[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock the new 1911 when it comes to high end custom guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Agency 16_zpsjcv7t3wl.jpg (143KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Agency 16_zpsjcv7t3wl.jpg
143KB, 800x500px
So does the mods really help? I mean I don't mind having forward serrations but I rarely use them, I mean I haven't used them once. The stippling looks nice however people said they can reproduce the same results or better with skateboard tape. RMR cuts are nice but how do they hold up in high round count? What do you guys think about the upgraded trigger? What I am trying to say is, are these mods worth the $3000 on top of the price of the gun?
>>
It's like any other serious competitive hobby. You'll spend huge for the slightest edge.
>>
>>32500903
Nope, just like the high end 1911s, it's all for show and dick waving. Every now and again you'll see someone like Chris Costa actually puttin something like a Salient Arms through the ringer, but that's the exception and really not necessary.
>>
>>32500903

Stippling is retarded like you said, and you can get RMR ready slides from the factory now. As for the trigger I like the stock Glock trigger, but if you want to replace it get an Apex, no idea what this has.
>>
File: vogeldemo.jpg (74KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
vogeldemo.jpg
74KB, 600x400px
>>32500920
You mean his Salient Arms Glock 17® Airsoft pistol during his air soft pistol class in Japan.
>>
>>32500939
>you can get RMR ready slides from the factory now

How?
>>
>>32500943
Uh, no. They are still meme guns though.

http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/right-to-carry/never-let-chris-costa-borrow-any-of-your-guns/
>>
>What I am trying to say is, are these mods worth the $3000 on top of the price of the gun?

For an average shooter? Absolutely not. You would see much more substantial gains by spending the money on practice time and ammunition. For a competition shooter? Maybe, although there have been competition shooters who have won divisions at big matches with guns that are fairly close to stock.

What about from a value standpoint? Can you reasonably expect to recover much of the money put into improving a Glock?

The answer is, of course, no. The public perception of a Glock is as a tool and nothing more--the Glock is durable and reliable, but also unaesthetic, soulless, and replaceable. No one is going to consider forking over more than 20% over MSRP on a Glock no matter how much money has been put into it.

Contrast this with a 1911. Spending oceans of money on a 1911 like some people do is stupid, but nowhere near as stupid as spending oceans of money on something like a Glock. The reason is that the public perception of a 1911 from a reputable custom shop or high tier manufacturer is as an heirloom quality piece, and they tend to do pretty well on the secondary market. I am far more likely to recover ~75% of the $1000 spent on something like a Gold Cup or $2000 on a Les Baer than I am on a $3000 Glock.
>>
>>32500903
>So does the mods really help?

To the experienced shooter, yes but it is very incremental. You will not see any performance gains if you're a new shooter with a $2,000 gucci glock as opposed to spending that money on ammo, class and shot timer.

You cannot buy skill. People put way too much emphasis on gear instead of actually training because hard work does not instantly gratify you as dropping $300 for that super duper hihg speed ZEV trigger. This goes for anything in life.

software>hardware
>>
>>32500965
MOS faggot
>>
>>32500984
Salient doesn't make competition glocks though
they make retarded conspicuous consumption mods
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.