[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How elite is SOF?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 20

File: Kelvin Gastelum, UFC.png (143KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
Kelvin Gastelum, UFC.png
143KB, 350x254px
This chubster beat the shit out of a SFC in the US Army's Special Forces, one at the top of his game.

He beat him technique-wise and strength-wise.

Is the SOF community of the world overhyped? Are the SEALs, Spetsnaz, GROM, and SBS team members of the world really that elite or has a hint of mythos fallen into the conversation?
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
Why not drop this guy in Siberia with a knife and dragon dildo and see how he fairs compared to a SF
>>
File: gangster.jpg (87KB, 960x829px) Image search: [Google]
gangster.jpg
87KB, 960x829px
>its almost as if guns exist
>>
>>32488449
SOF is more than just their guns
>>
>>32488394

Can't tell if this is bait but you have a guy who's only job is to fight and train specifically to fight vs a guy with SOME hand to hand stuff included in his training. Being in the special forces or military does not imbue you with special powers. Training is training.
>>
>>32488394
Yeah, SOF doesn't train much on H2H combat, most is learned through an outside source or if the individual unit pushes it. This is why MCMAP doesn't help Marines for shit in a bar fight. Big Helen's and Fast Freddy's veteran here.
>>
>>32488394
SF are modern warriors, for them hand to hand combat means shit has already hit the fan. It is something they do for a last resort and they need to be better then other warriors for whom the same situation applies. A pro fighter on the other hand is training solely in hand to hand combat all the time. Two different jobs.
>>
>>32488394
>Is the SOF community of the world overhyped?
Yes. Media has, for decades, dramatically overhyped the level of sophistication and capability that SOF units and members are capable of. Dramatically.
>He beat him technique-wise and strength-wise.
TK is a pretty good fighter, but he isn't particularly special. He also probably has <5yrs. before his career is done, if not sooner, unless he spirals into the classic "I can do it" fighter mentality and racks up a bunch of punishment and losses, he may already even be there.
>>
File: tumblr_oik7mydN3p1t4o0z6o1_1280.jpg (229KB, 1280x672px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oik7mydN3p1t4o0z6o1_1280.jpg
229KB, 1280x672px
>>32488455
Sure, but why punch a guy when you can shoot in him the face.
>>
File: 1427667099163.jpg (52KB, 548x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427667099163.jpg
52KB, 548x720px
>>32488485
>This is why MCMAP doesn't help Marines for shit in a bar fight.

That's where you're wrong kiddo. I've kneed a guy in the face MCMAP style.

>Big Helen's and Fast Freddy's veteran here.

Are these like greasy diners you get into fights at or something? I don't get that reference.
>>
File: 1478328961733.jpg (172KB, 599x858px) Image search: [Google]
1478328961733.jpg
172KB, 599x858px
>>32488394

I refuse to believe adults can be as stupid as OP, so hopefully troll or underage fag. BUT, if it's not apparent to you, let me explain, what I'm sure others will or have.

Special forces guys train in what they're going to be doing most of the time. That doesn't include hand to hand combat. They just train them in h2h, just enough, so that they're not completely useless in a fist fight, should the rare occurrence EVER happen.

These myths of military members being able to kill with their hands, comes from movies, and from many times where a 0311 or SOF guy got into a bar fight and mauled some out of shape average guy. You teach some 6'2 athletic highschool football jock to go for nuts, and eye gouges, of course he is going to win a fucking fight against the average man. Even without the training he would have done so.

Same reason why a prison nigger who lifts and has been in fist fights, regardless of not being necessarily a good fighter, will wipe the floor with some cubicle worker.

You really think most of these retired spec op guys would rather be making shitty youtube videos with 30,000 views instead of beating MMA fighters in the cage for millions?

MMA fighters, train every day, multiple hours, typically from a very young age, to fight in hand to hand combat. You think a guy with a mandatory watered down shitty 30 hour course in hand to hand is going to beat that?
>>
>>32488455
Sure, but their entire point of existence is using irregular tactics in smaller units to achieve results in special shit. They're not mythical beings and will get destroyed in a straight up fight with any modern infantry unit.
>>
>>32488394
SF/SO community has some hand to hand but compared to someone with even a bit of technical training in boxing, BJJ, Wrestling they will be slaughtered. Is what it is. I did mma many years I still box and I workout on a military base I have sparred green berrets, jtacs, etc. They were ass.
>>
>>32488650
>jtacs
They are airfags, of course they'd get rocked. Its not a safe space which is the only place where they flourish.
>>
>>32488650
>like martial arts as kid
>do multiple martial arts
>couple of amateur MMA fights
>join marines
>get through bootcamp
>go to ITB
>get greenbelt
>get into fights with ginger retard in baracks
>goes for a takedown
>stuff it easily
>while in a sprawl, goes for my nuts
>grabs muh dick
>squeezes
>hurts, get angry, put a kimura on him
>destroy his shoulder
>go to brig for 6 months
>followed me the rest of my military "career"

So much for hand to hand training eyyy
>>
>>32488394
25yo vs 37yo
>>
>>32488781
>like martial arts as kid
>do multiple martial arts
>couple of amateur MMA fights
>join marines
>get through buttcamp
>go to ITB
>get greenbelt
>get into fights with ginger retard in barracks
>goes for a takedown
>take it easily
>while in a sprawl, goes for my nuts
>grabs muh dick
>squeezes
>starts to stroke it up and down, up and down
>stop defensive position, hold my breath, panting heavily
>get angry, put my johnson on him
>slap his knee with it
>destroy his virginity
>honeymoon in the brig for rest of the night
>follows me the rest of my military "experimental" phase.
>>
File: 1386118141659.jpg (45KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1386118141659.jpg
45KB, 500x383px
>guy who spends every waking moment training to shoot things, blow things up, blend in with hadji, and maybe punch someone in the face if he has to

VS

>guy who spends every waking moment training to break people in half

gee i fucking wonder
>>
Guns are 1% of what SF do.

HTH is 0%.
>>
I bet the ruskies are gonna beat him in CQC.
>>
US Army's SF (heck even marines) are not known for their melee combat progress.

Throw his guy to the brit, ruskie, danish, norwegian and they are gonna break him.
>>
>>32489004
No they'd all get wrecked too if you picked an average operator.

Same problem. Only a few of each unit have the time to train in h2h combat, otherwise they would be useless as fuck for any actual modern combat.
>>
>>32488935
tim is a sf guy who turned pro mma but got in the game too late in his life.
>>
>>32488919

forced

3/10
>>
>>32489054
Don't pick the average, pick the best then.
>>
>>32489113
Why? No-one has time for that because (beyond absolute minimum familiarization) it's pointless. Fight with a gun. Oh shit, your gun broke? Good thing you have a backup gun and a team of friends with guns.
>>
>>32489138
I don't want to argue with the gun or no gun.

Pick the fittest, most able and most savage operator from Britain, Russia, Denmark or Norway and this guy would be handed on his ass.

Do not make excuse for American weak asss SFs.
>>
here's the fight if you guys want to see it.

http://www.allfreefightvideos.com/2016/12/kelvin-gastelum-vs-tim-kennedy-fight.html

>>32489165
stop, i don't care how good you think sf from other nations are, they will never beat a pro fighter in the fighters world.
if they could, they would make millions doing that.
>>
>>32489189
>stop, i don't care how good you think sf from other nations are, they will never beat a pro fighter in the fighters world.
As said, send that guy to these countries and see for yourself.
>>
File: perfectgirl.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
perfectgirl.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>32488399
When the first post... is the best post.
>>
>>32489212
why don't you send those guys to the ufc.
>>
>>32488515
which begs the question: why shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?
>>
>>32489077
he was a pro before he joined the army
>>
>>32489113
The best do compete or train with these MMA fighters.

Where do you think all the unarmed combat instructors go to when they want to improve their skills anyways? They go talk to their civilian counterparts who compete.

Same with the fitness and nutritional guys of SOFs who work with the support teams for athletes and sport teams.
>>
>>32488394

Special Forces is just a job, bud. If you meet the standards and get the occupation, awesome. You're probably in better shape than most of the population, but that's not a huge accomplishment.

Mentally however, they're more put together.
>>
>MMA
>U-uh you can't do that move because it's too dangerous!
>>
>>32488455
You mean the SF that haul a trailer of AT4s behind their ATV to the battle and hammer goat fuckers with them all day?

or the SOF that get miniguns on their dune buggies?

Better equipment is a serious part of SOF effectiveness.
>>
>>32488394
Individual skill and fitness are worth far more than someone's unit. A REMF could beat up a Seal6 if the REMF happened to be the base heavy-weight boxing champion.

A unit just tells you something about their baseline, nothing about their individual variance from it.

Also: >>32488502
>Media has, for decades, dramatically overhyped the level of sophistication and capability that SOF units and members are capable of
>>
>>32488533
>Are these like greasy diners you get into fights at or something?
Sounds like some hick bars with a lot of fights.

I think the point is that experience trumps training, which to a degree, is true.

The one time I've seen it go the other way was a buddy of mine who was a karate instructor, won tournements but never been in an actual fight beat the utter shit out of a security guard who was trying to beat up some kids and turned on him when he stopped him

>the guard was his partner/co-worker
>>
File: Edy.jpg (39KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Edy.jpg
39KB, 500x333px
>>32488394

>elite
>>
Don't your average operators tend to have a knife and side arm in case rifle usage is compromised? Why punch someone when you can just stab them?
>>
He'd probably get wrecked if he tried to start shit with a guy from Spetsnaz or FFL though
>>
>>32488394
>Is the SOF community of the world overhyped?

No. There is a significant difference in training to be a fighter and training to be a soldier on the modern battlespace.

SOF and SF are not invincible killers who can throw three hundred punches in the blink of an eye. Stop getting your information about the world from action movies.
>>
>>32488394
>This chubster beat the shit out of a SFC in the US Army's Special Forces, one at the top of his game.

Okay but who's the better shooter?
>>
>>32488394
You're comparing the performance of a UFC fighter, who spends most of his day training for UFC fights, with SOF operators who dedicate most of their training to things other than championship matches.
>>
>>32492303
No.
He's a professional fighter.
He would reck any average soldier with ease. From any country.
>>
>>32489165

It's not an excuse when it's truth retard.
Do you think the title SOF automatically gives someone magical powers?

SOF guys have limited time. They spend it wisely training with guns most of the time. This applies to every damn single SOF unit in the world.

SOF guys don't even train in H2H combat weekly.... and yet... you think they'll beat a professional fighter who spends at least 3 hours a day training in h2h combat?

And all because of their title? Do you also think the SOF guy would kill a tiger bare handed?
>>
>>32489256

Because they won't even make it through a few amateur fights.

Like you or someone else said, if they could beat mma fighters, they'd be in the ring making millions and living in fame.
>>
>>32492165

And you think special forces guys kick each other in the nuts, elbow their spines, eye gouge themselves, and bite each other's throats in their spare time?

The rules are there to prevent deaths. If an MMA fighter wanted to, he could do all those things. With the added benefit of speed, strength, coordination, and actual multiple fight experience in h2h combat with other trained fighters.
>>
>>32492303

Guy who trains to fight in fist fighting for a living

V.S.

Guy who trains parachuting, rockets, rifles, and gadgets for a living

Hmmmmmm....

Who could possibly win this hand to hand encounter...
>>
>>32488394
Kelvin gastelum would destroy just about any SF or soldier from any country in a sanctioned fight. Put him out in the bush for a month and see how he fares. Different disciplines.
>>
>>32492341

That's the point everyone's trying to make except for OP and a couple of manchildren who think spec OP guys are the end be all champions of every facet of combat.

Infantry/specops better shooters
MartialArtists better fighters

And both can cross train if they want to anyways. Some mma fighters like guns and train a lot with them. And some military members like martial arts and join mma
>>
>>32492825

Finally a good post from a trip fag. It had been months
>>
>>32488394
I think a fight like this needs to be judged over two conflicts.

1-Both of them are equipt for a normal MMA fighter, in an octogon, with a referee.

2-Both are put in a random environment with Intel on the others location, with typical SF wear and equipment, approximately 1.5km apart. Their only objective is to kill the other.

95% they will both win in their respective environments. It's pretty autistic to compare two people when the conditions favor one of them heavily.
>>
>>32492834
Well I've trained martial arts before and gone innawoods during war as a kid so yeah I understand the difference.
>>
>>32492801

This. In an MMA fight, MMA fighter wins. Outside the octagon with no rules, SF dude probably wins.

This is basically the equivalent of all the retards you see going "DUH, MCGREGOR WOULD WRECK MAYWEATHER IN A BOXING MATCH!"

No he wouldn't. Love him or hate him (Mostly hate, because he's a massive cunt), but Mayweather's good at what he does. And he'd get taken to the ground and destroyed by McGregor in an MMA match.
>>
>>32492845
That wholly depends on the disciplines the fighter is trained in. If you have a Olympian wrestler or elite grappler you can say good night to that SF member.
>>
>>32492848
Meh, not really. SF mindset is about winning. He'd bring half a dozen friends with CCW. Or more likely dox and swat the dudes house after knifing his tires.
>>
>>32492870
Okay well now you're making it a different deal all together. Rules or no rules in a 1 on 1 fight that SF is getting shrekt if the opponent has grappling skills. Someone like Khabib would fucking rag doll that SF member until they died of exhaustion of getting punched in the face. Of course the SF will operate outside of a fight, that's what their training is for.
>>
>>32492891
Of course an SF dude will get rekt if they're doing something outside their field. Trying to out-wrestle an Olympic wrestler would be like trying to out-research a PHD.

HTH in war works 2 ways: tackle a dude and hold him down for 2 seconds with the weight or your gear and fat/buff American body until your buddy puts a bullet in his ear, and grab a dude and prison-shank him 30 times (by which time, your buddy has probably shot him too.

Combat isn't a 1 on 1 environment. Rule 1, don't be near the target, rule 2, have lots of friends with guns.
>>
>>32492907
Yeah that's what I've been saying from the beginning my friend. No shit you don't go to combat alone we weren't discussing that. We were discussing a 1 vs 1 with or without rules. Meaning nut stomps and eye pokes not bringing a nuke to the party. Also your situation is breaking one of your rules.
>>
>>32492848

But if the SF bloke has friends, they'll kick his head in. I saw a bloke outside a club shoot for a takedown once, got the other fella down, hit him once and then got booted in the head by a someone else.

Unless you can guarantee nobody's gonna interfere, you wanna keep it standing.
>>
War isn't sportsmanship and SF are effective at killing.

Fisticuffs etc are useful but gay. The ideal way to end an enemy would be delete them using nanobots, from across the globe, with a mouse click.

The goal of war is to kill with the impunity of God.
>>
>>32488394
Lead doesnt care about strength and technique.
>>
>>32488664
Youre retarded. Jtac is a cert, army guys can be jtacs also. Tacp is airforce guys imbedded with army generally to fulfill the jtac role, and from my experience the army just calls them jtac because of convience
>>
>>32493591
Your point is? What do you think would happen if the other guy also had his Professional MMA friends tagging on one guy? A good striker like Stephen Thompson can KO multiple guys before they even got to him. Sorry SF would get their asses handed to them unless they were operating with guns and knives.
>>
File: we trained him wrong as a joke.jpg (33KB, 800x336px) Image search: [Google]
we trained him wrong as a joke.jpg
33KB, 800x336px
Pic is of SFC Tim Kennedy's coach
>>
>>32493591
what if the MMA guy is the one with the friends?
>>
>>32494315
Stream that film, if you're so great
>>
File: Sam's a big guy.jpg (399KB, 722x962px) Image search: [Google]
Sam's a big guy.jpg
399KB, 722x962px
>>32491709
So one of them starts talking.
>>
>>32494315
Tim Kennedy would still destroy 90% of people in a fight. His professional loses have been to real killers.
>>
>>32489256
Because they are too busy training to remove kebab.

Why don't the UFC send their goons to Denmark, Britain, Russia...
>>
>>32492784
It's an excuse because he's fighting against american SOF, which is not known for CQC fighting.

Send these guys to the better SOF and see better result.

Do not apply American standards for the world's SF community.
>>
>>32497628
Git out euro faggot, your SF wont beat MMA dudes any more than murrican SF.
>>
>>32497720
Send them over, faggot.

Arrogant americans think their overfunded military can beat properly trained, badly budgeted armies in CQC.
>>
>>32488394
Dude you are talking about a different skill set than regular soldiering.
Army does have some programs for that kind of thing but rank isn't about who's the best melee fighter. If it were like that I could probably find you a fuzzy that would be sergeant major if it were that way.
>>
>chubster
>trapz the size of cats
>>
File: 1448686960018.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1448686960018.gif
4MB, 640x360px
It's certainly elite, but that doesn't necessarily mean every SOF operator is going to be King Shit in a boxing ring or a street fight. In fact, probably not a single SOF soldier could perform at an acceptable level in an NFL combine either.

What makes it "elite" is that rather few ordinary people as well as conventional soldiers, the populations from whom SOF personnel are drawn, can meet the physical and intellectual standards required to become SOF soldiers. Different tasks or occupations or specialties require different arrays of talent.

This can cut both ways, though. I remember when Bo Riddick enlisted in the marines, which isn't even an SOF and as everyone knows is the USA's weakest and gayest branch of service. He lasted 11 days because he could not take the strict discipline. He probably could've easily knocked out any other marine, but he lacked the devotion necessary to wake up early and get chewed out all day long on top of all the other shit a marine recruit has to endure.

So I have no doubt that any average professional fighter could knock the living shit out of any profession SOF man. But when a hostage needs rescuing, when an enemy airfield needs taking down, when an HVT needs birthday snatching, you're not calling the UFC or the WBO. You're calling the Wisconsin Army National Guard.
>>
>>32497858
>You're calling the Wisconsin Army National Guard.
wat
>>
Special forces don't train hand to hand combat. The average BJJ blue belt could shitwreck them.
>>
>>32497858
>when an HVT needs birthday snatching, you're not calling the UFC or the WBO. You're calling the Wisconsin Army National Guard
Underrated joke.

>I think
>>
>>32488468
he beat a SF guy whose only job is to fight also

but anyways Tim Kennedy can't reasonably be expected to represent the capabilities of over 6000 US SF men.

>>32498176
Not true that they don't train. There are plenty of US SOF guys who are BJJ blue belts. The point is that there is diminishing marginal returns for training hand to hand so once people get past a very basic level of proficiency, there's not much point to wasting valuable training time and risking serious injuries to get a little better at something you don't need to do very often.
>>
>>32499563
tim hadn't fought in 2yrs and is getting old.
he did well but he looked like he really wasn't in it.
>>
>>32497624
they do, they can't force people to fight but they offer millions to those who can dominate.

either way, your bait is lame.
>>
File: 1413180277116.jpg (80KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1413180277116.jpg
80KB, 1024x682px
The only H2H combat instance I've heard of in SOF is that Ranger who killed a Tally with with an MRE spoon.

I've also heard some Rangers take tomahawks with them. Don't know if it's purely a heritage thing or if they get used.
>>
>>32488394
the thing is that ufc dude only trains in wrangling
I doubt he spends a moment on any other skill
>>
>>32488664
the jtacs were actually better then the green berrets and ranger fags (tabbed of course not reg)
>>
>>32499581
tim hasn't really been in it for a while, even well before his break

as much as i wanted to like him, he's proven over and over that he's more hype than substance, even in domains not MMA related

>>32499611
The H2H stuff really does happen, it just doesn't get talked about so much. When your job is to go into a dude's house and bring him out in flexcuffs, being able to wrassle and control him is a nice skill.

The tomahawk stuff happens, it's also a thing with DG, they're famous for carrying Winklers. Sort of a dual purpose breaching/fighting implement.
>>
>>32499655
it seems like most guys that want their face everywhere end up being over hyped.

he still seems like a cool guy but it can be a bit lame.
>>
>>32497740
I can't tell if this dude is baiting the shit out of all of your or not.

STOP REPLYING
>>
>>32499595
SOF aren't known for being poor.

Either ways, send this guy to fight in the places I mention.
>>
>>32499871
ok, let me just call them up and tell them to go.
>>
File: 1433018418187.jpg (217KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1433018418187.jpg
217KB, 1600x1200px
>>32491709
>>
>>32488533
mcmap is a martial art designed for people notorious for doing shit that pisses off their superiors because it's so fuckin retarded, in a time when hand to hand fighting is extremely unlikely to happen. BJJ is a martial art designed to actually function, regardless of era.
>>
>>32499618
>the thing is that ufc dude only trains in wrangling
wut
>>
Do you get paid more for being in SOF? It seems like a lot of hassle to go through all that shit and not get any more money for it while in the military.

I listen to jocko podcast a lot. He makes it seem like it was a lot of extra work (the fun kind if you're into it). I don't know how into it I'd be without a pay bump.
>>
>>32501050
Yes.
>>
>>32488394
There is something to be said for the difference in mindset between a "for competition" bout and a "your life depends on this" bout. Just throwing this out there.
>>
File: ill never know that feel.png (166KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
ill never know that feel.png
166KB, 300x411px
>>32501050
PJs were looking at some six figure bonuses in the recent years, still might be. Pays to be the man.
>>
>>32501050
SF and DEVGRU make around $150,000. They also fly up ranks super fast.
>>
>>32488394
The military does shit exercises that serve mostly just to fuck up your joints. They overdo cardio to the point it actually does permanent damage to the body and brain.

Meanwhile homeboy got to train the easy way, in a gym under ideal conditions, then casually translates that strength over to technique, with a reasonable non-damaging amount of cardio. Basically, he trains more optimally. The military can't afford to do that with every soldier, that would be one big ass gym, so they do inefficient bodyweight exercises and shit tons of cardio which requires no equipment. It's not uncommon for people who trained before to lose strength during basic, then they tell you "well we were really teaching you how not to quit when things get tough." They know their program is shit, it's not secret. The only people that would benefit from it are people who haven't trained often before.
>>
>>32497740
100 percent chance this is a bong shitposting
>>
File: 5thgrp.jpg (76KB, 546x672px) Image search: [Google]
5thgrp.jpg
76KB, 546x672px
>>32503160
Then how come the majority of meatheads fail out of indoc programs? Train like you'll fight desu. Some of the first teams in Afghanistan dropped in with 200+ lb rucks and had to hump a couple miles right off the bat.
>>
File: 1469557822669 (1).png (150KB, 309x321px) Image search: [Google]
1469557822669 (1).png
150KB, 309x321px
>>32488664
Butthurt armyfag detected, doesn't even know shit about his own branch.
>>
>>32503234
They're bodies are less efficient (at utilizing food + water) at cardio, which they'll be doing a lot of and they're not conditioned for it. It's easier to train a casual trainer who's unconditioned in cardio to be conditioned than it is to train someone with a lot of muscle mass. Muscles are very demanding calorically.

I'm not suggesting a person who's unconditioned at cardio is a well rounded athlete. You should do cardio, but not to the ridiculous and damaging extent that they do (especially with this "rucking" stuff). Ideally, you would train your bases (strength and cardio under ideal conditions) around 70â„… give or take, and train how you fight 30â„…. This is because your "fight" is going to be very demanding physically, if you train like that all the time you're constantly demanding more than you can handle or adapt/recover for. There's a difference between muscular overload and adequate recovery, and slamming your joints with weight on your back repeatedly while dehydrated while sleep deprived while not getting adequate recovery afterwards only to repeat it all again after 4 hours of sleep and another day of only 2,000 cheap shit tier calories.
>>
>>32501068
theres also a huge difference in the training as well. MMA fighter literally train to beat up other highly trained professionals. SOF train to shoot people
>>
>>32501055
>>32503109
>>32503081
Oh good. That sounds about what I was thinking. I was hoping I wasn't wrong and they actually got paid like a regular member of the military.
>>
>>32504402
Yeah, everyone gets the same base pay, but it can get so modified with special duty, hazardous duty, language proficiency, sea/sub/aviation, combat, JAG, med stuff and the list can go on and on with the big bonuses for critical skills retention.
>>
>>32488394
This guy is a martial artist. The other guy is a soldier. Simple as that. This guy can do shit better and with more ease than some SOF guy, but I can guarantee you this guy won't be able to clear rooms or handle his way around a firefight with the same ease as the SOF guy. Why? Because they're different things.
>>
File: MMA fighter Tim Kennedy.png (407KB, 470x471px) Image search: [Google]
MMA fighter Tim Kennedy.png
407KB, 470x471px
He's getting old and his job made his body experience more wear and tear than normal.
>>
>>32504877
How are SOF guys different from simple soldiers when it comes to shooting and clearing rooms?
To what extent are they "better" at doing this?
>>
>>32497858
>You're calling the Wisconsin Army National Guard.

kek
>>
>>32488394

no idea but i do know this, air force security forces are full of faggots

literally you have to be a cocksucking asslord to join the airforce to pretend to be infantry
>>
>>32504902
Is that how they're wearing the tabs now? Precedence over wings or bubble? Disgusting.
>>
>>32504932
Is the chubster OP's talking about a soldier? Cause I'm comparing him to SOF and any other soldier. I'm saying that guy probably can't do the shit the SOF fag is trained to do for a living, because it's not his field of work, obviously.
>>
>>32504932
More practice. Kinda like how a UFC fighter is better at grappling than billybob with his new blue belt.
>>
>>32504970
>More practice
That's it? Also, access to better material I suppose
>>
File: sfauc.jpg (47KB, 600x370px) Image search: [Google]
sfauc.jpg
47KB, 600x370px
>>32504932
They go to more advanced courses like breacher stuff, SFAUC, RSLC and what not in addition to more trigger time.
>>
>>32504984
no they also get an injection that turns them from a scrawny fella into a beefcake blond arian god and then they can fly like an eagle but not a bald eagle because baldness isnt alfalfa
>>
>>32493591

What if the MMA guy is a stand up specialist? Like a kickboxer? Do you think MMA guys are all grapplers?

Idiot confirmed for not knowing basic martial arts.
>>
>>32492845

What makes you think the SF guy would win a hand to hand fight in the street if he can't win one in the octagon?
>>
>>32492837

I'd go as far as to say 100% win in their respective environments.
>>
>>32493678

Pretty sure it does. The bigger negroes seem to be bullet sponges.
>>
>>32497589

More like 99.9% of people.
>>
>>32505008
Because it there were 'no rules' or repercussions they'd go for the kill, the whole any means necessary ethos would play into that.

https://youtu.be/RAOzkBZHhtQ
>>
>>32499618

Is that what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better?

Most MMA fighters have a job/education and do it part time.
>>
>>32493591
>But if the SF bloke has friends, they'll kick his head in. I saw a bloke outside a club shoot for a takedown once, got the other fella down, hit him once and then got booted in the head by a someone else.
>Unless you can guarantee nobody's gonna interfere, you wanna keep it standing.

No, you just don't pretend the other fuckers are going to magically refrain from kicking your head when you're down.

You can anticipate incoming kicks and catch them, block them, use them to pull yourself back up to standing while leaving one guy down on the ground and the other off-balance...

Fighting multiple opponents is different than one-on-one, and people who try to fight multiple people one-at-a-time are gonna get fucked up faster and harder than usual.

Doesn't mean grappling and takedowns are useless against multiple opponents, it just means they can be used incorrectly. They can be used correctly also.

You obviously are much more conservative, and use them more to attack people's balance than to follow-up with lengthy clinch and ground exchanges. Even submission holds have their uses, getting a hammerlock on one guy and using it to push him into another guy while you kick a third in the knee, then push the first two over and follow up with a head kick to #3 and run right back and kick one of the first two guys in the kidney.

You can only fight one guy at a time for one second, but you also have to do something to keep the other guys occupied, so they can't all get coordinated. You have to sneak in real attacks where you can but mostly just stick and move and throw and move and clinch and push away and move.
>>
File: US Army SF SFC Tim Kennedy.jpg (95KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
US Army SF SFC Tim Kennedy.jpg
95KB, 1310x873px
Current stats: 18 Wins. 6 TKO (33%) 8 Submissions (44%) 4

http://m.sherdog.com/fighter/record/Tim-Kennedy-2830

He's still the best fighter the US military has ever produced
>>
>>32505063

He's using a knife and sneaking up on a sentry in a combat situation in that video.

I said in a hand to hand fight, what makes you think, a SF guy is going to win against an MMA fighter in a HAND TO HAND fight? Do you think the MMA guy would fight like he would in a cage? Hell, even then, the referees have to constantly keep telling MMA fighters to follow rules. In a street fight, the MMA guy won't follow any rules unless he wants to be merciful.

MMA fighter would be stronger, faster, better conditioned for fighting, have better reflexes, more coordination, balance, and has trained his jabs, straights, hooks, uppercuts, knees, kicks, 100 different takedowns, 50 different submissions to the point of perfection.

If anything, I'd advice the SF guy not to go for the nuts or eyes, it will only make the MMA fighter, who's going to have complete physical control of his opponent, to start doing the same. And he'll do it better too.

On the other hand, the SF guy knows better how to do SF things. This should be common knowledge but apparently it's not. I guess some anons, just want to believe in their video game/movie fantasies so much that they'll brainwash themselves to looking at reality from their unrealistic perspective.

The idea of modern day invincible ninjas is cool, but it's just fantasy.
>>
>>32505121
dunno bro, average mma guy vs average sf guy is a toss-up

UFC headliner vs average bubba is as obvious as an average mma guy vs TK
>>
>>32505171
even a semi decent MMA fighter still has way more hand to hand training than any special forces guy (tim kennedy being the only real exception)
>>
>>32505185
exactly, and that's because Tim Kennedy trained in MMA with MMA fighters for a long time. He basically is one. He's not in there fighting as a Army Combatives guy, he's in there fighting as an MMA fighter.
>>
File: 1482338197362.jpg (166KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
1482338197362.jpg
166KB, 600x468px
>>32505171

Not really. Even a low level crap unknown bullshit MMA fighter is fucking deadly in hand to hand combat.

MMA fighter Joseph Torres, a LIGHTWEIGHT, with a LOSING RECORD of one win and five losses, fended off his home against 4 armed attackers, killing one, and sending others to the hospital.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/joseph-torrez-mma-fends-off-four-attackers-kills-one_n_4548172.html

Imagine what a middleweight with an okay record could have done?
>>
https://youtu.be/VyllQuQuHZE
>>
>>32501050
SAS troopers, until the 1980s, took a pay cut and loss of rank upon passing selection. Demotion still happens but the pay has been altered.

In regard to the OP, the best boxers and fighters I ever knew in the Army were in the Royal Logistics Corps, REME, etc etc. The Infantry had its fair share of good ones, too, but the guys in the Corps had more times to train and a lot more leniencey from their OC in terms of sport and activities.
>>
>>32505232

Another idiot. No one is talking about guns, bayonets, sharpened sticks or maces.

If special forces or infantry were h2h combat kings, they'd all be in boxing, kickboxing, and in the UFC making millions instead of being home getting cucked by their fat white trash wives.

I'd also like to point out, where do people think Military Combatives come from? From thin air? They're a mixture of wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, judo, jujitisu, etc...

Things an MMA has a better grasp on.
>>
>>32488394
Future belt material beats over the hill fighter with serious ring rust. This is not news.
>>
>>32488394

the chubster beat a hero so he is now a superhero
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.