[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grampa has an onld .38 special he recently found that was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: DSC_0308-660x438.jpg (73KB, 660x438px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0308-660x438.jpg
73KB, 660x438px
My grampa has an onld .38 special he recently found that was pretty rusty and beat up. The cylander wont open, when i push the thumb release i feel something moving inside but the cylander wont break open. Any advice?

Pic not related just a stock photo. His model id a hammerless variant
>>
>>32474904
jesus Op. you know i hate when people post shit like this and cant bother to post a picture of the actual fucking thing theyre asking for specific and detailed answers or intructions for.

all ranting aside though. if it were me i would start by soaking the entire thing in a bucket full some kind of gun cleaning solvent. preferably something that wouldnt harm the finish
>>
>>32474904
penetrating oil to get it open, then you can clean the rust off like you normally would
>>
>>32474977
after that, try to field strip it down as far as you can. then throw all the parts and piecs back into a fresh tub of solvent.

wash. rinse. repeat.

as far as actual rust removal, idk.
how fucking bad is it? where did you find it? buried in the ground?
>>
>>32474904
I found my grampas old Smith and Wesson model 36 too. The cylinder can be a bitch on it too but mine was in decent shape when I found it.
>>
>>32475052
all ya'all niggers need jesus christ clean your damn guns. ya csnt just let em sit inna closet for ten years and expect it to not be seized up. fuck sakes
>>
>>32474977
I was dicking with it off hand last night and didnt take any photos. Its been given a liberal coat of oil and tonight when i stop out ill probably cover it in solvent. Problem is my grampas a fudd so he beat on the cylander with a rubber mallet and jabbed at it with a screw driver. Its still got bullets in it as well.

Reckon its probably fucked already since he beat the shit out of it
>>
>>32475089
I cleaned it, and shoot it often my grampa died like 2 years ago, I was just saying opening problem may be common.
>>
File: tmp_4153-1481850451827889407948.jpg (108KB, 914x900px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4153-1481850451827889407948.jpg
108KB, 914x900px
>>32475103
>completely seized up
>still has bullets in it
>banging on it with a hammer
>jabbing it with screw driver
i was worried of this.
i think we'll be reading about your grampa in the next ND stories thread

RIP in pieces OPs grampa
>>
>>32474977
This guy is kind of right. This is a fucking image board. When people fail to post pictures of shit I sometimes wonder if the scenario is real or we are all just playing make believe. I have a kid I do enough of that.
>>
>>32475121
i just picked up a Ruger Security Six recently. thing looked spotless and is in +90% condition.
but the cylindar seem to have just a lttle resistance when opening or closing. and it didnt freespin very fast when in open position.
i stripped the whole thing down and cleaned it and now it opens, closes, spins freely. clean and smooth. way better than when i first got it. even though it didnt look dirty at all
>>
>>32475202
It probably has some resistance so it wouldn't accidentally open while you're carrying it.
>>
>>32475144
My grampa is that guy who buys guns just to buy them. He never shoots ever. And he buys meme shit
>>
Why the fuck can no one in this thread spell cylinder correctly?
>>
>>32475533
posting from phone correct spelling every single word is alot of work.
i try to correct most of the thyme.
>>
>>32474904
oil the shit out of it

let the oil soak in for about an hour

give it a go again.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>32475089
To hell I can't!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.