[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ The running joke for 2017 between my friends and me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 53fb5ffc903f1.jpg (79KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
53fb5ffc903f1.jpg
79KB, 600x450px
Hello /k/

The running joke for 2017 between my friends and me is I will finally get my gun rights back. I am currently in motion to push for a pardon. I am looking for some advice.

15 years ago I stole a password on AOL. It was dumb and retarded. At the time it was lulzy and what seemed fun, landed me into a federal case. I spent a little time in a detention where I was released on supervise probation. Nothing about what I did was drug related, violent or hostile. Since my last visit and release with my officer I have completed highschool, got my comunity college credits, held down two jobs, both 5+ years. got my license and even donate my time when I have it. I am not like some perfect role model , Just looking for advice or info on any cases or anything someone may have on mine. Happy new year
>>
>>32511651
have you gotten your voting rights back yet? No? start there. one step at a time. Also, go google "how to restore your gun rights" you get pages like this http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Restoration.shtm
>>
>>32511726
yes I have, I have been able to vote for years now.
>>
>>32511651
You stole a password and got your gun rights taken from you? What exactly did you do?
>>
>>32512015

This, the story sounds ridiculous. Are you a l33t hacker using the interwebz or did you just find their password? What did you do with it?

We won't judge, either way I think you should have your rights.
>>
>>32511651
so are you a felon?
give us more information about what's preventing you right now.
have you tried just lulzy going into a gunshop and seeing if you'll pass a background check?
>>
>>32512074
>>32512059
>>32512015
I think I posted wrong, It isn't about a mistake I made stealing a password, but yes It did land me a felony.

Mostly I am wondering if anyone here has had a friend who has restored rights? I have had a friend store his rights with a state felony, but yet to know anyone who has with my case as a federal one.
>>
>>32512086
cases are all unique to a certain degree.
idk how to help you unless you make it really obvious what you did (which will probably give your identity away)

what exactly were you charged with?

it's also very dependent on which state you reside in/committed the crime.

if all else fails you can still own black powder guns while being a felon (i think?)
>>
>>32512111
>if all else fails you can still own black powder guns while being a felon
Depends on state. On the federal level BP guns are not considered to be firearms.
>>
>>32512111
The crime was for ' access a protected computer ' not fraud, It was committed in california, I was sentenced in virginia, where I was booked into and later released to the federal whatever terminology in california . I was told its rare to be allowed to transfer to another state after I was under the VA federal control, but since I did live in california my whole life they allowed it.
>>
>>32512137
I am not a degenerate, I made a mistake. I've added I've not even had a parking ticket since in 12 years. Also I hear only federal felonies may be pardoned by the president, not senator .
>>
>>32512137
>california
Not sure how it works with Federal felonies but based on this I'd say you're probably fucked.
>>
>>32512137
honestly I would figure out how much guns are worth to you and get a lawyer to figure it all out. 4ch (at least me) can't really give good advice for you when you're asking a pretty esoteric question combined with unique (VA or CA?) circumstances
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.