[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First pistol advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Glock_27_GEN4.jpg (56KB, 886x618px) Image search: [Google]
Glock_27_GEN4.jpg
56KB, 886x618px
Yo /k/ Im in the market to buy my first pistol and I am considering getting a glock 27. I want it for cc and just general shooting. Do you guys have any advice for a better pistol either for quality or price or see any reason why I should nt get it?
>>
File: 9dc1.jpg (28KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
9dc1.jpg
28KB, 540x540px
Stop talking nigger ebonics, and maybe we will assist you.
>>
Greetings /k/,
I am in the market to buy my first pistol and I am considering getting a glock 27. I want it for concealed carry and just general shooting. Do you gentlemen have any advice for a better pistol either for quality or price? If so do you see any reason why I should not buy one?
>>
>>32510367
well id get the 9mm version but that one is ok too. also get a 50 round drum mag
>>
You're starting off with too large a pistol for novice carry IMO. Get a single stack 9, or even a 380. That way you'll actually carry it. Too many people start too large, have to base their wardrobe around their gun, and end up saying fuck it most days.

Plus, is there a reason you want 40 caliber? Its an in between round & doesn't really offer anything extra from a 9, and its not a 45.
>>
>>32510332
Glock 26
>>
>>32510332
I'd go 9mm instead of the .40 - but that's just me.
>>
I tried out a few subcompact Glocks at the range and was not too impressed with the 9mm. My biggest reason was that I found the subcompact 9mm to be unreliable when I rented it as it frequently misfired. I also just felt that the 9mm was too small in my hand and to me seemed more like a toy than an actual gun. The biggest reason why I am interested in the .40 was because I found it reliable and I like the weight of it in my hand.
>>
>>32510473
the Glock 26 (9mm) and the Glock 27 are the exact same size with basically just a different barrel.
>>
>>32510510

That's true. Is there a reason why to choose the 9mm variant over the .40? or even .45?
>>
>>32510554
Higher capacity
Less recoil (important when you're only working with a 3" sight picture anyways)
Personal preference
>>
>>32510554
If you shot a .40 and liked it then get it. If you get a Glock in .45acp (Glock 30) its a larger frame.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.