[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Massachusetts ???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: 66GtqXy.png (528KB, 1330x770px) Image search: [Google]
66GtqXy.png
528KB, 1330x770px
Questions for Massachusetts gun owners.

1. Are 1911 legal?
2. If not semi-automatic pistols legal?
3. What are you Massachusetts folks doing about your State's Attorney General?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about moving to the State and am confused about what's legal and what's not.
>>
Of all the pistols, if a 1911 is legal then all of them are legal.
>>
>>32496937
Is it because of trigger pull?
>>
>>32496952

It's because of very low capacity for an automatic and it's antiquated.
>>
>>32496925
ignoring her, mostly.
MA politics goes a lot like this:
>muh feel good libruls and centrist, utterly opportunistic republicans get elected
>Rhetoric and vitriol is spewed ad nauseam and usually not acted on
>On the rare occasion it is acted upon, the state courts tie it up in a mountain of red tape that would make Everest jealous.
>this understandably translates into a court battle so drawn out it usually survives the spitfire that proposed it
>Lawyers with an agenda abound
>judges who eventually, and inevitably are consumed by apathy
>two parties going off on each other in the courts until one decides it has something "better" to do
>case finally gets settled and whatever party that can make a profit off the result usually wins
>rinse, wash and repeat
not too different from other states i suspect, bt with the 2a friendly lawyers and springfield arms' moneypile, she won't get much more than lip service done
>>
File: kimber a shit.png (2MB, 1306x735px) Image search: [Google]
kimber a shit.png
2MB, 1306x735px
>>32496968
first shitpost thanks for getting that out of the way
>>
>>32497012
>Springfield arms
my b. meant smith and wesson
>>
>>32497036
>>32497012
Thanks for the reply, but if I come to the state what guns can come with me? The "copycat" gun ban is vague as fuck.
>>
>>32497076
specifics basically require a law degree to explain concisely, but here is a good article w/resources.
http://firearmprofessionals.com/what-is-massachusetts-compliant/
also, get a class A license. you get this from your local police department so it helps to have a clean background and not to piss off the local cops
>>
>>32497103
>>32497076
this it called the LTC, btw.
>>
File: 1482623823875.png (205KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482623823875.png
205KB, 1024x1024px
>>32496925
>pic about massachusetts
>no Patriots

Ya fucked up
>>
>>32497130
he's a newfag to the state dingus. otherwise there'd be a Broons image in OP
>>
>>32497130
Bitch to the poster in the last state meme thread.
Thanks, for the replies everyone.
>>
all 1911's are legal, what a dealer can sell is limited to a few brands(not all models - each one has to get approved) - Sig, S&W, Remington, Ruger, Auto Ordinance, RIA to name a few. you can move here with any 1911 you want, keep in mind you'll need to register any gun you bring.
>>
>>32497687
Registration isn't a problem. All of my guns are legal in New York. I thought the only worst state in the union that is worse was California. At least they spell their bullshit out.
>>
>>32497973
Too many worsts, my head is killing me from reading Massachusetts laws and statutes.
>>
File: 1478049935847.jpg (4MB, 4032x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1478049935847.jpg
4MB, 4032x5008px
>>32496925
Why would anyone ever consider moving TO Massachusetts?

(also don't get your hopes up not even all the guns in the pic are legal because muh mag restrictions)
>>
File: 1479391340022.png (416KB, 2000x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1479391340022.png
416KB, 2000x1366px
just go to new Hampshire or Vermont instead, fuck this shithole.

youll be waiting 6 months before you even get the LTC you applied for to get a 1911 as well.
>>
>>32496925
Yes, most brands
Semi automatic pistols are some of the best self defense options since the only semi auto rifles we get are .22, 9mm or $10,000 and we have some decent brands, 10 rnd mag limit universal though
Can't do a thing

You need to take a firearms training coarse and live in a Green Town, then apply for your LTC and wait over 30 days before you can even buy a gun, and you have 60 days to do the above if moving there whilst owning one. Certain brands are banned for "safety reasons" such as Uberti, Hi-Point and Kel-Tech, so you can't buy any of those products here at all.
There's other dumb shit like the Ruger LCP being banned but the LC9s being fine, just shit that doesn't make sense
>>
File: Kek_StevO.jpg (30KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
Kek_StevO.jpg
30KB, 453x453px
>>32498776

>everything about this picture
>>
>>32496925
Yes
Yes
nothing, nobody here will do anything about it, better to just move to VT, NH, or ME, theyre all better than this shithole
>>
File: 1480468797766.jpg (31KB, 509x625px) Image search: [Google]
1480468797766.jpg
31KB, 509x625px
>>32498776
>vacation and lobstahs

fuck you masshole there's a reason we separated from you retards in the 1800's

if one more of you cunts comes up into my state and says "OH THIS TOWN IS SO QUAINT" I'm going to go fucking postal
>>
I work with a guy from Brockton. He must be insufferable to hunt with, he told me after an hour of seeing nothing he just wants to shoot at trees like a chucklefuck with his M70, and he still says "you guys" instead of y'all.
>>
File: 1455429252379.gif (108KB, 574x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455429252379.gif
108KB, 574x500px
>>32500524
I hate getting all this hate from the rest of New England, I'm from western MA, fuck its not my fault, can we separate from the east already?
>>
File: 1348356586767.jpg (58KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1348356586767.jpg
58KB, 540x405px
>>32500673
who the fuck says y'all except for faggot ass wannabe rednecks?
>>
>>32500682
Who the fuck says you guys when y'all is one syllable shorter.
>>
>>32500783
myself and everyone else from the north except for said wannabe rednecks
>>
>>32500822
"Wannabe rednecks" maybe up where you're at, but if I meet someone who doesn't say y'all, I know they're not from Texas. The Rednecks are easy to spot by their affinity for .40 and DPMS Sporticals.
>>
>>32500836
>I know they're not from Texas
>already said the dude's from MA
not seeing the problem
>>
>>32499236
Most of the nonsense comes from chicken shit knee jerk reactionaries regulating something they know nothing about. Thanks for the info. All that I could find is on ARs. We're looking to move to the Lower Cape. It's actually pretty conservative from what I've seen. Until you get up to Wellfleet.
>>
>>32501688
The Cape is fucking nice, used to go there on vaccation, rented a log house by a lake in the woods, comfy as fuck. Caught a huge ass big mouth bass by hanging my bait under the dock, kek, fucker was enjoying the shade

Also no worries. And yeah, they even use the whole, "People buying ARs after a shooting" thing as reason to ban them, instead of noting how people don't want their rights infringed.
Shit laws aside, the scenery and nature here is beautiful, too beautiful for me to leave.
So if you can get an LTC within 60 days of moving and don't have any mags over 10 rnds you're clear. As far as I know ARs are only banned for sale, if you bought one prior to the bullshit law, or even bring one in, you're fine, but don't quote me on the latter.

Best of luck.
>>
>>32496925
Of all the shitty states I could live in, MA is the absolute last on my list just edging out commiefornia. Even they have some extremely slight redeeming qualities.
>>
>>32496925
yes 1911's are legal in MA if they have a chamber indicator and have a 4/4+ pound trigger pull

I just bought a 1911 from sig a two weeks ago
>>
Can you buy rifles again in MA?

I already live in MA and own guns and shit, but since that AG thing about banning semi auto rifles I remember going to some lgs and the guy was like, we can't sell rifles, don't know when we can sell again (not verbatim; but something to that effect)

To be fair; I haven't really tried to buy any more guns in the last few months, all I really ever grab when I stop by lgs is ammo or other little slings and accessories and stuff. But is the can't sell rifles thing still going on? It's not affecting pistols too is it? (I don't remember EXPLICITLY, but I think I have seen other folks buying pistols since then; most my trips to LGS are pretty in and out for ammo.
>>
>>32496925

Hey, army vet from MA here.

Oh boy do I have some shit to tell you about guns and massachusetts. Let's see here, oh yeah-- don't fucking do it. You'd have a better time paying for krav maga classes and crafting hand axes to throw at people than spending the ridiculous outrageous amount of fees that will come with owning a gun in Massachusetts (legally)

Just remember if you shoot an unarmed man breaking into your home who comes at you, then you're probably doing a prison sentence for negligent homocide and you need mental health evalution.

I couldn't even purchase a Glock 19 while I was stationed in Texas because Massachusetts failed to keep track of my active duty service and had a bench warrant on me for not attending jury duty. Instant NICS denial right there. Also that gay ass half year wait period is a real thing, if you haven't started the process you might as well just start those krav maga lessons.

Although having a gun may come in handy it's just not going to be defendable in court to use it unless the other person is armed to some capacity. I have some personal experiences as examples.

Three chucklefucks in my old neighborhood dressed up as UHAUL guys and grabbed a van. They cleared out the guys house across the street in broad daylight and made it look like they were renovating. Sometimes months after, some more chucklefucks smash out my stepdads car window to take the radio out and also had the courtesy to strip the powerlines near his workplace for copper scrap money. Then we have the mexican chucklefuck who steals gardening tools out of peoples shed, and the garbage can chucklefuck who steals garbage cans throughout the neighborhood. To top it all off, everyone drives like an asshole and a cocksucker. I would rather drive Iraq in a willies jeep than have to drive through Boston.
>>
>>32504576
I took a training coarse back in Nov, I was told basically castle doctrine wise you can shoot a fucker if you feel he's gonna hurt you,
outside of your house you can only shoot if you can't escape, so basically if they're on top of you
You should also carry pepper spray, since the court will see you having a non-lethal option as good, even if you shoot him.
Also two shots at a time til they stop being a threat etc.
>>
I just left that hellhole, don't move there. Go literally anywhere else.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.