[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys Im going to be moving up to Portland, Oregon from LA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 23

File: Old-Town-Deer-Sign-300x200.jpg (34KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Old-Town-Deer-Sign-300x200.jpg
34KB, 300x200px
Just wanted to know how the gun scene is there.
The LA gun scene is shit and Im hoping it'll be a lil better.
>>
getting worse and worse because of Calitards leaving Cali and voting for the same dumb shit that made Cali bad.
>>
From majorly cucked to still significantly cucked. Congrats.
>>
>>32476483
Fucking liberals
That sucks
>>
Well, besides universal background checks, there aren't really any significant gun laws. No magazine bans, no assault weapons bans, no NFA restrictions like CA or (formerly) WA.
>>
>>32476513
Thats actually pretty rad. Know any good places near Portland to shoot once i get up there.
>>
>>32476459
Portland is LA with more rain and flannel.
>>
>>32476579
Well at least there will be trees and grass not like this shithole concrete desert I live in
>>
>>32476459
>California

We don't want you shitting up our state any worse than it is.

t. Oregonian
>>
>>32476728
I come seeking peace and 30 round non bullet button cuck AR's. Will you not accept me my brother?
>>
>>32476752
Come to Eugene. Its less shitty in terms of the hipster, weed smoking, liberal fucks to normal people ratio. And its cheaper to live here, and the girls are better looking due to UO.

Ill take you shooting at all the goos spots.

>>32476728
Bro, gun friendly Califags are not the enemy, its the blue voter Califags that are.
>>
>>32476459
>gun scene
>scene
You need to rid yourself of the urbanite mentality, you fucking hipster. We don't need more faggots in Portland.
>>
File: noslings.jpg (865KB, 2400x1827px) Image search: [Google]
noslings.jpg
865KB, 2400x1827px
Portland is strange though, if you can't hide your power level you'll get strange rooms.

>>32476483
No, it's getting worse because locals are being born in blue cities. Californian immigrants are less than 1% of the population.

>>32476568
There are two or thee indoor ranges in Portland. Place To Shoot is fine. There's one in Vancouver which is really nice called SafeFire, with minimal bullshit rules. Other than that you need to go pretty far outside the city to shoot rifles. Tillamook National Forest to the West or Mount Hood National forest to the East are free to do anything you want. Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and Tri County Gun Club offer nice facilities and regularly scheduled events, but are both about an hour's drive from Portland.

>>32476728
Did you forget what board you were posting on, Cletus? Or did your parents beat you over the head with that for 18 years because they were too stupid to see the changing political climate?

Californian come Oregonian here voting to restore muh liberties.
>>
>>32477703
Thanks for the recommendations dude. Ill have to check those out. I live in the city so Im used to driving out into the desert to have some fun so the drive to the forest wont be too bad.
>>
>>32477703
You don't live where the Californians move to, do you.
>>
>>32479298
English Pit is another place to shoot rifles in the city, I usually go there to set zero's.
>>
File: clopping is rad.jpg (1MB, 2600x1566px) Image search: [Google]
clopping is rad.jpg
1MB, 2600x1566px
>>32479596
I lived in Portland for 6 years, now I live in Gresham.

So yeah, I do and did.
>>
>>32476459
>LA gun scene
You hipster faggot. Portland is perfect for you.
>>
>>32476459
Honestly, you probably came at a bad time. Democraps hold majorities in the state legislature so they're going to pass a bunch of shit like magazine bans, expanding the definition of domestic violence, removing the 3 day default proceed on gun sales, etc.
>>
>>32476513
WA still doesn't allow MGs, SBSs and AOWs.
>>
>>32476483
It's terrible, I moved recently to the Portland area, I'm waiting for my state ID to show up so I can finally buy a gun.

I assume voting in Oregon is the same as voting in California, Vote Red for everything since it's better than anything what the Dems have been doing
>>
File: IMG_6970.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6970.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>32476459
>moving to Portland to get away from CA gun control
What?
That's like wanting to escape tyranny and find true freedom by fleeing from North Korea, but then deciding to go to china. It's better, but not by enough. Not to say Oregon is bad, but Portland? Come on.
What is it with you SoCal folk needing to live in city areas?
>>
>>32481041
Pretty much, though vote-by-mail is very nice.

Dennis Richardson became the first republican since 1980 to get the Secretary of State position from Dems, so maybe it's a sign that things are going to get better?
>>
>>32481055
>Not to say Oregon is bad

Oh, things are going to get bad here in 2017.
>>
>>32476459
Decent laws for now. When you get in make sure you gather up all the freedom boxes you want as those are currently on our governors agenda. No word on looming AWBs but since Bloomberg has bought half the legislature over the last couple years someone will probably have a go at it in the next couple years. The state is legit red 30 feet outside of the Portland metro with the exception of the college towns. Lots off woods to inna. Lots of great gun loving peeps.
>>
>>32481055
I dont have a choice dude. I am going up there to live with family while I go to Portland state

>>32481041
Yeah I usually vote conservative especially when it comes to the 2nd Amendment

>>32480999
Well that sucks but while Im there I'll do what I can to support the opposition to the liberal bullshit like that
>>
>>32481107
Damn sound like you governor likes to stomp all over the constitution like Jerry brown.
By the sound of it there seems to be a lot of great places to shoot and knowing there's others where Ill be going that love freedom is cool too
>>
>>32481112
I honestly wouldn't be too upset over the mag ban, more likely than not the one they're going to introduce will allow grandfathered magazines. You can just go out of state to bring them in or modify one that have the rivet keeping the follower from going down a certain distance back into Hi Caps.

I live in Medford (which is pretty much NorCal) and the police in my area said they weren't going to try and bother to enforce new gun regulations. However, your mileage may vary since you're in Portland and police there generally seems to support that kinda stuff.
>>
>>32481206
A little trick I picked up from my dad is buying the AR mag shells off brownells and just getting the rebuild kits. Throw it together and you got a G.I 30 rounder.
Yeah I live in ventura and our sheriff is very much a constitutionalist and from the one deputy that I used to go hiking with said they really dont want to enforce the new regulations. Its funny how even the law enforcement officers dont wanna deal with the libtard bullshit
>>
>>32481253
What're rebuild kits?
>>
>>32481301
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-kits/ar-15-m16-usgi-30rd-magazine-rebuild-kit-prod71738.aspx
>>
>>32481168
Fuck jerry brown and HOLY FUCK fuck gavin newsom who will most likely take governor seat
>>
>>32481253
I thought ca banned incoming sales of rebuild kits?
>>
>>32477703
Tricounty is nearly impossible to get into without a three year wait. Sa,e with the Canby gun club.
>>
"Hey guys Im going to be moving up to Portland, Oregon from LA"
I'm so fucking sick of hearing this
>>
>>32481041
You need a state ID? Can't just buy with a passport and utility bill?
>>
>>32482959
Then plug your ears, child.
>>
>I'm soooo done with L A
>my cousin moved to Portlandia and she says its, like, hella chill there
>legal weed woooo

fuck this state, im moving to idaho
>>
>>32481112
> while I go to Portland state
guns will be the least of your concerns.
Good luck not stabbing a nigga.
>>
>>32485041
Stay away. We're at maximum faggot outsider capacity.
>>
>>32481206
>I honestly wouldn't be too upset over the mag ban, more likely than not the one they're going to introduce will allow grandfathered magazines. You can just go out of state to bring them in or modify one that have the rivet keeping the follower from going down a certain distance back into Hi Caps.
And this is the type of shitty mindset that made California into a Leftist gun control wonderland.

Fuck you by the way.
>>
PDX native here.
We /k/-ish people are around, but as some other anon said, you gotta hide your power level in Portland and Eugene, lest you be crucified by "tolerant, progressive liberals."

Also, if you want a CHL in Multnomah county, they drag that shit out as long as possible.
Took me 5 months to get mine, because our sheriff is an anti-gun shitsucker.
>>
>>32481349
Those are gonna be banned too.
>>
>>32483712
>Can't just buy with a passport and utility bill?
You need a state issued ID with your date of birth, picture, and current address.
>>
>>32486875
>Took me 5 months to get mine, because our sheriff is an anti-gun shitsucker.
>be living in Clackamas County
>went to the Sheriff's Dept
>10 mins later, walked out with my spanking new CHL
>>
File: fucked.jpg (227KB, 1168x768px) Image search: [Google]
fucked.jpg
227KB, 1168x768px
I guess I'll mention it here, Oregon is a mandatory arrest state, when it comes to domestic calls. If they are called, someone is going to jail. And since you can't jail people without charges, they will build any case they can and pursue it.
It happened to me, and in addition to a fuckton of classes and costs, etc., they hit you with the VAWA to strip your of guns and sharpened spoons for years, if not life.
In before wife-beater(not the case at all), but it happened to me.
>>
Whole west coast is dead. Thankfully there are tech jobs everywhere now so I'm not stuck there. Hopefully it all slides into the ocean.
>>
>>32486909
Yup, I know. County border is 1 zip code away from my property, and I was like "whyyyyy?!!"
>>
>>32476579
No it's not.
>>
>>32486860
Please, I beg you to show even fledgling proof that Californian immigrants are the cause of Oregon's democratic majority.

Please. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt to de-humiliate yourself.
>>
>>32487451
I was born in Oregon. California is this states destruction. Go back to your safe zone...
>>
>>32487683
>proof
>>
>>32487706
Go get pegged by Kate browns dildo, fag.
>>
>>32487706
You want some magic study. Just like you democucks. You can't accept the fact I have seen the influx of liberalism and it's retarded effects on freedom.

I don't care to argue this. Fuck you, that's what's up.
>>
Its terrible just god awful, I wouldn't move here OP
>>
File: eneffay.jpg (567KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
eneffay.jpg
567KB, 1200x1800px
>>32487765
No you dumb turbohick, I want statistics. Like this:
>Oregon population: 4,028,977
>Five-year average Oregon voter turnout: 63.58% of total population
>2,561,657 voters in Oregon this year
>average of 12,840 Californian transplants per year, over five years
>63.58% of which is 8,164 new California voters per year

>eight thousand one hundred sixty four out of two million five hundred sixty one thousand six hundred fifty seven voters are freshly Californian
>every year 0.32% more Californians vote in Oregon
>zero point three two per cent
>considering p < .05 (less than five percent equals zero statistical difference) then 0.32% means literally statistically less than zero percent of Oregon voters are Californian

And that's not even taking into account people like me who are NOT voting like typical Californians, or Californians who are not voting at all. Sometimes I really love my 'tism.
http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/electionhistory.aspx
http://www.census.gov/dataviz/visualizations/051/508.php

Now shut the fuck up about the laughable concept of 0.23% influencing our entire state and kill yourself you degenerate, inbred, backwards, intolerant, cynical, useless millennial imbecile.
inb4 mad
It's so much more satisfying to be mad and extremely correct than to be unfathomably stupid and wrong. End yourself.
>>
>>32488363
Good to see actual statistics because gun owners are such pussy ass defeatists. Only the slightest hint that the anti-funs are moving into the state and they want to run away with their tail between their legs. I see it here in Nevada all the time, these spineless alarmist shitheads need to realize that every vote counts and fleeing to texas isn't going to broaden gun rights.
>>
>>32488363
fucking BTFO

inb4 .gov sites are fake news
>>
>>32479748

Boring/gresham here. Do you know where that spot is up at wildcat?
>>
>>32481063

Kate brown say anything about gun control?
>>
>>32487683
I concur.
I'm old enough to remember when Portland and other places were still isolated and genuine.
Kids and outsiders will never get it, because they never knew.
>>
File: Forest 1.jpg (923KB, 2600x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Forest 1.jpg
923KB, 2600x1227px
>>32488537
Yeah, pic related.

I used to go there until I membered up at DRRC.

Funny story, a Sheriff showed up at my door one day with photos of my car, me, and my friend carrying guns and ammo boxes. I guess there was a game cam there to catch shooters who ignore the "NO SHOOTING" signs, because those logging roads are private property. Sheriff asked me to stop shooting there with a chuckle and left.
>>
>>32488363
People always tell us Califags to stay in our own shit state... but the reality is if we're leaving because we admit it's shit then we'd hardly want to vote in ways that'd turn our new homes into shit too. I'm sure the majority of people who move out of CA are reds.
>>
>>32488363

>>32487765
>>32487683
>>32486860
>>32482959
>>32476728
btfo
>>
File: goldenpioneercloseup[1].jpg (98KB, 328x517px) Image search: [Google]
goldenpioneercloseup[1].jpg
98KB, 328x517px
>>32487451
Reagan won Oregon in 1980 and 1984.
And People not from Oregon, do not get Oregon. They come here because it's not like home, and in turn, make it like their home.
Fuck them. Stay away. We are hardy stock, and you are not.
>>
>>32476483
It's not all bad.

They were too scared to put any anti-gun legislation up this year in fears of bolstering Trump support.

Still have majority republicans in Senate/House State legislatures.

Once you get outside Portland metro it turns into Red country really quick.
>>
>>32488640
Learn to read. This has been the source of your bigotry from the start.
>>32488363
>>
>>32488618
I should also mention for people like
>>32487765
all the libcucks you're seeing in your states are most likely not actual califags. They're everyone else who wishes they lived in CA and want to be true blood hipsters but, in reality, are just worse knock off versions. CA breeds some pretty gross liberals but at least we have authentic ones. Our lowest tier libcucks have more class and culture than your subhuman wannabes.
>>
>>32488659
Negate that. My faggot ass is drunk and cant read graphs. Dems still don't have super majority.
>>
File: 200805_colleenasper_img_1[1].jpg (79KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
200805_colleenasper_img_1[1].jpg
79KB, 350x500px
>>32488659
I love it here, S. of PDX. We can manage the state and local Dems. Shit, I even voted for a federal one. He's my guy for alerting us to NSA snooping and other civil right issues.
But we're full. Our remaining 'culture' is at stake now. Even liberal Portland used to have a very DIY lumberjack hippie attitude. Now it's vape bars and heritage cheese.
>>
>>32488716
>Now it's vape bars and heritage cheese.
Which is non-califags having California envy

Don't blame CA because your retards wish they were born in our cuck state.
>>
>>32488572

Lel

But i was in the northwest firearms fourm and they have cordinates to a legit gun spot on wild cat. Shitty thing is tho it fits like only two or three people. Its small as shit
>>
File: 330px-OregonTribes.jpg (32KB, 330x325px) Image search: [Google]
330px-OregonTribes.jpg
32KB, 330x325px
>>32488663
Why would I read your shit? I hate you and want you to understand how much hatred the average Oregon native has for people from CA and the East.
We fucking are not friendly people. Notoriously so. Second only to New Englanders.
Beat it. The first real rainy season usually wipes all the scum off the streets, but I can't count on it at this late stage.
Really. Listen to the majority of natives. You are not welcome.
>>
>>32488748
Pass. We don't even like to visit.
>>
>>32488761
Okay. Doesn't mean I'm not right.
see
>>32488363
>>
>>32488751
>baseless hatred
lol what a sorry ass life you lead maybe you should move to california to be with the mexicans who bite the hand that feeds them
>>
>>32486960
Say that again
>it happened to meeee
So the fuck what? It happened to YOU
That's not what happens 90% of the time
>>
>>32488770
I'm sorry.
Not all Californians.
I just really want to stress that we're a unique little microcosm. I wouldn't be surprised if natives have unique DNA, because our forefathers ran as far from civilization as they could, only to be stopped by an ocean. Many people here still have that pioneer attitude, and hatred of "the cultured" that can't seem to stay in their own culture.
>>
>>32488785
On a domestic call? Look it up. Oregon is a mandatory arrest state, and federal VAWA does the rest.
>>
>>32488751
>all thing angst and edge
wew, and you call us Califags bad.
Literally lmao'ing at you senpai

I was just in Seattle's airport a month ago for my fathers funeral (we were headed to ID) and me and my brother were sitting in a bar. Two, "hipster" chicks sat at our table which was more like an island and they were facing us. They were wearing flannels, beanies, those black legging/pant/jean things and were basically just dressed as hipsters. Most of the conversation was just us asking about WA/OR and the types of people that live around there. They told us the people there basically sucked and are mean and only pretend to be nice. They also talked shit on hipsters (which is ironic because they were trying to come off as them).. one of them even told us about some, "lowkey" hole in the wall bar that played reggae music. Fucking REGGAE. Dear lord I almost laughed out loud.

Yeah, California breeds some pretty bad liberals, and most modern liberal culture comes from the media which, go ahead and guess, comes straight from California.

But really most cucks born in CA stay in CA because it's nice here (unless you like guns). The reality is the people who are shitting up your shitty coastal states are people who wish they lived in CA but probably can't afford to. You're lesser, lower class citizens. Further proven by the fact that you refuse to open your eyes to the truth. The truth that it's not, "muh CA immigrants" but really just your own boring, culture-less, mindless retards who want to copy our culture. Fucking Hollywood, for Christ's sake. California dreaming? If you're not one of us, you wish you were. If you don't you're lying. Everyone in the US wants to live in CA, but can't because they can't afford it. Most of us can't even afford it.

tl;dr you're fucking retarded
>>
File: 1481505872982.gif (29KB, 424x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481505872982.gif
29KB, 424x200px
>>32488851
>They told us the people there basically sucked and are mean.
This is what I've been trying to tell you. So don't come here. tl;dr
>>
>>32488813
I don't think you are getting me, I've lived in Oregon for 28 years and have witnessed/experienced many domestic calls and have never seen someone arrested. Even with guns weed and alcohol present, so fuck right the fuck off
>>
>>32488876
Fascinating
"One of the greatest problems in Oregon Domestic Violence cases comes from false allegations and the requirement of arrest. While the law is well-meaning, its actual effect is incredibly broad and invasive. Under Oregon Revised Statute 133.055(2), if the police respond to a “domestic disturbance” and have probable cause to believe that either 1) an assault has occurred; or 2) one person has placed the other in fear of imminent serious physical injury, then “The officer shall arrest and take into custody the assailant or alleged assailant.”
>>
>>32488751
You could improve your whole world view by simply reading nine lines of easy-to-digest, factual statistics, backed up by government sources.

Or you could just go on blindly hating everyone without any logical reason and pass that sentiment onto your children just like happened to you.

Your resistance to reality is staggering.
>>
>>32488889
>>32488889
Sure but doesn't play out like in real life. Unless an obviously phisical altercation occurred, they just make someone leave
>>
>>32488943
You act as though I've never met a NY or CA transplant.
I'm just going to wrap it up on my end and stress that we are unfriendly people doing our own thing and would rather you stay away.
>>
>>32488982
You don't really know.
"2) one person has placed the other in fear of imminent serious physical injury"
is all it takes. "She said"
>>
>>32488991
>we are unfriendly
can you stop lumping normal people in with your fucked up xenophobic bigot circle? the rest of this state doesnt wake up angry like you kid

t. the entire rest of the state
>>
>>32489001
That shit doesn't matter. If "she said" they'd say ok guy leave for the night till she sobers up
>>
>>32489012

>“The officer shall arrest and take into custody the assailant or alleged assailant.”
“The officer shall arrest and take into custody the assailant or alleged assailant.”
Would you just fuck off.
>>
>>32486871
This. I'm also in Medford and fuck that other guy. This is how we got UBCs.
>>
>>32489005
>your fucked up xenophobic bigot circle
Is this bait?
You guys... Okay, where's the camera.
>>
File: 1478241365553.gif (2MB, 384x372px) Image search: [Google]
1478241365553.gif
2MB, 384x372px
>>32488991
>we are unfriendly
>OR/WA fag thinks he knows what unfriendly is
toppest of keks my friend!
Try taking a stroll through some ghetto parts of SoCal and tell me what unfriendly is.
>>
>>32489160
>calls person fag
>posts japanimation humorous collectors girl
no thanks
>>
>>32476459
Fucking white flighters piss me off!

>Whoops let my state get destroyed by third worlders, better move to another and let the same thing happen

Stay in your shitholes of California, Michigan, and Illinois. You made your bed now eat it.
>>
File: CcBlEvsUcAAyI5j.jpg (75KB, 743x589px) Image search: [Google]
CcBlEvsUcAAyI5j.jpg
75KB, 743x589px
>>32489183
Wow you sure showed me! :^)
>>
>>32489183
>fag
I wish newfriends would learn.
>>
File: ron_paul[1].jpg (30KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
ron_paul[1].jpg
30KB, 500x323px
>>32489215
Thanks for the gangs, BTW. That's another thing I forgot about the benefits of CA transplants. Never had a gang other than the Jokers before the 90s or so. And thanks for protecting our southern exposure from the brown mass.
God damn I fucking hate you guys. We should cut off your power and cancel any water.
>>
>>32489250
I aint nu!
It's nothing. I usually just say anon.
>>
>>32489261
>it's another, "CA is useless!" guy
And what, my friend, does your great state provide for our country?
>>
>>32489261
CA visitors pay a massive entry fee, get fitted with an explosive collar, and get back by midnight or 'pop.'
Idaho and Washington anons are more than welcome. We know you like it there and will go back.
>>
>>32489298
Eugenics
>>
>>32489353
>tumblr
Get out.
>>
>>32489455
no you
>>
>>32489019
>take into custody, an alleged assailant

Again that may be the law but it doesn't go down like that, they just make them leave
>>
>>32489625
Well, no. Then the officer has not followed the law and can be reprimanded. They arrest because it's the law and they always error on the side of caution, rather than let something occur later, per my attorney.
It happened to me, and most everybody in my DV classes, and it's the law.
What you have witnessed is like, irrelevant, man.

Responding just as an FYI to others.
>>
>>32488851
Hey man, I like life in Ohio just fine.
>>
>>32476459
>The LA gun scene is shit and Im hoping it'll be a lil better.

It's better, but we do have a governor who's actively hostile towards gun rights.

>>32488556
She's on board with New York politics, including muh magical high capacity murder gun death magazines needing to be banned.

>>32488363
>>32488443
>>32487451

People bitching about California are actually complaining about a broad issue where someone living in an overpriced shit hole like San Francisco, LA, Dallas or New York City sells their closet, buys two houses in Portland (Or Bend, or Eugene), and posts the second on airBnB. The net result is that we have a growing homeless issue, people can't afford homes, and if you got fucked in the recession your home you probably had to short sell for, say, 40,000 bucks is now worth more like 200,000. After my father sold his old property in the span of about 10 years it more than doubled in value because the neighborhood went from drug addicts to hip in about a decade.

And this has actually been going on for over 30 years at this point. Since 1990 we've added about a million new people to the state. In the last few years Oregon has been the most popular state to move to in the US. It's not just Californians(TM) but they are none the less part of the problem, and they just happen to be the one people have been bitching about going back decades.

>No you dumb turbohick

Oregon's dirty secret is that with the exception of a handful of excellent educational facilities- OHSU, OSU, U of O, George Fox, OIT, etc- Oregon's education system sucks. It produces ill educated, unskilled and low skilled labor. Most job growth going back 40, 50 years has all been in predominantly white collar jobs, while the bread and butter blue collar jobs have been evaporating, including the timber industry. 30, 40 years ago you could get away with that, but we've added a million people since then.
>>
>>32481107
Even Salem is Republican
>>
>>32486871
I like how you're implying that I didn't call/write/testify in front of the legislature against UBCs. I did.
>>
I just moved to OR from CA, and when I tell people I'm actually from CA, no one seems to give a shit. I see a lot of dog shit on my lawn, and at first I thought that maybe people are doing this becuase of my CA plates, but when I walked around the neighborhood, it's just that people in this area are just jackasses that don't pick up their dog's shit. Almost everyone has a dog, and everyone's lawn is full of shit. I guess they think becuase it's an HOA community and the lawn is taken care of by the HOA, they don't have to clean up the lawn.

Maybe I don't see upfront animosity becuase I'm Asian, and they don't want people to think of them as racist instead of hating me becuase I'm moving from CA. Or maybe they can only show their hate online behind anonymity.

I've gotten a few actual racist experiences here though, both times they assumed I didn't speak english and insulted me behind my back. Not directed at me, but I just happened to hear them. Both times they walked away really quickly when I started speaking english with no accent.
>>
welcome to oregon, OP. enjoy your stay.
get a ccw, it now puts you to the front of the background check line.
find a good little gun store and patron it. I won't mention where I work for obvious reasons but Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply is a great place for tactical shit and their prices aren't bad either.
>>
>>32490008
>CCW puts you at number 1 on Oregon FICS

Shit. I didn't know that. Can I just take an online class to fufill the handgun competency requirement for a CCW?
>>
Anyone here go to SOU?
>>
>>32490027
why, yes you can. usually online classes are a bit more expensive than the alternative.

not many people know about that little FICS tidbit, even some of my more retarded coworkers. I've never had to deal because my weird first / last name combo means that I always get instantly approved.

That and buying wayyyy too many guns.
>>
>>32490067
Well that's cool. I saw all the classes online and I wasn't sure if there were scams.

I'm honestly glad Oregon isn't a live-fire state cause I'm a pretty bad shot.
>>
Do you think Oregon will become a direct contact state? There's a bill in the legislature that would make Oregon become a direct contact state with the FBI instead of having the state doing it's own BGCs
>>
>>32490107
a few pointers go a long way towards being a good shot.
The county you live in will determine how easy it is to get a CCW. Clackamas county has really good turnaround time for that kind of thing.
>>
>>32490008
>get a ccw, it now puts you to the front of the background check line.
That's literally a lie.
>>
File: tumblr_n3bns5mnoj1slvjoqo1_1280.jpg (41KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3bns5mnoj1slvjoqo1_1280.jpg
41KB, 600x386px
Guys are making me all nostalgic
>>
>>32490121
Why would the want that and lose out on the BCG fee? I'm sure they passed the law mostly becuase they saw how much CA was able to jew the gun owners there. Millions in surplus from BCG fees diverted to fund other shit.

>>32490153
Well, other people on NWF seem to think that it is the case as well.
>>
>>32490153
wanna bet?
>>
>>32489873
>someone living in an overpriced shit hole like San Francisco, LA, Dallas or New York City sells their closet, buys two houses in Portland (Or Bend, or Eugene), and posts the second on airBnB. The net result is that we have a growing homeless issue, people can't afford homes
Bullshit. Once again it's purely a homegrown Oregon problem, it has nothing to do with Californians.

According to Zillow there were 217,000 homes sold in Oregon this year. You're trying to say that 12,800 people moving from California to Oregon each year are each buying 1,700 houses apiece? 12,800 Californians per year are causing the population to explode? If 12,800 people came from California to Oregon every year from 1990 to 2016 (and the number is actually much smaller back in 1990), that would be 332,800 people directly migrating. Now unless those people are all pairing off in Californian-Californian partnerships and having 100% Californian children, that sounds like hogwash.
>>
>>32490182
>other people on NWF seem to think
>seem to think
>seem
Well shucks, with that kind of proof, I guess they're right
>>
>>32490150
I live in Jackson County. No idea if it's hard or easy to get a CCW here cause I haven't tried nor am I friends with anyone who has a CCW.

And I when I meant by bad shot more meant that I'd probably be really nervous having a instructor watching me trying to hit the target and I'd be under a lot of pressure.
>>
>>32490193
Where did Oregon go so wrong with the liberal problem? Even though Portland is the biggest city in the state it isn't that big to attract the slime here.
>>
>>32490191
You also think that Curt's has good prices, so no, don't bother.
>>
>>32490121
Oh, that guy who's making the bill is a NWF member, he's really butchering it and it's really fucking confusing how it works.
>>
Can you still use your C&R license in this state. I heard SB 941 did something to it that fucked it up and now it's illegal to use.
>>
>>32490200
Well, you seem to be offing compelling evidence to the contrary yourself, yeah?
>>
>>32490231
No. C&R in oregon is only good for in person out of state purchases, getting dealer discounts, and satisfying the CMP firearm activity requirement.
>>
File: perfection.jpg (1MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
1MB, 2400x1600px
>>32490153
It's definitely not.

I just transferred this a couple of weeks ago. When I began the BGC queue, it was 17 people long. 2 minutes later I was second in line with 16 people total. It takes them 3 minutes on average to do one background check, so those people didn't get cleared to make room, I bypassed the line but stayed behind the one other guy on the list who presumably also had a CCW. When I walked out of the shop with my gat, there were 17 people still in queue.

>>32490211
Systemic liberalism is a growing disease, it never recedes unless forcibly removed. People get a taste of that sweet welfare dole, an easy cush life, and it just gets worse from there.
>>
>>32477595
>>32476752
Aside from all you assholes moving to my beautiful state, y'all keep moving to PDX then realizing its shit and invading my city as well.

Please stop.

Though, straight gonna say it is hella fun to watch the Asian kids [because we're a bg college town] touch guns for the first time, considering in China they can't even see guns irl. My Chinese exchange friends had so much fun when I took them to the range.
>>
>>32490213
>I'm too retarded to realize that I'm wrong, the post
>>
>>32476568
Check out the quarry at Browns Camp. It's about an hour away in an off-road park. If you've got a 4x4 there's many days off redneck fun to be had there.
>>
I love my state:
“(Oregon Live) Portlanders apparently upset with the direction of the local housing market are slapping “no Californians” stickers on For Sale signs in the city, real estate agents say.”

“A lot of these homes are going into bidding wars and going over ask price,” Irvine said. “And a lot of these guys are getting outbid. And I think they’re going around to agents who have properties that have sold over ask price and putting anti-California stickers.”
>>
>>32490249
They put in people's information as they go through the queue. Some people get instant approval, some have to wait a little bit more.

They don't go, OMFG HERE'S A CCW HOLDER, GET HIM TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE!!

But it's nice of you to think you're a special snowflake because you have a special state-issued ID.
>>
>>32490272
>I don't have actual proof, I just think I do.

It's easy to go to OSP's website and look at all the details concerning background checks and whatnot. Should be pretty easy for you to find the tidbit there regarding CCW being placed first on the line.
>>
File: DSC08170.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC08170.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
>>32488640
Thissssssss <3 Please stfo of my lovely state. I am watching it fall apart and my town turn into a city as it is. This is horrible.
>>
>>32489873
>Most job growth going back 40, 50 years has all been in predominantly white collar jobs, while the bread and butter blue collar jobs have been evaporating, including the timber industry. 30, 40 years ago you could get away with that, but we've added a million people since then.

Timber recovered somewhat this year. But its definitely a shade of it's former glory.

Tech and finance is propping up Portland's economy. The moment the stock market bubble pops, and these companies decide to relocate to cheaper markets this whole house of cards comes down.

Portland should be on their knees kissing Trump's feet he is making relocate/offshoring difficult to do.
>>
>>32489728
How long have you lived in Oregon? This is said from experience, I understand you've experienced the opposite, but you've seen it once, I've seen it go the other way over and over my whole life
>>
>>32489728
Ps. Who the fuck is gonna report an officer for not enforcing an unjust law?
>>
>>32488659
Nigger, they DID put up anti-gun legislation this year. Jennifer Williamson introduced a bill to get rid of the 3-day default proceed on sales and make it indefinite. Jeff Barker didn't allow it out of the senate and she made it 10-days instead. It passed the House and died in the Senate only because Peter Courtney wouldn't allow it to cause it was an election year.

More likely than not it will pass this year since they only lost one seat in the Senate.
>>
>>32476728
Washington, Oregon, Nevada and Arizona are Californian clay.
>>
>>32490193
I like how your lack of reading comprehension made you think he was only talking about California.
>>
>>32490633
You missed the part where he said it was a homegrown problem.

You think all the green haired gauge eared hipster faggots in Portland and Eugene are all born out of state?
>>
>>32490687
You missed the part where he was talking about the housing market, which is not being squeezed by green haired gauge eared hipster faggots.
>>
>>32488363
Apparently you missed the part where I said fuck you, that's what's up.

Again, fuck you keyboard warrior.
>>
>>32490345
call them tomorrow and ask. they're really quite friendly, and hopefully you won't have to wait through their "totally rad" hold music for too long
>>
>>32490433
Talk to my lawyer. I know the law is no less that 6 years old:
"It is the second part of this statute that causes great concern. Essentially, what this means is that, in Oregon, if one person calls the police and says that the other person frightened them, then the police must arrest that other person. This is true even if there has been no physical altercation. All it takes is an allegation.
Clearly, this law is designed to spur police action, and to err on the side of caution. While this is an understandable sentiment, the Oregon Domestic Violence Mandatory Arrest law is subject to flagrant abuse. Imagine a situation where two people have an argument, as happens in many relationships. If one of the partners decides to escalate the situation by calling the police, and tells police that the other party was threatening them, then the other party will be arrested.
And, as the statute makes clear, it will be an arrest. The police will not just separate you, or give you a ticket. They will put you in handcuffs and take you to jail. If you are arrested, or you know someone who is in this situation, it is strongly recommended that they speak to an attorney as soon as possible."
http://www.pdxdvguide.com/
>>
>>32490838
Horrible. Sorry you had to deal with bs such as that.
>>
>>32490857
It sucked, and still sucks. And I was the one that called 911 because I was trying to leave and she was restraining and chasing me.
Never call 911, or fuck crazy
>>
>>32490890
Society has lost all balls. The days of just saying "they had it coming" and leaving the scene are over.

If it's not a conviction, investigation, or restraining order, you will need to still get the police report sealed. It's fucking retarded, but it will clear shit up. It's like let's say you got arrested and the charges got dropped. Do have a smooth BG check done you will need to seal the charges and arrest.
>>
>>32490838
Lawyer not necessary, this is from first hand accounts brother, the most recent was less than 2 months ago, they just make someone leave
>>
>>32491003
Record of arrest isn't good, but it's not a no go on bgc
>>
>>32491003
There's the rub. Even though the law requires them to make an arrest, it's unconstitutional to arrest people without charge.
So they charge you with a stack of shit, and prosecute, even if the "victim" isn't interested. Generally, people are so terrified of the potential sentence, that they take a plea, the DV industry gets a new client...
I'm getting upset. It's been years, but it still stings.
>>
>>32491339
what county?
>>
>>32481058
hopefully, I hope this Oregon move works out because I have no where else to go if it doesn't.

Currently unemployed, my car won't start and I'm trying to find a good trade school in the area so I can finally get my life started and earn money to buy more guns and ammo
>>
>>32491424
Roger that. Just confirming w/gf, she was charged even thoug the victim didn't want to peruse charges, but there were many witnesses as it took place at a bar. So I hear where you're coming from, I guess I am skilled at talking to the pigs...
>>
>>32491432
Oregon
>>
>>32491432
Sorry man, I read COUNTRY
I'm talking about lane, Lincoln and Douglas counties
>>
>>32491455
My situation was a little unique, because she really wanted me out of the way and lied like a rug. Long story.
>>
>>32491465
Okay, Mulder.
If it's Multnomah or Marrion, they follow the letter of the law, and somebody is going to jail if there is a claim of "fear."
>>
>>32491479
lol
no problem, ignore any snarky response
>>
>>32491521
No worries /kommando, hope you can get through that bullshit. Once you're in It's way too ducked up. Luck to ya brother
>>
>>32491549
thanks. it's all over now, other than expunging my record, if I can.
I even get along with the bitch.
>>
>>32491689
Truth man, me too. Bitches here fuckin crazy but they always dtf, lol
>>
>>32490811
>I said something totally stupid that I can't back up, so it's your job to prove me wrong!

No wonder you shop at Curt's. Or even yet, work at Curt's.
>>
File: californian.jpg (414KB, 1436x1423px) Image search: [Google]
californian.jpg
414KB, 1436x1423px
I was born and raised in Oregon, have ancestors who came over on the Oregon Trail, and all my family lives there, but the constant influx of faggots from other parts of the country telling me what my home state was all about because they read about it in a fucking magazine all while raising the cost of living to such astronomical levels that I'd never be able to afford a decent home without at least an hour commute one way made me so angry that I had to leave before I went tactical bowlcut on a vegan restaurant. I resettled in a flyover state and it's honestly pretty great besides people talking like retards and putting too much salt on the roads. Sometimes I think I miss Oregon until I read threads like this. Btw, there's no less than 5 gun ranges within 10 miles of me and I live in a shall issue state so my CCW was $20 and a 15 minute wait.
>>
>>32481017
AoW's are allowed IIRC.

Note that SBR's are allowed for some reason. Would have thought that it'd go through together as a package deal.
>>
>>32486875
How long ago did you do yours? I got mine in Multnomah maybe four years ago as an out of stater, and just renewed it this summer. No problem either time.
>>
>>32486875
>Took me 5 months to get mine, because our sheriff is an anti-gun shitsucker.
I hate Mike Reese; that shitstain would have enforced an AWB.
>>
>>32481041
t. retard
Independent or Libertarian is the only option, but you wouldn't know that you Califag /pol/tard
>>
>>32494270
Hypocritical.
>>
>>32493773
You have to be 18 to be on here.
>>
>>32488851
No you massive faggot
The natives in Oregon are not fucking hipsters
The hipsters come from places like California where living the hipster lifestyle is a dream
If you were from here, you'd know that you're more likely to encounter natives from an ass-poor background than well-to-do

>Everyone in the US wants to live in CA
Fuck your shitty water-wasting pompous desert with "muh popular vote"

>The reality is the people who are shitting up your shitty coastal states are people who wish they lived in CA but probably can't afford to. You're lesser, lower class citizens.
You don't know shit about them you retarded califucknian
>>
>>32490193
Did you even read what I wrote? Here, let me help you out.

>People bitching about California are actually complaining about a broad issue where someone living in an overpriced shit hole like San Francisco, LA, Dallas or New York City

Since 1990 the state has added a million people, and most urban centers were caught completely unawares and unready to deal with the influx of demand. Oregon is THE state to move to- more people are moving to Oregon than any other state in the union, and they're often flooding the market with cash because they sold their homes in another formerly trendy urban center like San Francisco to do it. Portland also has one of the lowest vacancy rates in the country and one of the highest demand housing markets, and unlike, say, LA there are very real Urban Growth Boundaries that prevent the city from becoming a suburban sprawl hell.

The long and short of it is that you have a large population of unskilled / trained / ill educated people who thrived because historically Portland was the un-city. And yes, such rapid change pisses people off.

>>32490311
I actually have a college friend who took over a year to finally cement a home loan on a house because he was inevitably bid way the fuck out, and it was typically someone out of state.

>>32490376
>Portland should be on their knees kissing Trump's feet he is making relocate/offshoring difficult to do.

Portlanders should be graduating high school- no, this is actually a problem here!- and going to college and getting STEM field degrees. A very real part of why people keep moving to the Portland area is the fact that companies like Intel can't hire the talent they need locally. I will reiterate, with the exception of the collegiate system most of Oregon's public educational facilities are awful. Not Mississippi grade incompetent but pretty damn close.
>>
>>32489967
yeah it's cause you're asian prolly
>>
>>32494298
Oh fuck, you really got me there champ. Nice reply you smog-brained califag.
>>
>>32494378
Why is our education system so bad?
>>
I love seeing PNWers bitch about Californians whether it's justified or not.

t. Washingtonian
>>
>>32494439
WA is PNW.
>>
>>32494419
Mismanagement of funds. Education is Oregon's second largest budget after health care.
>>
>>32494285
>Vote Red for everything
Pragmatically, it's either Dems or Reps, but most of the time the Independent Party or the Libertarian Party hold a better, more barebones position on the issue
>>
>>32494439
Washington is the Pacific Northwest and every Californian here is pure cancer and should be exiled to their commie shithole
>>
File: bigly.jpg (292KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bigly.jpg
292KB, 1600x1200px
>>32494480
Ron Wyden is my only Dem.
>>
>>32494597
I voted Reynolds. You did get the Voters' Pamphlet, didn't you?
>>
>>32494652
I'm committed to Wyden. He's on a lot of important committees and is a tenacious civil liberties watchdog. He was telling us all he could about the NSA years before Snowden.
I also like his foreign policy and non-interventionism.
I think he's a good man, that is sometimes misguided.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (3MB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
3MB, 480x260px
Happy New Year, Native Anons!
THE YEAR IS ONE!
>>
>>32494419
>>32494472

The state treated federal timber money as a slush fund and brokered some legitimately insane retirement packages with the public teacher unions that are now fucking the state in the ass. If you were a teacher in Oregon up till the late 80's or so you probably had a retirement package where you actually made more money retired on PERS than you did if you had kept working.

Net result is that every educational facility that isn't either private, or able to self-fund- University of Oregon only gets about 8% of it's budget from the state, everything else comes from tuition and donation- is complete ass. We're hitting that point where legacy costs are ballooning at a rate where they will consume more of the state's annual budget than actual, current services.

If you have kids or intend to have kids in this state, unless you live in a rich neighborhood, do not send your kids to public schools.
>>
Any anons go/went to Reed? I want to apply there but have a mediocre gpa. Would strong ECs and a great interview get me in?
>>
>>32496860
I graduated High School in 2014, so I guess I'm fucked?
>>
>>32481017
The no full auto is the biggest load of horseshit in Washington. I have an m203 for Christ's sake and HE rounds for it paid all the tax stamps and have my storage and transport equipment, but God forbid I have a full auto rifle to put it on. Makes no sense
>>
>>32496860
>do not send your kids to public schools
Word. My oldest has a kindergarten class of 28. Kindergarten. Ill behaved shit heads, most of them didn't do preschool because that shits crazy expensive here, many of them speak little to no english, all being taught by a teacher who may have failed kindergarten herself. Yes the schools are shit, we actually have the third worst graduation rates in the country, and private schools cost has gone way up with the demand. Last one I looked at was 13k a year with class sizes only slightly better than public.
>>
>>32490193
Bullshit

East Coaster that lived in Portland. SoCal land developers are the biggest cunts by building nothing but trendy shoebox studios and charging $1200+ a pop. Meanwhile, you have almost no vacancies because no single family homes are being built in favor of more studios.

Literally cancer on Oregon. Same fucking SoCal faggots come out here to the East, and bitch about how it sucks, and Cali is so great despite you left it.
>>
>>32498367
Full-auto was actually legal until 1994 when they banned it. I assume that they allowed those that had them before 1994 keep the ones registered to them though.

CT is the same way, no machine guns. However, they were retarded and only targeted select-fire guns. Anything that went from SAFE to FULL was still legal.
>>
>>32498965
I've only lived in WA about four years so I don't know the history on all that. But as soon as I found out destructive devices were ok I started funneling my cash into that. It'sawesome.
>>
>>32496997
Depends on where you live. At the bare minimum if you went to some arm pit high school in say, Gresham, it should have been easy A's.

On the other end, rich neighborhoods like the West Hills and Lake Oswego? Public institutions are mostly fine.

>>32498420
>Last one I looked at was 13k a year with class sizes only slightly better than public.

I'd recommend looking at Catholic schools. Get used to the idea of being, say, Catholic, for a decade. Looking at the school I was at for K-8 tuition today is about 5 grand per student, per year, but if you're not subsidized by your Catholic parish, that figure jumps to 7. That rate seems to be consistent across the Archdioceses of Portland as well, so if the school is under their umbrella, that's the price you pay.

The biggest question for private schools isn't actually class size, but whether or not the teachers actually enforce order.
>>
>>32496997
Only thing that matters is what you are doing now.
Going to college for something decent? Have a good job?
>>
>>32476728
this

Californians can fuck off, you faggots made your bed.
>>
>>32490601
>t. Juan Ramon Gutierrez
>>
>>32500921
>>32488363
>>
>>32476459
Fuck off faggot. We don't need more of your liberal commyfornia shit ruining this area. Stay where you fucking belong you fucking human garbage
>>
>>32476728
Damnit Dipper, you need more red votes.
>>
>>32477595
Are they like the girls from Life is Strange?
>>
>>32481055
I dream of growing corn, is it possible to grow corn in Oregon?
>>
>>32482959
This has been going on since the 80's
>>
>>32476459
heyy! next time im inna portland let's go shooting!
>>
SOCK DREAMS IS BASED OUT OF PORTLAND. politics aside, tht makes it A-OKAY!
>>
>>32500100
Other option for public school is find the high school with the most Asians. I went to a school like that, and it was one of the top few public schools in the state.
>>
>>32488363
This was savage and satisfying to read. Beat duh pussy up anon. Fuck.
>>
File: 1471362938604.jpg (83KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
1471362938604.jpg
83KB, 500x610px
>>32476459
>LA to Portland
>trading one libcuck shithole for another
wew lad
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.