[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any actual reason for revolvers to still exist when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1449273460950.jpg (481KB, 2772x1842px) Image search: [Google]
1449273460950.jpg
481KB, 2772x1842px
Is there any actual reason for revolvers to still exist when autoloading handguns are better in virtually every sense? I don't see matchlocks or flintlocks being sold anywhere, why are revolvers still a thing
>>
>>32504848
> I don't see matchlocks or flintlocks being sold anywhere

Because you dumb son. They are still sold and bought, for the same reasons revolvers are.
>>
>>32504848
Yes, revolvers can hold long cased rounds, and they also have superior single action triggers.
>>
They make good backup guns, good hiking guns, and a lot of girls like them because they don't spit hot brass down their tits. I personally don't like them because of capacity and how fucking hot they get after a good range session, plus slower reloads.
>>
File: prof38super.jpg (428KB, 1980x1321px) Image search: [Google]
prof38super.jpg
428KB, 1980x1321px
>>32504879
>superior single action triggers
I'd like to have a word with you, son.
>>
>>32504890
But they do look kickass.
>>
>>32504848
every couple days there is this thread

you should really considering buying a glock 22 gen1 and shoot it
>>
File: sw36.jpg (87KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
sw36.jpg
87KB, 800x532px
>>32504908
Cannot compare
>>
>>32504848
Where can I buy that M249 backpack?
>>
>Autoloader that shoots 45 LC +P

The best gun I own is a Ruger Redhawk .45 ACP / .45 Colt revolver. It's overbuilt as fuck. Can shoot any 45 load (except the absurd Casull/.460 mag loads).
>>
>>32504848
The only reason why revolvers still exist is capitalism.
>>
>>32504848
Can't jam.
>>
>>32504848
they dont jam
>>
File: A_Glass_of_Warm_Milk.png (434KB, 720x879px) Image search: [Google]
A_Glass_of_Warm_Milk.png
434KB, 720x879px
>>32504848
to piss you off OP
>>
If people still want them people are gonna make them
>>
>>32504848
>I don't see matchlocks or flintlocks being sold anywhere, why are revolvers still a thing

because wheellock master race bitch.
>>
>>32504848
http://www.veteranarms.com/ReproductionMuzzleloadersandFlintlocks/Matchlock.html

Different weapons appeal to different people for different reasons. Some want strictly for home defense or personal defense. Some also like collecting and other just like to go out to the range or to hunt with them. It is like saying why do they still sell bows and arrows because they have guns now. It's called different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>32504957
I'm always a sucker for the S&W wood grip
>>
They make decent backup guns and if you pocket carry (which I strongly don't recommend) hammerless revolvers can cycle in a pocket and can't be pushed out of battery when pushed against someone.

Also they can be useful for hunting because they can fire comically overpowered rounds (S&W .500, etc). Also from a mechanical perspective they're more accurate than most automatic handguns due to the fixed barrel.
>>
>>32504848
Handguns are not purchased for their effectiveness. The vast majority will never be used.
>>
>committing crimes
>leaving casing on the sence
Wew lad, it's like you want to go to prison.
>>
for the police / military forces , the only real reason is that there's no slide that moves with a revolver, so you can shoot it along an edge (say, a shield) without problems.

it's why the GIGN uses revolvers at least.
>>
"The Colt Single Action Army, the greatest hand gun ever made. Six shots. More than enough to kill anything that moves"!
>>
They can fire much, MUCH bigger ammo

The day they come out with a 500 magnum semi-auto is the day I'll buy one
>>
>>32505684
But it has a revolving cylinder that shouldn't be placed against an edge.
>>
>>32504879
>>32506784
What is the Magnum Research Desert Eagle?
>>
File: anger9.jpg (20KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
anger9.jpg
20KB, 500x332px
>>32506810
He said .500 magnum not .50 AE you stupid fucking troglodyte.

kys
>>
I don't think there are any semi-auto guns in 454 Casull
>>
I like them cause they're fun
>>
>>32504848
Because my farm, and predators therein.

With a revolver I carry snake shot, cheap .38 practice ammo, and hot Buffalo Bore .357s all in one handgun.
Also worked a whole lot better with cast / BP reloads than my 1911.

In a word, Options.
>>
limp-wristing doesn't matter
>>
>>32511513
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdiBDUlW8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4OE78spknk
>>
>>32504848
they're just made and sold to annoy you
we're sorry that you don't like it, it's just a joke bro chill
[spoiler]just because it's not as good as something else doesn't mean it's not practical enough to use[/spoiler]
>>
>>32511528
jesus christ
>>
>>32504848
While we're at it OP, whats the deal with bolt-action rifles when semiautos are better in every sense?
or lever guns?
or pump action shotguns?
or double barreled shotguns?
or single shot handguns?

Not everyone is a high-speed-low-drag operator like you OP...
>>
File: wilson-anthony.jpg (177KB, 700x624px) Image search: [Google]
wilson-anthony.jpg
177KB, 700x624px
>>32505650
>Also from a mechanical perspective they're more accurate than most automatic handguns due to the fixed barrel.
this. I can a tighter grouping at 60 yards than a glawk memer can at at 40. pistols are a technological advancement in almost every sense, but I feel like an Eastwood-esque sharpshooter when I switch guns and can reach out notably farther
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.