[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thermal Chopper Killcam - Wut Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

How do you be all revolutionary without you and your companions suddenly getting popped into clouds of red mist by a silent hail of 20mm?

Is there anything you can do to prevent this aside from behaving well and chilling out around civilians all the time? What's the best course of action once you've been spotted? Play dead? Try to surrender to the invisible sky demon? Huddle under a truck and try to summon your inner reptile and get your skin to stop producing heat?

This must be one of the most terrifying scenarios a modern fighter can face.
>>
Unless you have anti-aircraft weapons, there isn't anything you can do.
>>
>>32472896
you can hide under a block of ice
>>
>>32472901
Or a car windscreen
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>32472890
Do you think a chopper pilot would kill you if you did something completely ridiculous and amusing? Like what if instead of running and diving you broke out the Double Dream Hands?
>>
>>32472904
pretty sure you need two car windscreens, one in front and one in back.
>>
Pretty sure that screen cap is from an Apache, which has a 30mm cannon.

Also, cover yourself in mud? Worked in Predator. :D
>>
move while under cover

Cover works until your body heat warms it, so you want to be under cover that is a few feet from you with good cool air ventilation between you.
Dense forest canopy, tarp roof with open sides, buildings for short time or basement for longer term
>>
stay under tree cover and under tarps
>>
>>32472904
>>32472942
>Hey...hey I got movement on the MCFD..
>I..is that a fucking guy walking around with two windshields?
>Oh yeah that's just Carl Carwindows, he thinks we can't see him on the FLIR cause of the tinted film or some shit. We just play along to see how far he lugs those things before he gets tired and takes a nap with that big pillow he's dragging
>>
>>32472890
Technically any attempt to surrender should be honored, but it's hard to see that playing out practically. Wikileaks reported an incident where two guys indicated they wanted to surrender to an Apache and the Apache was advised by their base not to accept the surrender.

Turned out to be a moot point anyway though because by that time the guys had started running away again, and you can't surrender and run at the same time.
>>
>>32472890
Just don't go out in the middle of the night doing suspicious shit in the woods.
Hide IEDs in cars instead of burying them, cars are so common here every convoy would have to pass several no matter what route they took.

It's not like the pilots don't live here, you can attack their families with propaganda, recruit kids.
>Apache gunner smokes his own son and doesn't even know it until the next day.
That only needs to happen once to fuck with everyone's head.
>>
File: 1480659970321.jpg (205KB, 780x840px) Image search: [Google]
1480659970321.jpg
205KB, 780x840px
>>32473015
>Apache gunner smokes his own son and doesn't even know it until the next day.
That's so fucked I love it.
>>
File: flir 01.jpg (96KB, 636x958px) Image search: [Google]
flir 01.jpg
96KB, 636x958px
>>32472991
Carl is correct though.
>>
>>32472890
>Avoid air patrols
>disguise as civilians
>bait them into low altitudes and kill them with small arms, RPGs, MANPADS, 50. cals, etc. Helicopters are pretty fragile.
>clothes to mask heat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIMEVFxxR3I
>hide amongst civilians to use them as a human shield
>sabotage
>kill pilots when they're off duty
>kill pilots when they're on duty
>kill pilots' families
not hard to figure out senpai
>>
File: 1476251193836.png (520KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476251193836.png
520KB, 640x360px
>>32472991
>carl carwindows
>>
>>32472934
I'd like to think you'd get to live. If someone started doing gangnam or something I'd assume they were some super secret spec ops that had infiltrated the group and were trying to signal to me
>>
Ram the apache with a drone
>>
>>32472890
Whoa it's not like service men aren't people either!
Have fun maintaining and flying gunships when half the crew deserts when ordered to fire on civilians.
>>
Eric Freign was on the run for almost 50 days with 4 thermal camera equipped helos after him.
Thermal imaging is not unbeatable.

Cops did capture a family of raccoons in a barn though
>>
>>32472890
Urban hit and run shit, good luck using an attack helicopter in a city. Also worth nothing thermal imaging isn't actually that effective under dense cover like forests, the desert is a different matter. Once you're spotted throw down your weapons and surrender, a prisoner is a burden both economically and politically (e.g. go on hunger strike). Helicopters are also easier to shoot down than you might think if you've got backing from a foreign power for the tech.
>>
>>32473994
>good luck using an attack helicopter in a city

Uh, like they've done for decades now?
>>
Thermal can't see you if you're inna woods.
>>
>>32474275

>Families learn their loved ones were killed
>dey were derrerisds I swër :DDD Gavernment (c) tm keeping you save xDD
>Now you have more active fighters, people supporting them, and people doing recruitment.
>>
>>32473947
It's Frein.

And he ended up screened so it's a non matter. Also, he was found after 40-50 some odd days in the woods, but when photographed after his capture had well kept facial hair? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me........
>>
>>32474291
So you have to choose between being torn to shreds by some faggot in a spinny skycar or being torn to shreds by skinwalkers. Totally an easy choice right?
>>
>>32474303
How many attack helicopters has that taken down?
>>
>>32474275
Yes exactly like that. You know, the same course of events that keeps making more and more terrorists/insurgents.
>>
>>32472934
I would pay to see a platoon of taliban throw down their aks and start doing the bus stop
>>
>>32473005
If you drop your weapons and run you're a noncombatant. That's the same thing.
>>
File: DURKA.jpg (205KB, 1111x983px) Image search: [Google]
DURKA.jpg
205KB, 1111x983px
>>32472890
With all the wars in the middle east are the western world not creating a race of super soldiers via fucked up selective breeding?

Will we see in a hundred years an Arab that is naturally low IR emitting , ability to sense cameras and seek shelter instantly?
>>
>>32474620
Depends entirely what the ROE is.
>>
>>32474620
No you are a fleeing combatant.
You are not hors de combat just because you run.
Only formal surrender of being to fucked up to keep on fighting gets you covered by international law.
Not sure what national laws/regulations the chopper would be under.
>>
don't stay in one place long enough for one to come rape you.
>>
>>32472890

Blanket made out of

Camo fabric - space blanket - insulation - space blanket - camo fabric

Or find a far IR laser (they make them, and I am not talking about near IR like a peq15 I specifically said far IR ) and fry their camera.
>>
>>32472991
Subtle pasta
>>
>>32472890
Sabotage the air base?
>>
>>32474620
>If you drop your weapons and run you're a noncombatant. That's the same thing.

Get a load of this faggot right here.

No seriously, retreating or running is entirely different from surrendering. Retreating is something hostile military forces do all the time with the intent to fight another day. Surrendering is a goodfaith effort to give up and allow yourself to be captured.

See Highway of Death.
>>
>>32474756

Not really practical if you're moving. It'd work to sleep under.

Thing is anything touching your body for more than a few minutes is going to warm up. You'd have to carry something around like a fucking umbrella, and it'd have to be almost a complete dome down to the ground because choppers see you from a relatively low angle (if you only hold it above your head or half your body they'll see your legs).

And even then it only works to keep you from being initially spotted, once they see you any kind of heat shield that doesn't actually blend with your background is going to do jack shit.
>>
>>32475476

Crawl on all fours and make the operator think you're a animal, if they are scanning a large area
>>
>>32475200
Glad someone here isn't a newfag
>>
File: 1482694471156.png (371KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482694471156.png
371KB, 500x600px
>>32472890
set fire to something

like carry lighter fluid or flares FFS
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.