[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good would a hunting rifle be in a home defense situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (44KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 600x332px
How good would a hunting rifle be in a home defense situation?
>>
Better than your fists or a knife, worse than almost anything else
>>
if you plan on bludgeoning them to death, not bad.

otherwise skip it.
>>
It would be great if ever room in your house was a giant hallway with mirrors at the corners
>>
>>32478062
It would be like that part in Shutter Island where DiCaprio is running around clearing rooms with a M1903.
Your main problems would be knocking the barrel into things and working the bolt in case you needed a second shot.
>>
Well one guy uninvited you might be able to handle if you can hit him, just don't miss.

Or if you have a long driveway and see him coming up it then a hunting rifle could be pretty ideal.
>>
I think the biggest problem would be finding hunting rifle ammo that satisfies FBI penetration/expansion standards.
Not a problem if your durr rahful is a .308, but if it's chambered for almost literally anything else the vast majority of your ammo choices are going to be designed to tear a ragged hole in one side and out the other of medium-large game animals.
>>
>>32478062
>can't attach a weaponlight
You're gonna put a .300 Win Mag through your wife's face because you didn't ascertain positive ID.
>>
>tfw my only home defense weapon is an m44 nugget w/ pig gutter
>>
>>32478062
Attach a bayonet to the front and your golden

Also empty the fire chamber, put your gun on safe, make sure that your rifles magazine is empty. Then you should carry your gun in your home and start learning how to clear corners.
Test different scenarios on were an intruder might have entered your home. On optimum positions that you can take.

Next i want you to go to a target practice location and practice your reload speed [bolt action cocking is what i mean].

Finally practice your bunting and your lunging with your rifle.
>>
not but better than nothing
>>
File: fix-bayonets[1].jpg (603KB, 1000x622px) Image search: [Google]
fix-bayonets[1].jpg
603KB, 1000x622px
>>32478062
>>
>>32479492
Nothing wrong with that. Hoseclamp a flashlight to it and you'll be fine.
>>
>>32478062
Better than no gun at all.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHxOdqepl8

damn fine son
>>
Don't miss. You will be sending a bullet through your neighbors house and the house after that if you do.
>>
>>32480818
Also you will be deafening yourself. Full power rifle cartridge + enclosed space.
>>
>>32480818

>Do this
>Neighbours return fire with AR
>Penetrates your walls just enough to kill the invader but not you
>Share beers and suck **** with them.
>>
>>32480836
>not keeping plugs and muffs on your bedside table
>>
Use soft points please
>>
Depends on where you live, im pretty rural so over penetration isnt a concern for me.
Also they do make semi auto "hunting rifles" so there's not much difference between them and a battle rifle besides capacity. are they ideal? no, will they work? yes.
also like an anon in this thread already mentioned, it will most likely kill your ears. to death.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.