[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Range Etiquette

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: shooting grill.jpg (799KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
shooting grill.jpg
799KB, 1050x1050px
I recently bought my first firearm and want to go to the range near my house.

What are some common things people do that annoy you when you're at the range? What are some things to avoid doing, that new people are notorious for?
>>
dont shoot ppl
>>
1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
>>
>>32516426
The most important rule is giving a source of /ak/ pics Op. But don't talk about this on shooting range.
>>
>>32516426
When you're in Wisconsin, and you see an Asian man shooting a finnish mosin, you're supposed to approach him and offer to let him fuck all your female relatives.
>>
>>32516426
Don't touch your gun/ammo when the range is cold/ppl are down range. This is the main reason I dislike public ranges without ROs. while ROs are their own breed of stupid, at least they can prevent a majority of range accidents by enforcing this one simple rule.
>>
>>32516886
>and offer to let him fuck all your female relatives
You really don't want to. See you in Stoughton, though, bb~
>>
shooting other peoples' targets is an invitation for sex
>>
Which range on the globe has the highest chance of you meeting a qt?
>>
I haven't had any problems at public ranges, but you really need to ignore the faggots talking shit about trigger discipline. Nobody cares how sure you are your gun is empty; you still better not point it at them, or sweep your muzzle across another lane.

Otherwise, you show up, wait for the range to go cold (or call a cease fire after a polite while), hang your targets, and start shooting. When the range goes cold, clear your gun, open the bolt, and don't touch it when people are down range.

TLDR don't be stupid. If you even thought to ask about range etiquette, you'll probably be alright.
>>
>>32519961
I don't think it's unreasonable to load mags while other people are downrange, as long as you're clearly standing away from the gun and aren't touching it.
>>
>>32516426
The only time that someone ever really annoyed me was one time when I was at the range with a co-worker. We were the first to the line and had just set up when another dude came up to the line. We let him walk down and set up targets while we started chatting. When he got back to the line, he immediately loaded his gun and started shooting w/o asking us if it was OK to do so. Both me and my co-worker didn't have earpro on and our ears were ringing. While I was doing an Archer impersonation, my co-worker exploded on the dude, who took exception to the criticism, and 5 minute argument broke out between them. Then the guy had the nerve to insist on seeing our member IDs, and threated to complain to the management. We followed the range rules and produced them, but informed him we would be doing the same. Since I still couldn't hear well afterwards (as I was right next to the guy) we both quickly decided to pack up and leave.
> this range has no full-time RO, the first to the line is the acting RO for the duration of their stay.

My co-worker did have talk with the range owner afterwards, and a little later I got a letter of apology from him stating that the other guy's actions and attitude were w/o warrant, against range rules, and his membership was permanently revoked. We both were given a year membership free in apology.

When I'm at the range, I always communication with any other shooters to ensure everyone is aware I'm about to shoot and can prepare accordingly. I always make sure no one needs to set up targets before I go hot.

I also have tiny earplugs that suit me well, but aren't easily visible. A few times someone has actually stopped and asked me if I'm really OK w/o ear pro when they go to shoot. I usually make it a point to express thanks for their courtesy, and show them that I do indeed have ear pro.
>>
1) don't muzzle sweep
2) know that you need to wait until the line is cold to set up your targets but do so in a hurry so people can get back to shooting
3) don't touch your gun while the range is cold
4) if you're going to pick up all the brass, ask the person that shot the brass if they're going to keep it or not first.
>>
>>32520203
>implying an Asian wouldn't try to save money by driving to Yellowstone Lake state park
I might meet you at the shady looking indoor range in Oregon though if I'm too lazy to make the drive.

>be me
>dress up in old finnish uniform
>wear white death esque poncho over it
>shoot m39
>No one's there because it's the middle of winter and it's cold as shit
>and on a weekday
>reminded of how depressing unemployment is
>at least no one sees how autistic I look
>the face mask helps too
>shoot some more
>go home and masturbate to Japanese cartoon girls
>go out for a jog and then do push-ups and situps
>cook an elaborate dinner because I'm bored as fuck
>drink beer and eat cheese
>countdown the days until MEPS and I can finally be released from groundhog day
>>
Whenever you meet someone make sure to point your gun directly at them while talking to them.

Also, never take your finger off of the trigger even if you're unsure if you're going to shoot. The further your finger is from the trigger the more time a nog has to kill you.
>>
>>32519961
Since I tend to bench shoot a lot and my rifles are on bipods, I'll actually turn them to the side slightly so that they're pointing into the side burm and not directly down at the target stands or people. You'd be surprised at the number of people that have actually copied me, leaving the center walkway of the range free. When you turn around to walk back, you see the sides of rifles instead of the muzzles.

>>32520287
> this
If anyone asks to go down range, I usually tell people, "I'm going to load extra mags, but I won't do anything else until you're back." No one has ever had a problem, probably because above and the people at my range are somewhat laid back.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.