[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are there so many accidental discharge cases with glocks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4530.jpg (112KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4530.jpg
112KB, 1023x682px
why are there so many accidental discharge cases with glocks? Is strike fired pistols just prone to human error? Is cocked and locked and DA/SA the better trigger?
>>
>>32494664
if i had to guess its the lack of manual safeties. a simple thumb safety would probably save a lot of heartache
>>
It's probably the most popular handgun brand in the usa, there will probably be more incidents. And dao no manual safety isn't the best for retards.
>>
>>32494664
because people pull the trigger when they're not supposed to because they're retarded.

>>32494685
no
>>
Accidental and negligent discharges come with the territory of gun ownership.

Just like car wrecks come with the territory of car ownership.

There's this thing called "Murphys law" that reigns here.

Proof Murphys law is real is right in front of you. If Murphys law wasn't real we wouldn't need laws.

Deal with it

Mistakes happen

Stupidity happens

Manufacturing defects happen

Neuron short circuits happen

Muscle spasms happen

There are literally billions of things that can cause accidents because there are billions things that can go wrong
>>
>>32494698
This, more Glocks means more dumbasses own them.
>>
>>32494708
>Accidental and negligent discharges come with the territory of gun ownership.
If you're a retard. You fucked up, it's your fault. Sell your guns if you discharge a firearm unintentionally.
>Just like car wrecks come with the territory of car ownership.
Generally car wrecks happen because you or someone else did something wrong.
>>
>>32494664
Morons don't keep their fingers off the trigger, and don't use holsters to keep everything else off the trigger.
>>
It's not really the fact that there are more glocks owners out there it's just that glock owners are idiots compared to something like a 1911 or Sig owner
>>
>>32494708
>accidents aren't the user's fault

Stupid people and guns don't mix.
>>
>>32494664
That's why the MA AG is suing Glock over this
>>
I know there are a lot of glock haters here on k but the glock is America's pistol. It has widespread use in law enforcement and military as well as being in the hands of so many civilians. Lots of stupid people out there with glocks and I'm not just talking about civilians.
>>
>>32494732
>some glock owners

It's cause glock and the shield are the first guns hucked at no-gunz by shady salespeople, without regard for whether they actually understand safety. It's not a problem with the guns themselves.
>>
>>32494698
This. Just like how there are lots of accidents with Honda Accords, there are so many of them
>>
>>32494705
/this
>>
>>32494716
/thread
>>
>>32494753
>glock is America's pistol.
kek no
Smith and Wesson or Colt
>>
if the trigger is the safety why even have a trigger guard??
>>
>>32494803
If this were true, .38 wouldn't cost 80% more than 9mm.
>>
>>32494664

because the safety lever is on the trigger.
>>
>>32494766
Shield comes in a thumb safety version.

And I never pushed Glock on anyone. The company has the spent millions on ads, product placement in movies and celebrity spokesmen that do that.
>>
>>32494819
I saw that and my heart dropped
>>
>>32494724

Let's blame people born with birth defects for their physical maladies!

And if you have PTSD you're a coward with no mental fortitude!

Midgets chose to be that way!

People need to control themselves, amirite?

I mean, its not like there's countless reasons why things we can't control have an effect on our minds and bodies.

God damn humans, pretending being flawed is acceptable.

Its like they think they aren't perfect. Its like they live in a world where things go wrong.
>>
>>32494664
Citation needed
>>
>>32494870
I don't see how you equated negligently discharging a firearm with PTSD or birth defects.
>>
>>32494858
Oh and I almost forgot all the guns they practically gave away to major LEO agencies in the 90's to put a Glock on every uniformed hip since the general public equates police with safety.
>>
>>32494870
>being retarded is an excuse to endanger the lives of others

There is a reason the mentally handicapped can't legally own firearms. If you can't handle guns safely, you should NEVER touch them.
>>
>>32494773
>Deaths per million registered vehicle years:
Honda Civic: 49
Kia Sorento 2WD: 0

Well, there goes that idea.
>>
>>32494909
You compare the fatality rates of a sedan with an suv retard.
>>
>>32494878

https://youtu.be/k8-ycSkoYfc

If PTSD can cause this many intentional discharges....

Don't you think it can cause accidental discharges?

>>32494888

So the 2nd amendment only applies to military and LEOs that have never seen bad shit?

Because literally every American is retarded. You know this to be true. And every human that has been shot at or had to shoot others is no longer mentally sound.

So we say fuck rights, lock everyone in prison, and public servants get a "thank you now go fuck yourself" when they have to do what our tax dollars pay them to do.

Dude, you're a dumbass.

Humans are literally all insane and unbelievably flawed.
>>
>>32494942
I'm not sure what you think the problem is.
>>
>>32494664
To be fair there are a great many flocks out there. Do you have some kind of hard info or is this just a feeling? Cause a popular gun is going to run into user error more often just do to the number of them in the public.
>>
>>32494953
Sell your guns.
>>
>>32494955
The inherently superior collission safety of a larger car compared to a sedan.
>>
>>32494976
The Sorento is not much larger than your average sedan and big doesn't mean safe.
>>
>>32494664
>why are there so many accidental discharge cases with glocks?
There's a number of things.

A) The safety lever is on the trigger, defeating the purpose of having a safety.

B) Because it has a "safety" people don't keep their fingers off the trigger.

C) You have to pull the trigger to disassemble it. You would think this shouldn't be a problem, but keeps being a problem.

D) For some reason it is hyped as baby's first gun, ultra safe with no learning curve. Which it is not.

E) There are a lot of Glocks, especially among cops, and NDs by cops get lots of attention.

>Is cocked and locked and DA/SA the better trigger?
Manual safety and SA is best trigger.
>>
>>32494909
>All accidents are fatal
>>
>>32494968

Quit pretending you're sane enough to dictate to me.
>>
>>32495012
He literally mentioned fatalities.
>>
>>32494685
FPBP, I don't get the hate people have for manual safeties.
>>
>>32495030
>Just like how there are lots of accidents with Honda Accords, there are so many of them
Read better.
>>
>>32494664
Imagine that you had a pair of launch keys, but when you turned one, it turned the other.
That's what a glock does. The trigger safety is a meme that only partially protects against foreign material inside the trigger guard.

It also has to do with probability and perception. ND's with glocks are percieved to be common (PARTIALLY) because anecdotal evidence doesn't deal in per capita statistics.
There are ND's that happen due to the design of glocks.
There are also ND's that independent of the design of glocks.

The popularity of glocks combined with conflating the second scenario with the first, results in the glock design being perceived as being worse than it is.
>>
>>32494747
Same with vehicles faggot
>>
>>32495000
>Manual safety and SA is best trigger.
And what happens when you fuck up your battery of arms (or don't believe in cocked and locked)?
da/sa is simply better than SA.
If you do everything you should do, then it is effectively just single action, but if you fuck up then it's fine because it's just squeeze and go.
>>
>>32494664
>The safety is the trigger and it's switched off by pulling the trigger
>Why are there so many NDs with glocks?

Because it's an inherently unsafe firearms platform that's usually stacked on top of an unviable holster platform in the hands of an individual with less than ideal combat shooting muscle memory.
>>
>>32495261
>inherently unsafe
I'd love to hear your reasoning for this.
>>
>>32495080
Yes, stupid people shouldn't drive.

It's the leading cause of accidental death.
>>
>>32494953
That police officer made a mistake, he should have shot to kill as soon as the man went back to his car.

Those with PTSD should not own firearms for this very reason.

Also,
>MUH PTSD cause I was forced to kill
Not everyone is a milk drinker.
>>
>>32495416
>he should have shot to kill as soon as the man went back to his car.
No, you stupid faggot.
>>
Any handgun can be dangerous if the person carrying it is careless or a moron. That said, Glocks in particular are some of the most dangerous just because their design (light trigger with a short travel distance, no manual safety, disassembling the gun requires pulling the trigger, etc).

>>32494698
It's not simply that Glocks have more NDs simply because there are lots of Glocks floating around. They have a record of causing a higher per capita rate of NDs compared to other types of guns within the same population.

>Almost immediately after D.C. police adopted the Glock, unintentional discharges increased sharply.

>By October 1989, the department had experienced 13 unintentional discharges, double the rate of 1988, the last year with revolvers, according to an internal police memo. Then-Assistant Chief Max Krupo noted in the memo to the chief that such problems were to be expected in departments switching to semiautomatics. Krupo suggested that increasing the five-pound trigger pressure to eight pounds "would be satisfactory." But after studying the issue, Krupo decided that a five-pound pull was just as safe as an eight-pound one.

Source is: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/dcpolice/deadlyforce/police4page3.htm

Note that the Glocks described in this article did not have the cop triggers that the ones today do but the standard 4.5 lb one. While the article does concede that the DC police could have reduced the number of NDs by being better trained, its central point--that the the Glock has a design that is fundamentally unforgiving of mistakes--is definitely true.
>>
>>32495461
>>Almost immediately after D.C. police adopted the Glock, unintentional discharges increased sharply.
Cops are dumb, what else is new?
>>
>>32495416
>Those with PTSD should not own firearms for this very reason.
>take away the guns from an entire group of people because of a few
No.
>>
>>32495477
>People diagnosed as mentally unstable
Yes, in fact this is how it already is.

>>32495430
>Officer is now dead, because he was unwilling to discharge his firearm.

Yes, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>32495527
Public servants are expendable.
>>
>>32495539
>I'm 14 and this is edgy

You're expendable.
>>
>>32495579
It's not edgy and I'm not a public servant. If you don't agree you're free to move to another country.
>>
>>32495599
Or I could stay in this one and respect our public servants. You should to.
>>
>>32495667
Nah, this isn't the place to put public servants above citizens. Leave.
>>
>>32495321
>The safety is the trigger and it's switched off by pulling the trigger
He gave you the reasoning. The safety is supposed to cover for your fuckup, not be disabled by the fuckup.

Either don't put a safety on, causing people to be more careful because no safety, or put it on the frame/slide.
>>
>>32496265
That's not inherently unsafe, have some trigger discipline you fuck.
>>
>>32494953
You shouldnt be handling firearms
>>
>>32494664

Three (likely) reasons:
1. Glock is obvious choice for jack-asses who know zilch about firearms and their safe use.
2. No manual safety (and people not being aware of it) beyond trigger-thingy.
3. Design-wise one needs to fire the gun after assembling it (which is why it Glock 17/19 lost the latest bid for new service pistols of Finnish Police). Not a major thing, but might explain very small percentage of accidents.

(Likely) typos and grammar: Written after drinking bottle of champagne.
>>
>>32494708
I see what youre trying to say but cars and guns are nothing alike.

Outside of extreme rare circumstances of a defective gun there should be 100% chnce you never experience a ND.

Driving there are many factors inside and outside of your control.

A gun, simple, dont pull the trigger.
>>
>>32494664
Obvious bait, but anything with a physical safety is going to be mechanically safer than a gun without.

Basically the only way a gun will 'accidentally' fire is for the trigger to get depressed. If your 'mechanical' safety is on the trigger and is released the same way as the trigger is pushed, it has an extremely limited safety margin. It's only protecting against partial snags or touches of the trigger.
>>
>>32496352
>3. Design-wise one needs to fire the gun after assembling it
No, you need to pull the trigger prior to disassembly. After it's assembled there is no need to pull the trigger to reset the trigger or striker.
>>
Glocks are very prevalent amongst police, and contrary to what the media would have you believe, most cops aren't particularly good with guns.
>>
>>32495674
>Implying public servants aren't citizens

This isn't the place for cop killers or people who support cop killers.
>>
>>32494664
Because people are too retarded to keep their finger off the trigger
>>
>>32496331

People who take away firearms rights don't deserve to guns more than anyone else.

>>32496398

Depends on the cop. Some cops are absolute criminals, and shouldn't citizens protect themselves from criminals?

A uniform and badge is not a license to kill or steal.
>>
>>32496352
Number one is correct.

You do not need to pull the trigger to disassemble or reassemble. You only have to pull the slide back by a quarter inch.
>>
>>32496462
And criminals should face justice. But that does not give anyone the right to murder police officers, or condone such actions.

Record them on video if you think they're doing something wrong.

Also, rights aren't absolute. They can be taken away if you abuse them. That is why warrants exist.
>>
>>32496398
>Implying public servants aren't citizens
Not while they are on duty
>This isn't the place for cop killers or people who support cop killers.
I'm not saying to go out and murder cops, but this isn't the country for bootlickers. You're looking for Europe or Asia.
>>
because they dont have a safety.
>>
>>32496535
>Also, rights aren't absolute
WRONG.

This really isn't the country for you, please leave.
>>
>>32496617

do you know what COP stands for?
>>
>>32496633
Cunts on Patrol?
>>
>>32494664
Because glock owners on average are more dumb than other people
>>
>>32496630
>asking someone you disagree with to leave

Keep living in your own little world mate.

>>32496617
Did the ATF kill your doggo or something?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (36KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
36KB, 600x376px
>"your finger is your safety" fags ITT

Oh go fuck yourself. There are other instances where a trigger can be pulled aside from your finger. Glawkucks will continue to suck dick because they can't afford a real pistol as usual.

DA/SA + manual safety will always be superior to "safe-action" "shoot myself in the leg while holstering my gun" Cocks
>>
>>32496818
>Keep living in your own little world mate.
Oh you're an Anglo. No one cares what you think.
>>
>>32496908
>There are other instances where a trigger can be pulled aside from your finger.
Nope.
>>
>>32496526

..and reassembling the pistol (with pulling slide back) also cocks it. I have been training newfags among local reservists proper user of Glock about decade or so... Not to mention that in their first try most beginners will pull the slide too far repeatedly., which always cocks it.
>>
>>32496908
Who the fuck has their finger in or near the fucking trigger guard when holstering a glock?

Don't be a moron.
>>
>>32495416
>That police officer made a mistake, he should have shot to kill as soon as the man went back to his car.

Sounds like a good way to get financially ruined for the rest of your life, and maybe even spend some quality time in prison. Shooting people who you think might be problematic is really bad policy.

>Those with PTSD should not own firearms for this very reason.

Due process is a thing in this country, Sparky. It doesn't just apply to only you and the people you like. How about you fuck right off with the wannabe-Feinstein gun grabbing bullshit.

>Not everyone is a milk drinker.

What the fuck does this actually mean? Are you trying to come across as an internet tough guy? It's not working.
>>
>>32496908
>There are other instances where a trigger can be pulled aside from your finger.

there literally isn't though
>>
>>32496535

>YOU FUCKED UP
>did your time
>paid your fines
>second class citizen forever

America is NOT the land of the free.

There's literally tens of thousands of laws at every level and its impossible to be a law abiding citizen.

Every American is felonious and criminal.
>>
>>32496998
No.

Pick up your glock.

Remove slide.

Install slide.

When you instal slide, pull slide only a quarter inch past its resting area.
>>
>>32496955
explain this then: http://concealednation.org/2016/02/when-bad-holsters-turn-worse-this-guy-took-one-right-in-the-a-heres-why-a-proper-holster-is-essential/
>>
>>32497529
Yes, shit holster. There's no reason to use some cheapo holster in 2017, we have the technology.
>>
>>32495461
>not reading the whole post
>>
>>32496908
>they can't afford a real pistol
Have you seen the tactifags?
>>
>>32496303
Missing the point
>>
>>32496908
This, HK gets it right. Glockfags BTFO, if you're too stupid to use a manual safety, you're too stupid to own a gun.
>>
>>32494664
I think another big reason is the requirement that you pull the trigger to take down a glock, which I think is retarded

I'm sure lots of dumbasses have ND when trying to take down a glock for cleaning and forgetting they have one chambered
>>
>>32494819
That's fucking terrifying.
>>
>>32497343
Maybe you're the one with the problem mate, you don't seem to like it here. Unfortunately, America is probably the "Free-est" country around, or at least close to it.

But, I don't agree with taking away gun rights for any felony. Only for serious crimes of violence.
>>
>>32497343
Don't bother, he's not an American. He's some faggot Anglo. Probably a limey pussy.
>rights aren't absolute
L M A O
M
A
O

Pussified bitch.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.