[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience with this gun? Thinking about it over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: honor_guard.jpg (437KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
honor_guard.jpg
437KB, 1080x1080px
Anyone have experience with this gun? Thinking about it over the glock 43 and kahr cm9 for my first gun. Looks like it has some nice features for the price point, and kinda like the look.
>>
>>32484908
What is it? Some obnoxious version of the shield?
>>
Just get a Shield
>>
>>32484968
Hmm. Just read about it. The integrated standoff device on one model is interesting. Don't expect any aftermarket support, holsters will be rare for a while, and looks like a stippled-up shield, but I don't hate it.
>>
>>32484908
It seems great for lefties
>>
The range I work at just got two of them in for our rental wall. They both have a 7lb trigger with a gritty and uneven break. The grip does not work well with larger handed folks like me at all. Both models shot consistently left and high, though good groupings were achieved by most of us that shot it.

For $450ish, I would far rather buy a glock 43. The stock sights aren't bad though and the weight is good, but for the money there are significantly better options for me.
>>
>>32485121

one is being sold on armslist for 400, seems interesting for that price, but now I've just watched a video where the guy is having problem with the trigger reset @ 15:12 which has me kind of worried.
>>
>>32485156

Sorry forgot to include video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeLVksW0ihQ
>>
>>32485156
Considering the other options for the price point, I'd wait a while before going with one of these. They may turn out to be good pistols down the road but for right now I'd skip it.
>>
>>32485169

On another note, since you said you work at a range, what is your experience with the kahr cm-9? The biggest concern I have is the slide that seems to rust pretty easily.
>>
>>32485241
We don't have one ourselves but a regular customer does. I've shot it a bit. It actually doesn't feel too bad in my gigantor hands and is fairly accurate. Trigger isn't horrible either. His has a few small rust spots from carrying in the summer so I presume the rust concerns are real. His is years old though so I doubt it makes any real difference. Just clean it here and there.
>>
>>32485299

Well shit. I can get one with some extras for 350, maybe that will be a better deal.
>>
>>32485318
If you want something REALLY small, consider the Ruger LCPII. I'm impressed with it for what it is, and I think five or six of us have bought one now. X ring groups out to ten yards is pretty cool for something so tiny.

Otherwise, if you know an LE/MIL type you could get a blue label Glock 43 for about $380. Other options would be one of the newer XD pistols or maybe a Shield with an Apex trigger kit. My favorite subcompact is still the Sig 938 but they are going to probably be the most expensive item on your list. Lots of good stuff out there, just depends on what you're after.
>>
>>32484908
>The Overpriced Guard, exclusive from bumblefuck Georgia
It's basically a safety-version Shield with good sights. You want the Glock 43. CM9's are weird.
>>
>>32484908
Kahrs are nice, until you realize you will need to put a few hundred rounds of hornady XTP through it to 'break it in' and see if you got one of the good ones or not.
Their warranty department won't even respond to you until you are a few hundred rounds in.
>>
>>32486404
>exclusive from bumblefuck Georgia
You mean just like Gen 4 Glocks?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.