[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HK vp9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: HK-VP9-12.jpg (260KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
HK-VP9-12.jpg
260KB, 1200x800px
I own a Glock 17 and I'm looking for another pistol. Would a HK vp9 really be worth the money? The only other gun I've been eyeing is maybe a CZ 75 or a CZ P-01 or something like that.
>>
>>32492054

The vp9 isn't because it is shit, other hks are god tier though
>>
How about a Walther PPQ? Considered having the best trigger out of the box for a striker fired polymer pistol.

If you want to try something different and going into hammer fired pistols there's the Sig sp2022, CZ p07/p09, etc.
>>
>>32492720
This Anon has it right.

For striker fired, get the SAO masterrace PPQ. For hammer fired, get a Sig or CZ. The P-07 is, in my opinion, the best out there in terms of the hammer fired guns. However, I hate the safety and prefer the decocker only mode.
>>
File: P_MG_1076 resized.jpg (1MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
P_MG_1076 resized.jpg
1MB, 1280x853px
>>32492054
VP9 owner here. The gun's good, haven't had a single hiccup with it yet, but I've only put about 600 rounds through mine. Comfiest grip I've ever held. Plenty accurate, but a bit of a boring shooter being a striker gun. And it's not fully user serviceable, to my dismay.

Might I suggest an H&K P30 if you like the look but want to try a different kind of trigger? Light LEM triggers are real nice from what I've heard.
>>
>>32492054
I used to own a VP9 also a Glock 19. If it's for range use the VP9 will shit all over the Glock but if you're going to carry it or use it for home defense I would look at another of HKs offerings. For ccw the p2000sk is the tits and for HD you can't go wrong with a USP.
>>
>>32492775
600 rounds isn't a lot, though.
>>
>>32492775
>And it's not fully user serviceable, to my dismay.
The fuck does this mean?
>>32492778
>Subcompact handguns
Never. Get a P30 if you want hammer fired shit and make sure you get the light LEM trigger.
>>
>>32492783
I've seen people try to carry p30s. Never works unless you're a board and don't do shit. LEM is over rated, I've felt them and it's not that great I prefer the DA/SA match triggers they have.
>>
>>32492790
I don't care what you think, retard. The light LEM trigger provides a consistent pull unlike DA/SA SHIT and if you can't carry a compact handgun try losing some fucking weight, fatty.
>>
>>32492796
Lol if you didn't you wouldn't respond in the first place.
>he can't handle a DA/SA trigger
>all that ad hominem
Time to stop projecting kiddo.

OP don't listen to retards like this. Go to any LGS and ask if you can try a few of their guns and experience it for yourself. P30 Is too big for most people which is why subcompacts are growing in popularity for CCW. Sure you can get away with carrying the p30 and concealing it, I've seen people conceal deagles. That doesnt mean OP can do it, don't be butthurt because he has options unlike nogunz such as yourself.
>>
>>32492783
>The fuck does this mean?
Roll pins galore in the trigger and extractor assemblies make complete disassembly a right proper cunt to accomplish without fucking up something. Needs special roll pin punches to do right. I wouldn't go beyond changing the grip panels to stay safe.
>>
>>32492807
Damn you are such a try hard, no one likes you. Subcompacts are literal shit for shooting and if you can't conceal one it's because you are fat (surprise, a lot of people are).

DA/SA is also shit because of the inconsistent trigger pulls which you solve by going DAO and solve the problems with DAO by making it the HK light LEM trigger.
>>
>>32492820
The punches are cheap and you can buy them at a lot of places.
>>32492821
Okay mr nogunz. Great insight.
>>
>>32492821
>i dont care about your opinions
>try hard
>as he posts multiple paragraphs in response
butthurt projection 101
>>
>>32492833
Fat people not welcome.
>>
>>32492838
So you should probably show yourself the door :)
>>
>>32492836
>3 sentences is a lot
OK.
>>32492842
Come back when you're fit enough to conceal a compact pistol.
>>
>>32492844
Wow for someone that doesn't care about my opinions you sure are getting triggered by them lol. I carry two guns everyday in the fall and winter, nice try nogunz.
>>
>>32492844
>3 sentences
>multiple posts
>I dont care about your opinions
>try hard
>as he tries even harder
kek
>>
File: VP9.png (7KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
VP9.png
7KB, 448x357px
>>32492054
No, do not buy.

Get a USP if you really want an HK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOu5ZGfgtVk
>>
>>32492868
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMDMAEwjAeI

Yeah, it's garbage.
>>
>>32492054
Vp9 is a great firearm. Pumped 3000 rounds through mine. No issues. I will suggest anon, go to a gun store. Have them lay out several different guns. Try them all. Never just buy a gun on looks or what others say. It is all about personal preference and comfort. I guarantee for feel and trigger pull you will have 2 choices left on the counter. One will be the vp9. Happy hunting.
>>
>>32492868
>>32492887
Over rated meme videos. MAC is a massive shill and nothing he says can be trusted.
>>32492888
VP9 had a fantastic trigger. I used mine to train new shooters and women when we went out to the range.
>>
>>32492894
>Autistic Trip
>Refuting a video showing light sand disabling a VP9

Sounds about right.
>>
>>32492903
Yeah that's right because your results have little significance if you didn't carry out a proper test. All of these mud tests prove that specific handgun or rifle they have is or isn't able to do a specific thing. Their sample size is 1, they have no data on the ratio of water to sand to replicate the test etc etc.
tldr you're dumb as fuck if you take these videos as gospel
>>
>>32492868

Internet videos reeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc
>>
>>32492910
>Sample size is 1

He's done at least 7 different handguns with the test and the VP9 failed by far the worst out of all of them.

Please quit shilling for this garbage gun.
>>
>>32492911
Exactly my point.
>>32492915
7 different handguns. All with a sample size of 1. You can argue the tactical model of the VP9 counts for a second sample of the VP9.
Please quit shilling retarded videos.
>>
>>32492915
When the military tests guns for trials do they test a single gun or multiple guns of that model?
>>
>>32492920
>>32492925
Well then the only gun with a sample size of two failed miserably both times.

Sure it's not a military test, but he used three different handguns on different days with two different tests and they all sucked incredible dick.
>>
>>32492894
>VP9 had a fantastic trigger. I used mine to train new shooters and women when we went out to the range
Anon I was extremely impressed by the VP9s out of the box performance. My Glock 17 required extra work and parts to get it to work as good. Also in a vise the Glock shot to the left. Vp9 in the vise was dead on. Both were right out of the box. The glocks price is good, but after all the extras. It still ended up being more expensive than the VP9. All I did on the VP9 was a SS recoil spring assembly, $45. The Original assembly was good. Keeping it as a backup, just in case.
>>
Even HK doesn't consider the VP9 on par with their p30/usp in terms of reliability and durability. Those guns are made to certain government or LEO contract specifications while the VP9 being the "people's pistol" was released to tap into the civilian market more with a more reasonably priced pistol.
>>
>>32492931
A sample size of two is not much better than a sample size of one. I also just noticed it's actually theee videos he has up, but you need much higher than this to get some significant results, think 10+ guns being tested. And the other video by the other poster shows the VP9 doing just fine. Also in one of MACs videos he claimed the tactical has a stronger spring when in fact its the same after the updated models so he isn't even being honest here. Not only this but he used different testing methodologies in these videos. They are total shit and so is anyone for believing them. Those videos are elementary science at best.
>>32492942
The trigger was one of the selling points to me. Sadly, well not so sad, I traded the gun for a PU repro
>>
>>32492857
>>32492894
>>32492910
>>32492920

Kys dirt niggr
>>
>>32492915
Mac also slammed the VP9 against a steel plate and a log. But he did I not do that to any of his other samples.
>>
>>32492952
He also tested a VP9 in the same conditions as the other pistols without the slamming.

And it was the absolute worst performance in the series.
>>
>>32492955
And how do you explain the other video?
>>32492950
so now MAC is a confirmed liar, credibility is now zero
>>
>>32492054
The trigger is really good on that gun. But If you already got a Glock thereĀ“s not really a point in buying another Striker-fired polymer gun. Save some money and get something really nice.
>>
>>32492952

In the later MAC gauntlet torture test videos he explained that the reason why he threw his VP9 carry gun against a steel plate and log was because he was annoyed the VP9 failed right away when dunked in the creek water of his property. While the creek water had fine grit sand he believed it should not have killed the gun that easily when he knows a glock or pretty much any other gun would have been fine.

He does a short impromptu test on his CZ p07 showing that even when dunked in creek water it functioned flawlessly. However, he has not yet done the gauntlet torture test on any CZ pistols as of yet.
>>
File: combat magnum.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
combat magnum.png
1MB, 1000x667px
>>32492054
Serious, non-troll answer. Get yourself a Smith and Wesson Combat Magnum. I promise, you'll fall in love the first time you squeeze the trigger.
>>
>>32492779
He acknowledged that
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 843x843px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 843x843px
>>32492054
OP here didn't know much question would blow up like this since I posted it late night but thanks for the answers. I think it about sums it up I don't want the HK Vp9 so now I'm going to be obsessing what to get again. The P30 and USP are way too expensive so sadly no to them. I have been eyeing the PPQ as I've heard it has a good trigger and I've also been looking at a simple S&W Airweight. I've also looked at the Beretta Px4 but it doesn't tickle my fancy.
>>
>>32494122
You can find used USPs for around 450-800 regularly and it's totally worth saving a little extra. They are the best polymer handguns ever made.
>>
File: judging hat.png (26KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
judging hat.png
26KB, 273x200px
>>32492887
>>32492868
Every time I see somebody say the VP9 is garbage, this video is ALWAYS brought up, EVERY time, without fail, while >>32492911 is barely ever mentioned. It's ridiculous how that's the only thing you have against it - only ever those two videos and the fact it's HK apparently makes it the worst thing on the planet to you, christ.
>>
>>32492894
>VP9 had a fantastic trigger
Depends on what you compare it to. It's not the worst, but don't try it next to, say, SIG Legion, you'll be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>32493948
So should I dunk my Rolex in swamp water or even take a Porsche 911 four wheeling?
>>
1500 rounds through my VP9. I'm really happy with it. It might not be Glock tier in terms of reliability in harsh environments, but for all of my intents and purposes, I love it.
>>
>>32494558

If you expect the watch to work under adverse conditions, maybe?

Maybe you feel it's dumb to subject your CCW to elemental tests and I'll agree as I'll never subject mine to anything serious except on body carry but Tim wants his to function should he accidentally drop the gun in a puddle of water or whatever and that's really the reason why he first created the VP9 torture test video which lead to the gauntlet test.
>>
>>32494409
For striker fired pistols. But if you live in one of those shit hole that require 10 lbs trigger pulls that neuters the Legion.
>>
>>32494122

Approach this systematically. Figure out whether you want a hammer fired or striker fired pistol. From there get a list of options then rent them or fondle/dry fire them at a gunstore.

I've chosen the PPQ and I have either owned or tried various other striker guns (M&P, glock, sig p320). I like the ergonomics, the trigger, the fit and finish, and I am more accurate with this gun compared to the others. 1500+ rounds through my PPQ M2 no problems - just wish Walther had more of a presence in the U.S. so spare parts are readily available.
>>
>>32492054
I's dat a Canik TP9SF?
>>
>>32494670
>M2
You did it wrong
>>
File: unnamed (3).jpg (155KB, 956x1275px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (3).jpg
155KB, 956x1275px
>>32492054
Despite internet autism, the VP9 is a great pistol. Plenty reliable under feasible conditions. If you're a super special JSOC operator like most of the internet you may not be happy with it failing after being covered with mud though.

I really wanted to love glock, had a 17 and carried a 19 for a couple years, but they point like shit for me and the triggers are dog shit. For a carry or general use pistol the VP9 has excelled on my end. Points and shoots as well as the god-tier P30 for me, trigger is very passable for a striker fired gun.
>>
>>32492894

>>moooslim
>>trained women

lol, you had me going for a second. Go fuck yourself, Muhammed was a pedophile.
>>
>>32494701

Nah had the m1 and liked it but decided to sell it for the m2. All my other guns use button magazine releases so I will not change how I manipulate the pistol.
>>
>>32494122
Your missing out honestly. It's my favorite striker fired handgun over the Glock 17 and PPQ. But take some realistic advice. Go to gun shops and look at and hold the pistols. I wouldn't listen to people on 4chan about your purchase. Get what feels best to you and meets your price.
>>
>>32494781
That's fair enough. I liked the paddle release enough I got rid of the pistols that don't have them.
>>
>>32494626
That didn't make any sense. Rephrase?
>>
>>32494859
This, all the advice in the world won't help you if the gun doesn't feel right. I was dead set on a Beretta before I came into a store, tried it out, and immediately decided against it because I didn't like how it felt in my hands.
>>
>>32492790
>>32492796
>>32492807
I have had both, and I think LEM is better just for the simple fact that there are no switches involved. I also sent my guns to Bill Springfield too though.
>>
>>32492820
If you build ARs you should have roll pin punches anyway.
>>
>>32494122
I don't know who things are in the USA, but in Switzerland Walther mags are almost the most expensive mags around. HK's are quite cheaper and I don't even want to mention Glock mags which cost next to nothing.

My IDPA instructor uses a HK SFP9 and is very satisfied with it. During the last course I did all Walthers and VP9's did good, but the Glocks had malfunctions.
>>
>>32494409
I'm talking for a striker fired brick it's pretty fucking great. As far as triggers go my girlfriends dad has some custom 1911s that have the nicest triggers I've ever felt in my life. The HK match trigger for USP is also very smooth crisp trigger.
>>32494579
I've put upwards of 2000 through my uspc and the thing looks almost new.
>>32494739
I didn't mind the trigger on the Glock 19 I owned but it wasn't reliable so I couldn't keep it. It had a lot of FTEs after about 1000 rounds, replaced a few parts but the problem persisted so I traded it for my uspc and I couldn't be happier.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.