[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a revolver shooter that also owns a mid-grade Springfield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

File: glock 17.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
glock 17.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
I'm a revolver shooter that also owns a mid-grade Springfield Loaded 1911.

Is there any way on this Earth to make the POS trigger on this Glock 17 that belongs to my son not suck so goddamned bad? I mean, it just fucking sucks. And I don't want it to suck anymore.
>>
>>32493669
There are 24 total Glock parts, if you can't figure out how to do a trigger job, you're a textbook 1911 retard and should load up that revolver and play russian roulette with your retarded kid.
>>
>>32493669
No, it's shit by design.
>>
>>32493725
Are you OK? Did you hurt yourself on all those edges
>>
Why should you care about how your son's gun shoots? It clearly must not bother him if he was content enough with it to buy the thing.
>>
>>32493669
I don't have a problem with the trigger on my 17. Had some work done on it and the armorer did a 25 sec trigger job on it when a Dremel and a buffing wheel. I see no difference in the trigger.
>>
>>32493669
There's nothing wrong with the stock Glock trigger, if it's gritty oil it and dry fire it a million times, if it's still not to your liking you're a fag
>>
>>32493884
Have you ever fired a revolver?
Properly, in single action?
>>
>>32493811
Fuck you. You are a stupid nigger. What are you, 12? Go fuck your monkey ass sister.
>>
>>32493903
>Properly, in single action?
Have you ever shot a revolver in double action? Whats the point of your comment?
>>
>>32493952
Yes I have.
It sucks a lot compared to single action, which is a trigger unobtainable on a glock no matter what you ever do to it.
>>
K>>32493903
Have you ever used your raisin of a brain to figure out that that glock is not a revolver? If you want to shoot a revolver, shoot a revolver. Trying to make a glock feel like a revolver will take lots of money and time, as it is striker fired not a DA/SA revolver.
>>
>>32493961
It's not about money and time. It is impossible.
That's the answer implied in OP.
>>
>>32493960
>Yeah, but the glock trigger is pretty shitty for a striker pull, compared to its competition.

>>32493952
No one shoots revolvers in DA, unless they're hammerless and they have to.
>>
>>32493975
>No one shoots revolvers in DA, unless they're hammerless and they have to.

>Great gun innovation lets you fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.
>Nah thats for fags

I mean learning to properly shoot a double action revolver is pretty good skill to have.
>>
>>32493968
It very frustrating when people like op post because all he is really doing is complaining that a Glock is not a revolver. Something about fish's ability to climb and glock is the fish
>>
>>32494017
I've shot automatics that have decent triggers. My uncle's Delta Elite is a damn fine automatic pistol. My Springfield ain't bad either. Hell, even the old Taurus PT92 that I used to have didn't completely suck. So it has nothing to do with automatic vs. revolver. It's shit vs good.

If a Taurus automatic can have an acceptable trigger, then one would think a Glock could as well.
>>
>>32494003
Or you could just learn to cock the hammer with your left thumb and literally fire faster (assuming you're aiming) than DA.

Your groups will always be worse shooting DA, b/c revolvers have heavy trigger pulls, heavy enough to put torque on the gun (which you have to compensate for)

You have to stage the trigger to even have a hope of being precise.
>>
>>32494017
He is not complaining that Glock is not a revolver, he is complaining that Glock has a shit trigger.
>>
>>32494037
That's a DA/SA thing vs striker fired.

SA is easier to shoot.
>>
>>32493669
>I mean, it just fucking sucks. And I don't want it to suck anymore.
WTF are you on about? Exactly "what" sucks about it? Sell it and buy something more to your liking snowflake.
>>
>>32494087
Same question to you.
Have you ever shot a revolver in single action?
How would you say it compares to a Glock?
>>
>>32494044
Not disagreeing with you at all, it just seams awfully dumb not to properly and completely master your guns. If I didn't stage my gp then my DA shots would be terrible. but I couldn't learn to stage it unless I actually shot it like that. That being said you don't HAVE to stage. It will just take more work to get good with the trigger. Also you might forget that DA revolvers where the norm for quite awhile for a lot of people.
>>
>>32494100
It's a good thing to practice, because it's another challenge. And shooting is all about mastering new challenges.

It's also great to learn for DA only pistols and one handed shooting. But for two handed, you should try the left thumb cocking technique it's a very good skill to know for rapid, precise shooting.
>>
>>32494097
>comparing SA to striker

That's like saying "How does this bicycle compare to this motorcycle"
>>
>>32493905
This
>>
>>32494127
Its funny I have watched several cas/sass shooting video and never thought to apply it to DA revolvers.
>>
>>32494137
How do these triggers compare to you? Do you perhaps prefer one to another? Perhaps you like the striker-fired gun trigger better? Or maybe the revolver SA trigger is more to your liking? They are very comparable in most things. It's just one of them sucks.
>>
>>32494137
Also, fair comparison there.
Motorcycles > Bicycles.
>>
>>32494056
>a shit trigger.
So explain this to me like I'm a 3 year old child. What exactly is a "shit" trigger?
>>
>>32494161
And one of them requires you cock the hammer.

In the case of a SA pistol, carrying in SA is retarded. Hence the striker being a middle ground between DA and SA.
>>
Never seen so many autistic motherfuckers in one room.
>>
I put in an overwatch trigger on my glock. Feels good man.
>>
>>32494169
And SA > Striker

It has nothing to do with Glock, striker triggers serve a different purpose.
>>
>>32494175
It's a trigger such that when you move it, and as you gradually increase the force of pull, thing you feel is that the trigger has moved a little, and then a little more, and then more, until it finally fires.
A great trigger is the one, should you pull on it lightly, would not move at all, and as soon as you pull more than a certain weight, the gun fires.
>>
>>32494185
>muh 1911
>>
>>32494097
let me help you a little bit.
Striker Fire guns are partially cocked, and when you pull the trigger cock all the way and release.

A single action trigger is either uncocked or cocked. When you cock it, the only thing holding it is a small piece of hopefully highly polished metal step.

So SA not only need less force but also "breaks like glass." Where as Strikers will never have that break. So if want a better nice trigger in general get a SA or SA/DA gun. otherwise you have to just deal with a different trigger feel.
>>
>>32494044
You cannot "shoot faster" with revolvers in single action, if you've got a shit Nagant or some bottom of the barrel hue gun and you double action is total crap. But if you had a good Colt, S&W, or even Ruger that's actually got a nice DA, then you can shoot just as fast as any striker pistol
>>
>>32494200
My S&W 357 revolver has a heavy feel to the trigger. It takes a determined effort to fire which is fine with me. I still don't understand what OP is bitching about. I wonder if his GF's pussy sucks?
>>
>>32494212
You can, but you will be hard pressed to not shoot like shit.

And you can shoot SA at least as fast, since you can cock the hammer before the recoil resets.
>>
>>32493725
>There are 24 total Glock parts
No, there actually aren't.
Glock just chooses to label many small parts as 1 part to make their gun look simpler.
>>
>>32493669
I replaced the connector on my g43 trigger in like 10 minutes. Do some searching.
>>
>>32494247
Keep talking out your ass.

5 in the magazine
The frame counts as 1

http://glock.pro/attachments/glock-pistols/5663d1381886681-parts-list-breakdown-glock-gen-3-model-17-22-35-glock_parts_diagram2.jpg
>>
OP has to be role playing as a fudd right now because this shitty thread is pathetic.
>>
>>32494289
Look at part 25
>>
>>32494304
Maybe if you were old enough to own a glock or two, you'd know that that is one piece. You can't disassemble it further without destroying it.

Nice try you faggot.
>>
>>32494289

Your diagram already lists way more than 24 parts.
But go ahead and look at some of the shit labeled as 1 part

>trigger with trigger bar
>recoil spring assembly
>>
>>32494319
It is one piece if it is made of the same material with the same process.
>>
>>32494320
Also part 3.
What is the sprint sticking out of part 26?
Part 7 is two pieces.
>>
>>32494320
You just look stupid with what you're saying. Everyone here knows you're stupid and don't know what you're talking about.

Just stop, it's transcending stupid any moving towards sad.
>>
>>32494347
*spring
>>
>>32494319

>can't disassemble it = 1 piece!

Guess my ever individual component of my computer is just all one big piece then!
Who knew CPUs were just 1 piece?!
They're way less complicated than I thought!
>>
>>32494334
>You just look stupid with what you're saying. Everyone here knows you're stupid and don't know what you're talking about.

Part1 - slide
Part3 - recoil spring and guide rod that can't be broken down.
>Just stop, it's transcending stupid any moving towards sad.

Maybe if you were old enough to own a glock or two,
>>
>>32494349
I thought you used to remove trip when badmouthing people.
>>
>>32494362
We're not talking about computers, you faggot.

Stop strawing manning in an attempt not to look so stupid.
>>
Also there are 33 """parts""" on that picture, not 24.
>>
File: lol95.jpg (71KB, 465x584px) Image search: [Google]
lol95.jpg
71KB, 465x584px
>>32494349

Oh boy, here comes the tantrum from being wrong!
>>
>>32494373
The only one looking stupid here is you.
>>
>>32494368
and I thought you used to pay people at the glory hole, then I realised you were the one getting paid at the hole.
>>
>my iphone is just 1 part
>not supposed to disassemble it
>>
>>32494347

The spring is a slide stop spring, and is indeed another part.
>>
Glocks are just shit, OP.
Nothing you can do to fix it.
>>
>>32494362
Well to be fair you could just de-solder a lot of stuff.
>>
>>32494374
Your """"""""""""""""""""STUPID""""""""""""""""""""

>>32494379

>>32494377

>Maybe if you were old enough to own a Glock or two, and had a few of them, you'd know what you're talking about and not look so sad.
>>
>>32494386
>Get blown then get paid
This is bad? Its like a cherry on top.
>>
>>32494410

>>>>>>your

LMAO @ ur life
>>
>>32494414
You're still giving head, you faggot.

>>32494417
>>
This thread is fun
>>
File: lol13.jpg (148KB, 502x560px) Image search: [Google]
lol13.jpg
148KB, 502x560px
>ITT: tripfag gets repeatedly BTFO by multiple people, then throws a fucking babyrage fit
>>
>>32494427
>Get blown
>Get
>blown

Oh boy I'm sure having fun!
>>
>>32493669
Best semi-auto for a revolver shooter would be the Browning BDM
>>
>>32494454
Do you know what
>out means?
Because no one has be beat the fuck out of this thread. I'm still here

Tell us why you're not a raging moron who should be living in a group home and ringing a bell when you get done shitting so your handlers can come wipe your ass.
>>
>>32493669
ghost connector cleaned my 17 trigger up nicely. no creep, crisp break

only glock trigger ive really hated is on the 43. trigger fucking blows on that thing
>>
>>32494535
who the fuck are you
>>
>>32495015
The only one willing to tell you what those around you know but won't say to you.

>>
>>32495183
Dude, stop taking the bait.
>>
>>32495244
Go brush you're teeth and report yourself to the police because you own a butter knife.
>>
>>32495260
>Your """"""""""""""""""""STUPID""""""""""""""""""""
>Go brush you're teeth

Son, we need to talk about homonyms, contractions, and bait. Mostly about bait.
>>
>>32495898
You may have short eyes and be into jail bait, but, I'm not. So go talk to your other cho-mo friends about that stuff.
>>
>>32493669
Jesus Christ, what is going on in this thread?

To answer your question OP, they make drop in kits that replace the trigger completely. I have an Apex kit on my 19, and it retains the same pull weight of the stock trigger, but it makes it a lot more smooth with little creep and a short reset.
>>
>>32494568
/thread
>>
>>32493905

>He called me edgy
>Better start shouting nigger to prove I'm not!
>>
>>32496005
>Jesus Christ, what is going on in this thread?
Well that tripfag who probably thought that by purchasing a trip would elevate him above everyone else. And it of course didn't happen.

BTW, Happy New Year anon dude.
>>
>>32495260
>Implying I don't own guns

Are you mad yet, Yankee Doodle?
>>
File: brit teeth.jpg (34KB, 492x546px) Image search: [Google]
brit teeth.jpg
34KB, 492x546px
>>32496440
Go away. No one cares about your bad teeth.
>>
>>32494189
HUHUEHUEHUE FUSCK A MONOECHIMP
>>
>>32494206
The End.
>>
>>32496301
>purchasing a trip
What
>>
File: _62963904_137834750.jpg (43KB, 318x368px) Image search: [Google]
_62963904_137834750.jpg
43KB, 318x368px
>>32496538
Check out this faggot.
>>
>>32493669
shitty troll
>>
>>32496301
>purchasing a trip
This thread is truly not redeemable, one retard yelling at the other, neither recognizes their own retardation.
>>
>>32493669

I can recommend Glockworks - they have pretty damn good trigger gear - not cheap, but they solve the problem once and for good.
>>
>>32496580
It's like its 2012 again!
>>
It's like there some kind of race to the bottom for the quality of tripfaggots on here.

I can't even say for sure that this militantly idiotic fuckbucket here is truly the bottom either.

All I can say for sure is that he's worse than the last low point, hunter 2-1 fagtual.

Just as desperate for attention and recognition, just as blind to the signs of complete rejection.

Now even dumber and more hostile.

Inb4 post deletion and/or "I was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>32494044
you're a special kind of double nigger aren't you
>>
>>32493669
My favorite trigger is the Ghost "evo elite" trigger. Short, clean takeup, crisp break, no over travel, and a short reset.
It take a bit of custom fitting but just watch the video and file it down slowly and you'll have an AMAZING trigger in an hour or two for less than half of what other decent third party triggers.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_EETIK/Evo-Elite-Trigger-Installation-Kit-for-Glocks-GEN-1-4.html
>>
>>32496947
Stop being a dumb nigger, either shitpost or sage. How new are you
>>
>>32498308
Not as new as you (evidently) are, you bluegummed jiggaboo.

Sage is invisible in a post; you'd best believe I'm saging like plains in wyoming.

Take your buck teeth and big lips and bite a curb at your convenience.
>>
File: 20161125_205407.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_205407.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>32494465
FEG PA-63 has a sweet trigger in SA. Total shit in DA, though, even with a lighter spring. Pic definitely related.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.