[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PICKING UP GUNS IN CALI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Picking my guns up in Cali tomorrow and we have a law that makes me 'demonstrate safe handling' of the gun before I can take it home.
Do any other Cali fags or people who know what I'm talking about, know exactly what I'm supposed to do? Picking up a AK and an AR lower, and not sure what the hell it is they want to see from me.
It's my first gun purchase so bear with me.
>>
>>32491844
Point it at the persons head with your finger on the trigger and pull it
>>
>>32491849
This
Then when he says not to tell him it's not loaded probably
>>
>>32491844
Wait a minute...you're telling me that Californians can still own firearms?
>>
>>32491844
Most of the time, I've been given a piece of paper that says "I know how to handle a gun" and asked to sign it. Other times, they'll go through everything step by step. It's not hard. Just keep your finger off the trigger and don't point at anything.
>>
>>32491844
That law is barely enforced. I've bought 3 guns in stores and I only had to do the operation test the first time.

Basically you just have to show to use the safety, load the gun and check if the chamber is empty.
>>
>>32491860
>>32491871
really dudes thank you.. i was so stressed out i had my buddy take me to the range today haha
>>
I've seen Turners do a safety check occasionally. The customer had to load a dummy round and unload the gun. I doubt any store would do one now with all of guns sold in the last couple weeks.
>>
Why is it legal for these states to have these laws passed recently? Is it because the 4-4 supreme court?
>>
>>32491844
If you really do want to know ahead of time what's involved in the safe handling demonstration, look at the Firearms Safety Certificate Study Guide. It has it step-by-step with pictures. https://www.oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/hscsg.pdf?
However, don't worry about it. If the store even requires it, the store clerk will walk you through the process step-by-step.
>>
>>32491849
This, OP. CADOJ just wants you to prove you know how to use it against live targets in case you ever need to defend yourself.
>>
>>32491844
i never had to do anything like that
>>
>>32491844
>Picking up a AK and an AR lower
Haha, you just wasted your money. As of tomorrow no more "assault weapons" can be transferred. Gun store is going to hand over your rifles to the PD.
>>
>>32491854
no wonder people think gun owners are dumbasses :^)
>>
>>32494759
>PICKING UP
>>32495306
>>
>>32494759
>Remove pistol grip, flash hider, and stock

Look ma, no assault weapon
>>
>>32494759
>>32495306
>>32495314
it'll depend on what tomorrow is for him. if he's like me I refer to tomorrow as "the time after I go to sleep" even though it's inccorect. If he meant the 1st then according to the DOJ would be required to dispose of mag locked firearms. Does not apply to featureless guns so most AKs would just need the grip removed and the AR lower needs no changes at all.

Maybe they just do it in the back room real fast wink wink
>>
>>32491844
kek that pic is me 1 yr ago walking out with a IO ak, someone send me bleach.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.