
>>
>>32518727

I fought like the Devil to stay in, even went to D.C. to try and convince some shiny assholes to let me stay in.....but the military is downsizing so they still showed me the door....
>>
>>32518675
Okay so you were never in the fleet.

You wouldn't even really be a "veteran" by any means. You won't be getting a GI bill or any sort of compensation and you shouldn't be entitled to think you belong places.

Are you even 20 yet? I really ahte to agree with a shittrip and troll but you don't sound very bright. I would suggest a real university or going to a community college and move back in with the parental units
>>
>>32518847

OP Here and you and I could not agree more on the fact that I didn't rate the uniform, in fact I got a serious talking to when they made made me have the ceremony to pick up lance......for in trouble more then a few times for trying to not have the uniform on it felt like a fucking disgrace to all of the brothers that's did actually earn it.....but somehow I got out with paperwork that's says I rate the GI Bill and Voc-Rehab....trust me Sir I have had more sleepless nights then I can count, and honestly that stupid bitch that was texting and driving should have killed me...I don't know what to do Sir...maybe I climb up on the roof and this time I jump
>>
>>32518928
Seriously you sound like you just got off the boat from arfcom, you aren't entitled to anything, quit being such a welfare bitch and move on with your life and try to make something out of it.

Also fuck you for being such an entitled welfare bitch
>>
>>32518606
I got 3 friends who all do gunsmithing, two just repair and modify, one actually builds custom 1,000 yard shooting competition rifles. They all explained it as thus:
Getting trained as a machinist THEN going into gunsmithing is a lot better than going to a dedicated gunsmithing course.

The reason being is that really the only difference between a machinist and a gunsmith is that one has a license to make and sell guns, and literally anyone can apply for one of those.

Gun markets are volatile nowdays, and it can be a long time in between customers, as well as be very expensive to start up. If you are a machinist, you can always fall back on doing regular machinist stuff to keep cashflow going.

The machine work in guns is actually far easier than the types of requests most machinists are trained to handle too.

Its kinda like a buisiness management degree vs a hospitality management degree. They are pretty much the same, you can get a job in the hospitality industry with either, but one is super limited and ONLY good in that industry, while the other leaves you way more options open.
>>
>>32518928
Jesus christ you really are fresh off the boat
>>
>>32518928
Dude, stop. Just stop. This boot calling everyone "sir" thing...... Its like bleeding in a shark tank.
Literally anyone who was an NCO or even just been in long enough to get salty is going to grit their teeth and stifle their hazing reflex when they hear it.
>>
Pretty sure OP is just a bad troll, or maybe he's actually just this new and stolen valor
>>
>>32519084
Idk if his story is true, but he's doing an awful good impression of a confused boot.

I just EASed (honourably) about 2 weeks ago, and can feel some sympathy for him if he aint full of shit. But hes got some hard learnin to do, if your papers say ANYTHING other than honorable on them you are in for a tough trip.

People look at such guys, even medical, and go "medical discharge, no purple heart, weak malingering bitch" and throw your application on the shit-pile.
>>
Dude take my advice, real school is better. I got out of the Army in 2012, did community college, graduated, and now am finishing up at a bigger university. Life is way better with the GI Bill and going to school, focus on your studies and get a side job and you can graduate debt free while banging the occasional college whore. I have a two story townhouse and stack all my classes two days a week, the rest I work at a brewery, lift weights, or shoot guns. It's way better than making terrible money fixing guns that some stupid fudd fucked up.
>>
OP is so fresh off the boat, he probably still has barnacles on his ass
>>
>>32518706
Motherfucker you can't have a dishonorable and a medical it's one or the other, and I call bullshit on that dishonorable too, only motherfuckers who get dishonorables usually serve time in shitty Leavenworth or lejune.

You fucking poser
>>
>>32519143
Muh brutha.
I've been out of the Corps all of 2 weeks.
I a0lready got a 2 bedroom house, im just gonna use the extra bedroom to reload and cuddle with my harem of raifus.
I got a schedual set up where I go to school 3 days a week, work 2, and bail out inna woods for the 7th.

College whores are so easy, their weakness is that they think they know everything there is to know about anything. You just gotta nod and pretend to be enraptured by the incredible depth and complexity of the useless ignorant bullshit she spews, and occaisonally impress her with such incredible life skills as posessessing financial responsibility or knowing how to show up for shit on time.
>>
>>32519318
>I got a schedual set up where I go to school 3 days a week, work 2, and bail out inna woods for the 7th.

>schedule

also 3+2+1? there aren't six days in a week you dumbfuck muhreen.
>>
>>32519435
Its not my fault i lost braincells! The crayons said non-toxic on em!
>>
>>32519141
Not OP but, Medical retired, still says honorable on the dd214.

I will say that once youre out for a year or two, no ones gonna give a shit you were in the military, or how you got out, or what you did.

I was sort of same situation as OP, got pushed off a building during a field training while in AIT, and fucked up my back. Took 2 years for the army to acknowledge my back was fucked and give me surgery, then when I recovered, I re injured my back during pt. I then went through the medical discharge process for another 2 years, and ETS 6 months short of my 5 year contract.

I feel like shit that I didnt get to deploy and was stuck stateside at my AIT for more than 4 years. But I also did my best to be useful, which led to me taking over my S2 shop as the NCOIC, even though i was only an e4. Did 3 years as that, and 1 year as the company supply NCO when they lost theirs and new one wasnt coming in. It might sound weird that i was given that much responsibility, but I was the only competent soldier in a company where every NCO was under investigation for stupid shit. Had to teach myself how to be a 35F, and then taught myself how to be a 92y. If you guys saw my ERB, it shows, Trainee, S2 NCOIC, then Company supply NCO. When other vets see it, they always assume its fake, and I always have a weird shame when explaining my military career.

Do I feel I earned the gi bill and benefits? Yes. I dealt with so much bullshit for almost 5 years, and the only thing that kept me sane was the fact that I was contributing and making the best of my situation.

Anyways.../rant
>>
>>32518606
https://sdi.edu/

Bakersfield College -- industrial automation
>>
>>32519318
>can't count to 7
Sounds like a Marine

>possessing fiscal responsibility
Nope. Clearly stolen valor.
>>
>>32518727

Marine OTH here LOL
>>
>>32518675
You are even less than a POG, as you aren't, nor were you in the fleet. Don't ever tell people you are/were a Marine, faggot.
>>
>>32520284
"Fiscal responsibility" is what I call "cant count money well enough to spend it"
>>
>>32519789
Eh better than most pogs
>>
>>32519015
A good gunsmithing course teaches machining
And besides the point, 99% of gunsmiths can do their job without ever touching a lathe or mill
>>
File: 1479200449215m.jpg (137KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479200449215m.jpg
137KB, 1024x576px
>>32518606
Have you never watched a hickok45 video? I think he is supported by a school called sdi, google it or some shit
>>
>>32522736
SDI came up in a search or two for me anyone work with them?
>>
>making a job out of your hobby

fastest way to hate something.
>>
>>32525204
This so much. You will have some dumbass redneck bring you a mint condition ww1 enfield or an M1 garand that he inherited from his granpappy insisting that he wants you to "sporterize" it.

You can refuse, and hes gonna go online and write a bunch of negative reviews greatly exaggerating how rude you were and how terrible your shop is.

Or you will pour your heart and soul into beautifully restoring an antique damascus barrel shotgun giving every ounce of your creative energy to make it shine like new while preserving its historic value, and a week later he will bring it in with a bulged barrel and cracked foregrip from him trying to fire 3 1/2 inch .000 buck magnum loads out of it. He will be ranting about how its YOUR fault and that somehow your "shoddy" craftmanship is to blame, he will loudly with increasing shrillness shout over you when you try to explain that its his fault for trying to fire modern magnum loads out of a 120 year old antique that was built for black powder shells.

He will go online and post greatly exaggerated negative reviews about your poor work and rudeness also blaming you for his inability to find parking nearby.

(True stories from my gunsmithing buddy btw)

My favorite was when somebody tried to get him to illegally saw off a shotgun and you guessed it, shit all over his website and social media with exaggerated negative comments.

Everyone thinks gunsmithing equates to building custom match grade guns from scratch for professional shooters or carefully engraving and inlaying an artisan stock.

The reality is that most of your jobs are fixing dumbass rednecks trashy guns they managed to break in incredibly perplexing manners.

Or richfags who seem to think you are a gun cleaning service, or who get indignant that you dont posess spare parts ON HAND AND READILY AVAILABLE for thier expensive and obscure piece.

Point is, my buddy LOATHES the gun community now that hes a gunsmith.
>>
>>32518706
>USPS 1989-1999
fucking kek
>>
>>32527087
Tactical mail delivery.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.