[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the C7 do different?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: penis.png (60KB, 754x248px) Image search: [Google]
penis.png
60KB, 754x248px
So what exactly is different about this gun in terms of cold weather capability?

I don't mean every little difference like the scope or sights or anything, but what specifically makes this gun "better" for the cold than an M16 / M4 variant?
>>
>>32499569
the trigger guard is detachable for the ease of use with thicc gloves
>>
>>32499675
That's it? So all the talk about the mystical cold weather C7 is just a buncha bogus?
>>
It's generally just refinement of the internals. Making things work with less lube (since it might fuck up in cold weather), making it more reliable in the heating/cooling cycles. All that kinda shit.

Aside from that, it'd just be ergonomics.
>>
>>32499569
I know the Canadians through an Accu-Wedge in the lower
>>
>>32499722
Is that the rubber thing at the back of the lower action area that makes it fucking impossible to push out/in the rear take down pin that most soldiers I know pull out at the start of ex and put back in at the end if they don't straight up throw it away?
>>
Not a whole lot, there's a shitload of memery flying around though.
>>
>>32499762
come back and turn that into two sentences.
>>
One day I'll read the C7 manual through and through.
Actually, I'll read the C9 one first, because the last course I was on, the staff was fighting with standards on what the correct drills were for it. Staff saidalways cock before opening, standards said there was one time you didn't cock before open, but I forget what because that s stupid
>>
>>32499782
Not him but brand new C7A2's have this rubber thing that sits under the rear retaining-pin that connects the upper and lower receivers. It makes opening the weapon up for cleaning and putting the bolt in fucking impossible, most people just throw it away because fuck that shit.
>>
>>32499714
Do you habben to have source?
>>
>>32499675
this

and also I was told in basic that the C7 was built to a much higher standard and precision or something than the m16 family

also apparently according to my sargeant, canadians were the ones who came up with the solution and development of the brass deflector for wrong-handed operators
>>
>>32499569

Adjustable stock is better stock.

https://youtu.be/LqnwDDpo1e8
>>
It's an M16 with a hammer forged barrel and the heaviest scope they could buy.
>>
>>32500023

But what's the rubber thingy FOR? Surely it has some purpose.
>>
>>32501747
Provides tension between the upper and lower receivers to reduce rattle.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.