[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a direct blowback Sten type .22 blank gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: 3_ZfG_all_parts[1].jpg (729KB, 1990x658px) Image search: [Google]
3_ZfG_all_parts[1].jpg
729KB, 1990x658px
And to get more bang for the buck, I'd like to use .22 cal nail gun charges. Can it be done? I've heard that the .22 nail gun charges are sometimes hard to extract.
I know a real .22 round has enough juice to keep the cycle going:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkSaM2qY1aY
Thoughts or experiences?
>>
>>32487041
can it be done? yes.
will it be legal? ehhhhhhh you might say its only a blankgun but 22cb or 22short exists and is the same profile as a nailgun blank
biggest issue will actually be magazines
>>
>>32487129
I was going to look into that.
I saw a YouTube guy that was building one, and he made a custom barrel that chocked down to a small hole for gas, so no round could get through.
I'd have to do a custom magazine and 'receiver' I'm sure.
>>
Wow. I didn't know the charges were so gun friendly is size. Magazines and a 'receiver' would be a piece of cake.
"Powder-actuated tool cartridges are specially-designed blank firearm cartridges. In many cases, the charges are ordinary firearm cartridges with modified casings, and the bullet removed. The .22 Short, developed by Smith & Wesson is common."
Yes, the legality concerns me.
Maybe if the 'receiver' and non functioning barrel were a solid piece, so there would be no way to put on a functioning barrel?
>>
File: worried corgi.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
worried corgi.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>32487309

Are you not a merican?

Because if you are a merican, I doubt there's any legal issue about making a blank gun, since you can legally make a real gun.

Although if by "sten-type", you mean open bolt full auto, you'd better keep a close eye on your puppers.
>>
>>32487343
>since you can legally make a real gun.
I can't legally touch a bullet, because I'm a violent felon that really dindo.
And it's full auto.
>>
File: mickey.jpg (158KB, 998x1370px) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
158KB, 998x1370px
>>32487343
Also, yes, puppers is priority number one.
I don't want any kicks at the door, again.
>>
File: feds.gif (641KB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
feds.gif
641KB, 300x231px
To be clear, any concerned Fed, I'm merely asking, and have not begun any project.
Being a violent felon, I'm not sure I could be a roofer armed with anything more than a hammer.
I'm aware of that.
>>
File: 1483063422000s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1483063422000s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
So all of MY legal limitations aside.

If a receiver and a non functioning barrel are one piece, is it even a receiver, or barrel, or firearm?
>>
File: fixedEjector.png (116KB, 643x360px) Image search: [Google]
fixedEjector.png
116KB, 643x360px
??????????????????????????????????????
So does pic mean there is no extractor that crabs the case, and the blow-back ejects the case and it just hits an ejector?
??????????????????????????????????????
Thanks. I'm done.
>>
>>32487528
>So does pic mean there is no extractor that crabs the case, and the blow-back ejects the case and it just hits an ejector?
yes
most straight blowback openbolt guns dont actually need a extractor. you add one for extra reliability but its not vital
>>
>>32487616
Thanks. I've read that blanks tend to expand and get tight in the barrel, and need strong extraction.
>>32487457
So if the 'receiver and non functioning barrel(beyond gas release) are one piece, like in my crude pic, is it really a gun?
>>
File: onePiece.png (188KB, 1172x423px) Image search: [Google]
onePiece.png
188KB, 1172x423px
>>32487718
Damn it. Forgot pic.
>>
>Although if by "sten-type", you mean open bolt full auto, you'd better keep a close eye on your puppers.
If Makita developed a open bolt full auto nail gun, for the master carpenter, would;d that carpenter need a class 3 or whatever?
Not being snarky. Really asking.
If a device can fire nothing, in full auto, did the tree really fall in the woods?
>>
So it would be safer, legally, to build for a non gun, blank designated caliber?
I guess I'll do that.
>>
>>32487786
If the tree starts asking about how to fall on a Khazakstani breadbaking forum, it would be safe to assume that the tree was planning to fall.
>>
>>32487969
You don't know me.
>>
>>32487969
Sorry for the double reply, but do you have anything to add to the discussion?
Is the discussion beneath you? If so, please enlighten us.
Are you implying that /k/ is a poor place to ask about the mechanics and legality of a bling firing device? If so, where would be a good place to inquire about said device, cunt?
Fucking twat.
>>
File: MI0003762461.jpg (33KB, 400x561px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003762461.jpg
33KB, 400x561px
>>32487969
In fact, it sounds like you think this discussion is above the heads of /k/, the "Khazakstani breadbaking forum."
I think it's right at /k/'s level, and I've already learned some shit about extraction, the law, and the .22 cal blank, fucking faggot. None of it I learned from you.
I hope something bad happens in your life.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.