[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

switchblades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1250544719935078571.jpg (21KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1250544719935078571.jpg
21KB, 800x450px
thoughts on switchblades/stilettos more specifically the newer spring assisted variety? Im thinking of getting one and possibly adding it to me EDC so is there any good pros or cons?
>>
File: HPIM0661.jpg (1023KB, 1791x1725px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0661.jpg
1023KB, 1791x1725px
>>32476063
Modern autos and assisted knives are miles ahead of the older leaf spring stilettos. That said, those old ones have a character all their own.
>>
File: HPIM0628.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0628.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>32477152
Hello, my name is Anon and I have a Benchmade problem.
>>
File: HPIM0662.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0662.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>32477152
There is a lot of crap out there. I've collected a few from various third world shitholes.
>>
they're excellent for getting a knife out one handed, but otherwise they're just another pocketknife and you get what you pay for up to about $100, after that you're buying a brand name. Kershaw and Schrade both do a decent automatic on a budget. I personally like the $15 chinese yumcha knives, I don't give a shit if they break and they can be surprisingly good quality, it's a total crapshoot
>>
>>32476063
For EDC you can't beat one of the Kershaw speed safes. Legal almost everywhere. Just as quick and one handed as an auto and if you get into a police situation, nothing of value is lost if it's confiscated.
>>
>>32477164
yea you do but they are quality knives
>>
>>32477178
What's that silver one on the right?
>>
>>32477726
Gravity knife. I think it was Slav shit.
>>
>>32477152
whats the one the second closest to the left.
>>
>>32478469
Italian knock-off. I think I got it in Spain.
>>
>possibly adding it to my EDC
Why? What are they good for other than stabbing someone?
>>
>>32478663
just always liked the design since i was a kid, so im a bit biased i guess but its still something im curious about.
>>
>>32478708
I mean yeah, they're cool as hell, but there's better things to carry. Maybe stick it in your Bug Out Bag.

I've just got some Chinese piece of shit that I got at a flea market for $5. Lock busted a week after I got it.
Makes a great letter opener.
>>
>>32478708
Just carry two blades anon. Something reliable and capable and then carry that as your main piece if only for EDC tacticool wankery reasons. Nothing wrong with having fun
>>
>>32479042
thx anon
>>
>>32477152
No they're not. Knives peaked in technology 80 years ago so by all means keep talking out of your ass.
>>
>>32477164
those OTF benchmades are total wastes. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever those knives should be over $80 tops.
>>
>>32479978
well they did technically peak, the diversity within knives and modifications are always changing. for instance button opened switchblades are in a more plausible place to open in ones pocket. where as the amount of pressure needed to open say a modern knife lowers that risk. so in a sence sure technologically they are on the same plane. but through diversity in ideas they are much different knives in multiple form changing ways.
>>
>>32476063
just buy a decent folding knife and stop being a fucking retard

do you even know anything at all about fighting with a blade?
>>
>>32480059
well its less about being a traditional "EDC" because i already carry two knives ones for more shits and gigs like a switchblade or balisong, ones also for tactical application. so its more or less about replacing the balisong i have right now.
>>
>>32480059
>folding knife
>do you even know anything at all about fighting with a blade?

Apparently you don't.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.