[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: boot.jpg (149KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
boot.jpg
149KB, 1500x1500px
Anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good?
>>
>Rothco
>good
Pick one. Probably have a better chance to find a pair of altama brand jungle boots for cheap.
>>
They're shit.

You can find factory second USGI boots for like $25 at Ollies or similar stores or used boots at Army-Navy stores for varying prices if you want cheap that's the way to go.
>>
File: 1483242413411.png (137KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1483242413411.png
137KB, 500x364px
>>
File: AR pistol Trijicon edition.jpg (575KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
AR pistol Trijicon edition.jpg
575KB, 1382x778px
>>32505388
I take offense to that orange tipped SBR with the gas block beyond the handguard.
>>
>>32505397
what charging handle?
>>
File: 1392445074833.png (118KB, 456x346px) Image search: [Google]
1392445074833.png
118KB, 456x346px
>Rothco
You don't want them.
>>
>>32505325
for 40$ you're not going to find a "better" pair of steel toes.
>altama
the geniuses who put a zipper on a boot? their 150$ jungle boots are near identical to rothcos and not worth the price jump
>>32505370
>buying used boots
he said good, not cheap. how goddamn poor do you have to be to wear someone elses shoes?

>>32505292
OP i own these boots. they're not super comfy, but get the job done. they size large (if you wear size 11, buy size 10). for the 40-60$ price mark they are a decent purchase, but you can get much better if you're willing to spend more. "jungle" boots are basically a meme, your feet probably wont need wet-holes. for blue-collar on your feet I would probably recommend something more comfy
>>
>>32505292
If you're paying <$100 for boots they're probably trash boots, generally speaking. The exceptions are notable and generally memes around here, such as Merrells.

That's kind of the long-and-short of it.

Cheap boots will cover your feet and they'll maybe perform better than shoes of the same price if you're lucky.

Save some money up and throw down on something more expensive that will last you years. It's the general poorfags curse: buy cheap thing, replace as it breaks/pay more to mitigate the corners cut, until you're in the hope deeper than if you'd gone with the more expensive, higher-quality option.

It's important to take care of your feet. And you'd be shocked at the difference in quality-of-life between good boots and "decent" boots.
>>
>>32505579
I've used the altama olive drab jungle boots while in the army, and it's a night and day difference to rothcos.
>>
>>32505292
i have another pair of rothco boots. They will work, but wear out after a year.
>>
>>32505579
>for 40$ you're not going to find a "better" pair of steel toes.

You've obviously never been to a good milsurp store worth their weight, or even Ebay for that matter.
>>
Rothco boots are shit.
Either you'll wear through the sole in a year, or the sole will come unglued at the toe.

Find some surplus jungle boots if you're too cheap to go for Altama.
>>
>>32505292
The sole will fall off the first time you go inna woods.

Absolute junk.
>>
>>32505292
Rothco is shit across the board.
>>
>>32506372
Thanks friend, I'll probably buy those
>>
>wearing steel toes for innawoods shit

Shiggy diggy
>>
>>32505441
badger tactical latch or something. i have one on mine as well.
>>
I wear the sage green McRae jungle boots, have had them over a year now after switching from Corcoran Marauders. They are about equally good for standing/walking, with slight edge in comfort to Corcoran. The marauders are also better for marching, but that is with their specific sole being designed for drill usage.

The McRae are better for pretty much anything else. Way more traction on rocks/mud/wet ground. Don't get as hot, even with thick socks. Not rated as waterproof, but have never had my feet get wet, despite the drains on the side, even during pouring rain in transit and at the range for classes and 3 gun.

You are looking at 1940sish technology though. There are definitely better boots in the same price range. The aesthetics give me a boner, and they're solid boots, but I'll probably try something else when they die. I just replaced the insoles because I wore a hole through under the ball of my foot. The soles are very worn there as well, so I'm not sure how much life they have left.
>>
>>32505292
>Rothco
Will fall apart in a few months with barely any use at all.

Git yourself some altama boots instead
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.