[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAFES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3538.jpg (224KB, 750x1001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3538.jpg
224KB, 750x1001px
Post safes or what safe you have. Looking for my first safe, what do you guys have/recommend?
>>
If I have no kids, no roommates, and live in a place mostly free of blacks, Mexicans, and meth heads, is there really any reason for me to even own a safe?
>>
Physical security consultant here, will answer questions.

>>32491676
Niggers have cars, Consider buying some bolt together steel safes and bolting them to the floor. An alarm system + a bolt together safe will keep tyrone from running in, grabbing a gun and running away with it
>>32491632
What are you looking to keep out?
>>
>>32491632
Get one as big as you can. Depending on your buying habits and if you plan to keep the guns you acquire, you can find yourself filling up a safe in just a few years.

Likewise, you may want to look into getting one that's not just made of sheet metal. If a criminal has enough time, they can get into your safe with powertools in 30 minutes or less.

It's also recommended that you get an alarm system to protect what's in your safe--but don't tell your alarm company that you have firearms even if they ask you.

I believe that an NRA membership covers up to $20,000 dollars of your guns in case they're damaged or stolen, too.

Some people have more confidence in traditional mechanical dial combination locks than electronic ones, as the mechanical dials will survive an EMP. The choice is yours on what you want, really.

I think this is some of the best advice that can be given.
>>
>>32491676
Depends on your state laws and your friends if any.. and how dumb you are.
>>
File: BFyLrvp.png (216KB, 452x308px) Image search: [Google]
BFyLrvp.png
216KB, 452x308px
>Australian
>rent house
>must have safe
>safe can either be bolted to the wall and floor or over a certain weight
>ask local gun store how much safes are
>basic ones, $200 for bolted safe, $1200 for weighted safe
>mfw

inb4 'lelele just move2murrka xDDD'
>>
>>32491686
What's your suggested method/brand of hidden gun storage for the home?
Also, if I have security systems and hidden gun/supply storage installed in my home by a company, what are the chances that if SHTF my home is first place the installers hit up, knowing exactly how to bypass all of the security features?
>>
>>32491715
lelele just move2murrka xDDD

Sorry you were born in a cucked country, m8.
>>
>>32491676
Majority of the people I've seen online and in the news that get guns stolen is because someone they know robbed them.

>you keep talking about your guns at work
>bill in finance looks up your home if record
>bill hears your going out of town tomorrow
>bill robs you blind
>everyone blames random blacks down the road
>bill now has new guns
>>
>>32491715
at this point, do you really have a better option?
>you can't even have leveraction shotguns.
>>
>>32491808
>you can't even have leveraction shotguns
But that's wrong.

Option also implies it's possible. I can't move to America, there's no possible avenue for me to emigrate there.
>>
>>32491799
Bill doesn't know I live with my mom and am teaching her how to shoot. Bills a dead man.
>>
>>32491715
>>basic ones, $200 for bolted safe, $1200 for weighted safe

That's pretty cheap for bolted.

t. Canuck
>>
>>32491720
>What's your suggested method/brand of hidden gun storage for the home?
Taking your unfinished basement and installing a false wall with a closet for an entrance, furnish the "real" side of the room with generic cheap bedroom furniture and use it for a spare bedroom. You can find hidden rooms in most american homes using a drywall knife and just cutting holes in the wall. It comes down to what you are protecting from whom. Adolf Hitlers PPK may attract a different class of thief than a pile of 870s. Threat model for your situation and budget. I am not a fan of hidden shelves/mirrors/etc
>Also, if I have security systems and hidden gun/supply storage installed in my home by a company, what are the chances that if SHTF my home is first place the installers hit up, knowing exactly how to bypass all of the security features?
Most security companies wont just randomly chop holes into your house and let you stash guns in there. You probably want a general purpose contractor. If the installer can defeat all of your security features you fucked up wholesale. The codes should be changed, sensors tested/adjusted if needed and the surrounding environment should be engineered for security.

If you asked me to rob one of my clients post assessment (the ones that follow my instructions) I would not be able to get in or I would have a VERY hard time.
>>
>>32491830
It was actually about $280 or something, and that was a two gun safe. I'll probably get like a five gun one though.
>>
>>32491686
Op here, I still live with mommy and daddy so pretty much my whole family (two brothers and one sister)
>>32491690
Thank you I really appreciate it.. So any brand is good? besides plain sheet metal safe/electronic lock, what else should I stay away from? and whos the best?

Also, as I said above, i still live with my parents so should I keep the safe in my room or elsewhere?
>>
File: gunthreats.jpg (62KB, 775x390px)
gunthreats.jpg
62KB, 775x390px
Made an example threat matrix for you guys.

>>32491880
>Op here, I still live with mommy and daddy so pretty much my whole family (two brothers and one sister)
A simple safe/cabinet with an audio alarm for tip/tilt/open is a good choice. You can invest in a big heavy safe but if your brother is going to sit there with a sawzel and go at it for hours while you are at work you should probably move out as a "safe" wont really protect you .
>>
Rules and things to remember about safes;

Safes keep honest people honest.

Safes are only safe for the amount of time it takes to get into them. Just because you keep it locked doesn't mean an industrious thief can't load it into the back of a truck while your not home and take it to somewhere he can leisurely break into it. Bolt it to the floor, keep it hidden. DO NOT WRITE THE COMBINATION DOWN WHERE IT WILL BE EASILY FOUND.

Buy once, cry once. Don't forget if you're young you will more than likely be buying more guns. Get one that is at least double your current gun count. Not only that but they're fucking cramped, if a gun safe says it will hold 15 long guns, plan on 10 to be realistic.

Don't store ammo in it. Most safes offer some level of fire protection. Ammo will cook off ala a T72 hit by an ATGM and ruin everything of value inside.

Register it with the manufacturer/retailer. In the event something fucks up (either mechanically or you) you'll save yourself a good deal of money and a headache.

You may be able to get a break on your renters/home owners insurance if you have a safe (and it's secure). Call your insurer and ask, most times the first person you speak to won't have a clue. Be polite and courteous, ask to speak to a supervisor/someone else who might know.
>>
Had my shit stolen from my safe. It was a pretty good safe too, not that cheap steel you can literally poke holes in.

Not even safes are safe.
>>
>>32491971
Also, stay away from electronic locks. The convenience is lost the first time the keypad fucks up.

If you're wondering who is a good/reputable company look at two things; how long have they been in business and do they offer a warranty or any kind of support if shit breaks/you lock yourself out.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.