[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that high firm pistol grip doooe Has /k/ommando life ruined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4254.jpg (56KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4254.jpg
56KB, 600x339px
>that high firm pistol grip doooe

Has /k/ommando life ruined movies/shows for you /k/? I seriously wish I could sit on the set of a movie/show just to prevent dumb mediocre shit, hell Id do it for free just the try and change the status quo.

>mfw infinite clipazines
>mfw guns make clicking sounds when brought into view
>mfw glocks make a hammer clicking sound
>ect.
>>
>what is suspension of reality

If you're sitting around pointing out the inaccuracies in a film, tv show, or book you're kind of missing the point.
>>
Being an "Military Command and Tactics" enthusiast has made most games and movies undigested to me.

They might get uniforms, weapons and language right. But things like unit structure, OOB and other similiar things are always completely wrong and immersion breaking for me.

It's quite miserable actually
>>
>>32465644
But minor details really can make a great movie. Consider the firefights and weapon realism of "Lone Survivor" I think it added a great deal of value to the movie.
>weapons not fired on full auto
>reloads!
>>
>>32465673
And "Sicario"

>>32465668
Ya its rough anon.
>>
>>32465644
>what is suspension of reality
A level 18 mage and enchanter spell commonly known as a 'temporary wish'.
Supension of disbelief is what you were talking about.
>>
>>32465673
It didn't save the movie from being shit just like a movie not getting every detail right doesn't make it a shit movie.
>>
>>32465728

It doesn't make it bad, it just makes it hard to suspend disbelief.
>>
>>32465668
That should be fairly obvious even to those who haven't studied anything about the army, considering military tactics in videogames 90% of the time consist of "do whatever lol there's plenty of reinforcements if you get shot down"
>>
>>32465743

Definitely true, but when you start to understand what exactly is so wrong with what you're doing it makes actually doing that harder.
>>
>>32465673
>women
>guns
NOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>32465696

Oops, I'm retarded.
>>
>doooe
Go back to instagram or whatever
>>
>>32465668
>They didn't get my Cock Rank and Arbitrary Homosexual American Military Procedures correct!
>>
>>32465620
Don't watch Narcos then
>>
File: morgan6.jpg (34KB, 435x471px) Image search: [Google]
morgan6.jpg
34KB, 435x471px
>Agent/Police/Etc enters a room.
>Dramatic hammer cocking sound when they slowly turn a corner.
>Glock

Every fucking time.

Runner up is the infinitely-pumped shotgun that never ejects a shell.
>>
>>32465620
>willful suspension of disbelief.
Sometimes it is bad enough to ruin the illusion and that sucks but mostly just go with it.
>>
>>32465673
Surprisingly, John Wick did an amazing job with the shootouts
>He always reloaded when he should have.
>Actually runs out of ammo when he forgets to.

Now granted there was a lot of suspension of disbelief in that movie but its surprising how little bits of reality can make that easier.
>>
The Accountant was surprisingly good.
>>
>>32465795
bruh...
>>
>>32465851
The scene at the end where all the bad guys were shooting into his car took me out of it. There was also a few scenes with the bad guy waiting to get hit but other than it was excellent.
>>
>>32465881
I guess I had such a hard on after the club shootout they could have given him a tank and I wouldn't have given a shit.
>>
>>32465898
Yeah in general it's just a trigger when in a movie they act like a car is some magical shield against bullets, car doors stopping rounds etc.
>>
>>32465933
I liked an episode of Burn Notice when they dissected this a bit while bulletproofing a car with phone books. Something to the effect of "it's not foolproof but because we're dealing with street punks who can only afford 9mm TEK-9s, it'll be enough."
>>
>>32465994
Kek.
>tfw they handload 5.7

>MUH SAM FISHER!
>>
>>32466014
Like most decent shows, Burn Notice overstayed it's welcome and became ridiculous. Even so, I loved the spy school with Michael Weston narrating parts of it.
>>
>>32465620
I wanna fuck deb
>>
>>32466251
join the club
>>
>>32465620
>Pretty much any time guns are used in The Walking Dead
>>
>>32466476
>>
>>32465851
That's because Keanu is a badass operator in real life.

There's videos of him training with Taran Tactical and Tori Nonaka, the dude can operate with the best of em.
>>
>>32466561
ive listened to a couple of interviews and podcast and he seems like just a normal guy. Gotta like that
>>
>>32466476
>chk chk, chk chk
>pointing a gun at somebody, chk not its really loaded lennyface
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.