[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French Foreign Legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (17KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 275x183px
Not sure if /k/ is the right place to ask; but i'll give it a shot.

I've bought a plane ticket heading to France to take a shot at joining the FFL.

I've already have had a short military experience in my country, (BMQ only). I know I can easily pass the physical tests and medical tests the legion will run- but the only step that worries me is the actual interview, is there anything I can say that will boost my chances of being selected? Not planning on lying my way through or anything, I just want to know some basic points I can bring up to increase my chances of being selected. I'm already fluent in french.

Other than that, anyone here in the legion or has had experience in the legion? Some stories would cool and interesting to read up here,

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>32464607

pic of titcket confirmation or gtfo
>>
File: carrie-fisher-3.jpg (412KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
carrie-fisher-3.jpg
412KB, 1280x1024px
>>32464607
>Are you a fugitive from justice?

>Are you a convicted felon?

>Are you currently sought as a witness to any pending criminal court cases?

>Do you secretly have asthma?
>>
>>32464607
"Je rêve de mourir pour la glorieuse France, poser mes pas dans l'ombre du chevalier Bayard et du général Leclerc. Devenir Français par le sang versé et vivre dans ce pays qui m'aura accueilli"
>>
>>32464666

>No

>No, clean as a soapbar/whistle

>No

>No
>>
quick bump before logging for the week
>>
>Have you ever backed down or run away from a fight?
>>
>>32464607
Do you speak French fluently? If not, I feel sorry for you

Also, enjoy being the most expendable of troops. They don't give a shit about the FFL, they aren't spec ops, far more like marines that nobody wants
>>
>>32464607
joining the legion is for retards unless you are a slav.

http://www.contactairlandandsea.com/2009/story_packages/issue1/contact1_mar04_legion.pdf
>>
>>32464698
Are your teeth perfectly white? Because if not, they will reject you for that because they are bunch of pretentious Islamic fucks.
>>
>>32464607
Good god we have these threads weekly.

Might as well make it a fucking general at this point.
>>
>>32464607
you need to be able to speak and understand basic french and especially orders, you also need to learn the french hymn perfectly

if you don't speak french, they are going to teach you, but you are going to be in a world of pain
>>
>>32466132
>unless you are a slav
Elaborate ? I read your PDF thing, but it seems like any retard in the US that has been rejected at MEPS can see this as a viable option, not just Slavs
>>
>>32467105
More like daily.
>>
File: 1478574521058.jpg (173KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
1478574521058.jpg
173KB, 625x505px
>ex-paratrooper from a 3rd world shithole
>physically fit
>will try the FFL in March

Wish me luck /k/omrades. My only goal in life is living a calm life in the 1st world with my family and a bunch of dogs.
>>
>>32467435
What country?
>>
File: sadfrog-is-sad.jpg (166KB, 593x442px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog-is-sad.jpg
166KB, 593x442px
>>32467448
Huezil.

I just want to live peacefully, anon. Take my kids innawoods to hunt and teach them men stuff when they are young and work my ass off for them to be way more successful than anyone in my family ever was in generations.
>>
>>32467473
Oh sweet a BR. How violent is your boot camp? I've heard it can be pretty bad especially so if you were a paratrooper
>>
Download some apps that teach you french and use the shit out of them until the moment you get there. Learn as much french as you possibly can to make life easier. Focus on military ranks and orders and simple commands as well as the alphabet and numbers. Spend every spare moment you have practicing that language.
>>
Also maybe watch some you tube videos in French about the FFL. Every little bit will help. Immerse yourself in the language as much as possible.
>>
>>32467572
>>32467581
I'm not OP but he said right in the fucking OP he's already fluent in French.

OP, good luck, /k/'s rooting for ya.
>>
>>32467329
Well the pdf thing details how this fella didn't back down properly to the russian group, copped a beating and his mate was killed. It reads like its a penal battalion. You would have to be retarded to want to join a penal battalion.

I say slav because the only good reason to join is for a passport.
>>
>>32467490
Even when i was a recruit, i got kicked hard as fuck in the ribs while doing push ups, two of them cracked. But the army is fun as fuck, i also participated in the pacification of the favelas for Rio 2016.

I live in the border with Uruguay, Have experience dealing with at leas -4ºC,
>>
>>32467709
>least

Auto-fix'd.

You guys from /k/ are surprisingly the most friendly anons in 4chan.
>>
>>32464666
>>Do you secretly have asthma?

W-why does this matter anon? I'm one of the fittest people I know. Shit I managed to hide my asthma the whole time I was in the British Army (managed to have an inhaler near to hand most of the time though and usually took a hit before PT). Even did P company.
>>
>>32467709
Well it sounds like you can deal with whatever the FFL throws at you because of training in Brazil.
I had a friend who quit Argentine officer candidacy because of rampant Nepotism, he went to the FFL and said the brutality in training was pretty extreme. After his 5 years he came to the US and joined the Marine Corps, which is where i met him
>>
>>32468036
Good to hear Britain isn't the only country with disgusting nepotism in its officer corps

t. British Army officer
>>
>>32464607

>BMQ

So what's wrong that you couldn't hack it in the Canadian military?

Got some bad news for you senpai, if you don't have the right stuff to serve in our godforsaken armed forces, the FFL will chew up your bitch ass and spit you out raw.
>>
>>32464666
Ugly feet.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.