[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kentucky Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

File: knob creek.jpg (266KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
knob creek.jpg
266KB, 1000x667px
Who here /knob creek gun range/?

Fuck, it's my favorite place on Earth and my God-King Rand Paul visits all the time.

Pic related

All Kentuckians welcome to post, along with people that comprehend that Kentucky is in fact the greatest place on the entire planet.
>>
File: 1453315533614.png (571KB, 959x771px) Image search: [Google]
1453315533614.png
571KB, 959x771px
>>32488151
>Kentucky is in fact the greatest place on the entire planet.

I live here and I wouldn't go that far.
If you don't have horses, land, or an appreciation for land there almost nothing to do.

inb4 dead thread
>>
>>32488424
Sounds like a great place.
>>
>>32488424
>not having an appreciation for land

might as well suicide
>>
File: 1480988225455.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480988225455.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>32488744
ikr? We have beautiful hills.
ky gun co's indoor range is pretty nice. Knob Creek gets crowded a lot.
>>
>Goto range
>Range officers are complete assholes
>Oldest range officer was in the shop once, it's 5o' clock and no one is on the range
>he's talking to the clerk buddy that is helping me out get some emergency AR-15 parts
>guys rent a gun and start walking out to the range
>old range officer under his breath says
>"Are those niggers really going to the range?"
>Guys are totally respectable looking black guys who were over yonder pondering about buying an AR-15 and one hatched idea of renting
>This old range officer is being a piece of shit about it

>Having an issue with my AR-15
>Younger range officer starts being a fucking autist
>starts inspecting my rifle when I'm clearing my own jams and doing my own thing trying to figure it out
>He says my fucking BAD lever is causing the problems
>Proceeds to grab my rifle himself and shoots it in a total meme hand over bore fashion that proves he's trying too fucking hard
>tells me to goto a local gunsmith, hardshell tactical to get it looked at
>In the future, goto this gunsmith and they're cool guys
>Talk to this range officer again about 3 months later
>"I would never tell anyone to goto any gunsmith other than here, we're the best, and we don't need any "hard shell tactical" to help us out
>That great small business gunsmith went out of business

Fuck Knob Creek, it's only good for the machine gun shoot, and even then they charge too much.
The other good thing, totally not related to the range is the amazing road that you can take if you don't take the Dixie coming down from Louisville.
>>
>>32488151

KC is neat, but nowhere near the scale of the AZ shoots.
>>
>>32488903

>Talking to owner of store
>He doesn't fucking know where anything is at
>Ask him where the AR-15 parts are
>He's over here wasting my time trying to tell me where it is when he could have asked the short old dude who's ON POINT everytime I'm there
>ends up just walking away from me and leaving me with the cute dogs
>can't honestly complain

>Range is cold
>Can't carry your own firearm
>every dumb ass from Louisville is here, and it turns the environment into a minefield of what you can and can't say to the clerks to trigger them
>>
>>32488903
I admit, Knob Creek is openly racist.

Took a black friend there once and they looked at me and told me to keep my dog outside. Right in front of my black friend. He nearly cried.

However, they've never dicked me around with the range it's the best range I've ever been to easily.

Knob Creek once had a TV show on CMT called "Guntucky".
>>
>>32488928
I know all of the guys that work there, they're basically all ex-special forces vets with severe PTSD. Admittedly they probably shouldn't be in control of that many firearms.

Gives me a freedom boner at the same time.

Also, the road leading the knob creek is amazing, it's so fortified.
>>
Just got back from Hebron Kentucky went wth my brother to drop off a load. Enjoyed the trip but I kinda wish we went to Lexington
>>
>>32488950

Yeah man, I really hate to be the contrarian little asshole. But if Knob Creek wasn't the biggest gun range in the local area for like 100 miles with a great gun selection, no one would go.
The service is shit. UNLESS you get the cool little old dude who knows his shit.
>>
>>32488151
>Kentucky is in fact the greatest place on the entire planet
im not saying this as an insult, joke, or exaggeration. i have literally never heard anyone say that sentence before.
>>
YOU GUYS SHOOTING .223 OR HIGHER POWER RIFLES I WANT BULLET IMPACT NO LESS THAN 25 YARDS. THAT'S THE FIRST CONE.

STEEL TARGETS, 100 YARDS. THAT'S THE THIRD CONE AGAINST THE RIDGE.

THOSE ORANGE MARKERS AT THE TOP OF THE HILL ARE NOT TARGETS. THEY ARE PROPERTY BOUNDARIES. DO NOT SHOOT THEM.

WHATEVER YOU TAKE DOWN THE RANGE YOU BRING BACK UP.

AT THIS MOMENT THE FIRING LINE IS HOT.
>>
>>32488985
It's doesn't have to be a widely known fact to be a fact.
>>
>>32489000
Triple aught trips confirms.

But seriously, Montana is much more beautiful.
>>
>>32489014
Montana is certainly in my top 5.
>>
>>32488950
>I admit, Knob Creek is openly racist.

I went there with a buddy and had three poorly dressed black people renting an AK, one of them using it as a like some sort of walking cane, leaning against it when checking out. Not even a peep from the RO grabbing lunch or the cashier.
They seemed harmless enough.
>>
To all Kentuckians, there is a better gun spot that's quiet as fuck off of exit 112 southbound from Louisville on I-65.

It's in Knobs State Forest.
Be forewarned though, the area has hunters that will passive aggressively dislike you for blasting. But you can.
>>
>>32488985

The only way I'd change my opinion is if Michigan went full constitutional carry, and NFA exemption, with full prejudice.

At that point I'd sell the place in Paducah, and buy the home I grew up in off my folks in the northern LP.
>>
>>32489029
I shoot here all the fucking time. I love to hike to the highest hill there. This is actually my favorite place in all of Kentucky.
>>
>>32488950
I'm black and they treated me fine, a bit on edge but it would be odd if they weren't.

>>32488959
I've heard they have fortified tunnnel networks and bunkers but I sure as hell am not going to ask about secret squirrel shit there
>>
>>32489060
I can confirm they do have these fortifications.

I only know because I personally know the old timers there.

When shit hits the fan, Knob Creek Gun Range is going to be a stronghold like no other.
>>
>>32489076

>Right next to a fucking Armored Division
>Stronghold
>>
>>32489084
Ft.Knox is the Human Resources base now, not the Armory.

Regardless, I would actually be surprised if anything the U.S. military has outside of Nuclear bombs and including bunker busters that can fuck with this place.
>>
>>32488959
>>32489076

ITT People who don't know what Flood Gates are.
They are right next to the power plant on the river. Those big concrete caisson's are to hold back the river form the plant if it floods. Knob Creek will be under water, hell the pistol range floods during a good rain, There are no bunkers there.
>>
I have fucked so many girls on at the top of Mitchell Hill right next to the water tower.
After taking them out to shoot guns at the Knob.
>>
File: logo.png (27KB, 600x102px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
27KB, 600x102px
>>32488903
Big Sandy > Knob Creek any day of the week

I don't get the hype behind Knob Creek. The only thing it has going for it is the large vendor section, but most spectators come to see/shoot machine guns, not stand and stare at guns they will never be able to afford.
>>
File: 81191311[1].jpg (149KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
81191311[1].jpg
149KB, 1024x682px
>>32489114
>>
>>32489114
>So he thinks
>>
i went to the knob creek mg shoot once. lots of fun. the absolute worst part of the trip was the days inn motel we stayed at. theyve renamed it since but i bet its the same people/ building. terrible shithole
>>
>>32489103
>Ft.Knox is the Human Resources base now, not the Armory.

You are half right. They've been quietly moving back tanks and doing training at the Multi Million dollar training facilities on Knox because the move was a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>32488151
I didn't like Knob Creek, the people there were dicks.

The area around the range looks really trashy too.
>>
File: xxDdi[1].jpg (549KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
xxDdi[1].jpg
549KB, 3008x2000px
Why did they remove this beautiful thing from the Patton Museum?
Why the fuck did they move all the tanks to Ft. Benning?
They even took the one next to the Knob Creek elementary school.
>>
>>32488985
The state has some good nature and gun laws, but everything else...

There are worse places to live than Kentucky, but the best place ever?
>>
>>32489170
Preparing for Civil War.
>>
File: hickok_345.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hickok_345.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>kentucky
>>
File: 1451304358648.jpg (22KB, 331x318px) Image search: [Google]
1451304358648.jpg
22KB, 331x318px
>Kentucky
>good

lmao, Kentucky is America's designated shitting state, everyone makes fun of Kentucky

You don't want to be from Kentucky, you don't even want to be that guy who moved there
>>
>>32489304
We really don't mind that you aren't aware of how based it is.

It is the last bastion of hope in this terrible world.
>>
>>32489334
Kentucky is so bad that it's the only state to have a net loss in its black population in the 20th Century, possibly the 21st too.

Think about that; a state so bad that not even black people want to live there.
>>
>>32489369
What fucking great news.

It's working!
>>
File: fb83y4bc3.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fb83y4bc3.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>32489369
>black population going down
>bad
>>
>>32489369

Kentucky wind chimes.
>>
>>32489304
I think you're confusing Kentucky with Alabama.
>>
>>32489304
(You)
>>
>>32489393
Nope, Kentucky is definitely the most mocked state.

It's considered part of Appalachia, and (oddly) the South. That means it gets the worst stereotypes of both.
>>
>>32489403
>implying Appalachia isn't God's land
>implying The South isn't the comfiest place to live
>>
>>32489369
>black population falling
Well shit, I might actually buy some land there.
>>
>>32488151
Hell yeah, my Kentucky niggers. I'm from Louisiana, but moved here when I was young because my dad has family and a farm here. I love it. I can go shoot anytime I want at the farm, and pretty much everyone is pro 2A, even the fags.

I live in Nicholasville now, but I'm 5 miles from 2 different ranges, and about 35 miles from the farm. Kentucky is seriously great.
>>
>>32489384
Having diversity is a good thing. A state full of white people doesn't reflect modern America.
>>
File: garrison.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
garrison.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>32489488
>>
>>32489488
>A state full of white people doesn't reflect modern America.
yes, a sad state of affairs indeed.
>>
>>32488962
Literally nothing to do in Lexington. You didn't miss anything.
>>
>>32489477
Head out to Bluegrass Sportsman's League sometime. Great place once you get past the megafudd RSO's at the general purpose range.
>>
>>32490483
Is that the range in wilmore? I've thought about checking it out, is only 9 minutes from my house.
>>
>>32488151
Richmond reporting in
>>
File: IMG_5107.jpg (75KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5107.jpg
75KB, 450x800px
>Wallace building of EKU
where are you anon
>>
>>32489304
>worst state
>not West Virginia
This is of course not counting non-states such as comiefornia and maryland
>>
>>32490374
>>32488962
Buds Guns
Antique and modern Firearms
That surplus store/Wood stove store
The dozen or so pawn shops on new circle
>>
>>32490374
What can you not do in Lexington, that you can in bigger cities?
>>
Went to kygunco today hoping to find some more 9mm on sale. Last time I went they had sellier & bellot 50 rnds for $9, but it was back up to $13. Bought 250.

Finger fucked a khar and a sig 938. Probably going back for the 938 in a couple weeks
>>
>>32488849
also the range officers mighty assholes kek
>>
>>32490374
Lexington is a lot nicer than Louisville.
>>
>>32488994
KEK, STEP BEHIND YELLOW LINE
>>
>>32491044
A lot less ghetto too, except near Alexandria, too many beaners.

>>32491029
Holy shit, I had no idea Ky Gun Co had an actual warehouse you could go to and shop. Guess I know what I'm doing soon, it's only an hour away.
>>
>>32491091
whats wrong with my race u fag
>>
>>32491120
When your race all comes to one area of a city and shits it up with drugs, crime, poverty, and decreased property value, that's when I have a problem with it. That area of Lexington is literally a shitfest of poverty ridden thug Mexicans. I'm sorry if you identify yourself as one of them, that's not my fault, but the fault of those around you.
>>
>>32491222
I'm very triggered atm
>>
>>32489032
There is some stuff in the works for constitutional carry here.
>>
>>32491222
Louisville gets Cubans instead of Mexicans, so I guess it's better in that regard.
>>
>>32488903
>>32488950
Ahahahhahaha

Definitely going here now thanks niggers
>>
>>32489047
>>32489029
Do you want to ruin my/our shooting spot?!! No? Then shut the fuck up about it, i dont even tell my noguns friends about it
>>
>>32491482
>state land
>not being common knowlege
>>
>>32491493
You'd be suprised, every time i tell a louisvillian where im going they have no clue where it is. But for real id rather it stay mostly quiet like it is now
>>
The longer i live in kentucky the more i love it. It may be the greatest place on earth.
Also knob creek is cool but when i was buying some guns during a machinegun shoot from the actual store the salesman seemed super paranoid/hyper aware of everything but me lol. He was still cool and we shook hands afterward, seemed like a pretty hardened veteran
>>
>>32491091
You can see it from the interstate, it's behind Lowes.

Has a range and all kinds of good stuff.

Good size place
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.