[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Karambits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Are they a decent EDC? General thoughts, and/or resources on self defense using them?
>>
>EDCing a fucking Karambit

Are you so lacking in common sense that you can't figure out what's wrong with this?
>>
>>32496126
lol nobody's taking your bait.
>in all fields
>>
>>32496154
Guess so. Explain to me why I'm retarded.
>>
I always thought they were more of a meme weapon than practical. At least with other knives, you can double them as saws, openers, hammers, etc.

Also, you don't really cut or stab with them - they are solely used for slashing.

So, if you're going to EDC one - know and understand its limitations.
>>
>>32496186
Slashing is a fundamentally terrible way to use a knife. At least with a sword it has enough length and mass that you are forced to deal with the blade itself, but for a slashing knife all that needs to happen is to block the arm. Knives are useful because stabbing kills. This shit is terrible at stabbing. Slashing, unless you hit the jugular or something, won't stop anyone, it'll just piss them off.
>>
>>32498584
>not defanging the snake

Stabbing is only super lethal in eras prior to modern medicine. Knives are unique today because they can incapacitate through biomechanical damage, slashing tendons and severing muscle.
>>
>>32496126
I bought my 10 year old nephew one for Christmas. That's the only demographic that should own them.
>>
File: gunknifehat.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
gunknifehat.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
It's more convenient to use for work

I've drawn mine a small handful of times for SD and opening it with the wave was scary enough I didn't have any problems afterwards

But unless you understand it's just a slightly more convenient to open knife for quick work, just don't, unless you want to put in an autistic amount of time to learn a niche skill because you won't/can't carry a gun you're better off with an impact weapon like a baton
>>
Real life isn't CS:GO dude
>>
>>32498606
>tfw your entire knife choice is based around biomechanical cutting and has no utility otherwise

I at least want something that I can poke into a guy's aorta if shit's getting ugly.
>>
>>32496126

Karambits are that shape because a farm tool in the Philippines was that shape. It's like a sort of hand scythe for gathering grain. The Filipinos developed a martial art around the tools that the poorest peasants had. These were karambits and literal sticks.

The knife IS NOT that shape because it is more lethal or some stupid shit, it is that shape because it was used for harvesting fucking grain. The martial art was bent around substandard weapons. The karambit is LITERALLY a makeshift weapon. It is inferior to a standard knife, which is a shitty self defense tool anyway. Get a gun.
>>
>>32498584
This is the opposite of the truth
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.