[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you purchase after new CA gun laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: m1a green.png (212KB, 1200x250px) Image search: [Google]
m1a green.png
212KB, 1200x250px
Calibros, what rifle would you consider purchasing now that there are stricter gun laws? I have a friend that bought a Springfield M1A just before people voted for the new laws. Can CA residents still purchase that rifle under the new laws?
>>
Yes. You can buy any semiautomatic rifle that does not have more than one banned feature. If it has a bullet button, it is now an "assault weapon".
>>
>>32464571
I would buy a machine gun. I know a guy who isn't an ATF agent who would sell them.

t. not ATF
>>
>>32464571
I am just buying 80% receivers at this point and building whatever I want. Making a 9mm ar pistol at the moment
>>
File: DONOTCOMPLY.jpg (318KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DONOTCOMPLY.jpg
318KB, 1400x1050px
>>32464571
DONOTCOMPLY
>>
>>32465386
If you owned a machine gun in California, your machine gun is exempt from all "assault weapon" laws and may have as many banned and evil features.
>>
File: 1481685090807.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1481685090807.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
Finish building my AR lowers I purchased. Then I'll probably get a PTR, or Glock 19/P226. Probably the handgun first.
>>
>>32465343
>more than one
No. That's the old AWB, not the CA one.
>A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following 1) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; 2) a thumbhole stock; 3) a folding or telescoping stock; 4) a grenade or flare launcher; 5) a flash suppressor; or 6) a forward pistol grip;
Key phrase:
>any one of the following
>>
>>32465613
The wording is ambiguous... maybe deliberately. Is the weapon banned if it has any one of the following, or if it has the capacity to accept any one of the following?
>>
>>32464571
Ares SCR
>>
>>32465745
> Is the weapon banned if it has any one of the following
Yes, that is how it works.
>>
>>32464571
Unironically an M14, if you can get an FAL with a stripper clip guide that would be good too
>>
>>32464571
A one way ticket out of California.
>>
>>32465745
It's not ambiguous at all from a legal view.
>A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle
A rifle that is both semiautomatic and centerfire, note the comma.
>and
'in addition'
>has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine
Self explanatory.
>and
'in addition'
>any one of the following
Self explanatory, but note it is clearly a separate clause and contains no mention of capacity to accept within this clause.

Rimfires are exempt, anything that isn't semi auto (not including all full autos, because most can be switched into semi auto without modification) is exempt, and anything with an internal magazine is exempt. Note this section is one of many, and there are separate internal magazine restrictions. Namely that they must be 10 rounds or less.

>>32465550
Wrong. The CA AWB and NFA are not one in the same. A registered NFA item is not exempt from the CA AWB and a registered CA AW is not exempt from the NFA. A pre '86 full auto weapon unable to be used semi auto without modification would however be exempt from the CA AWB as it is not semi auto.

Both of you should know that CA has a defacto ban on all NFA item transfers and manufacturing outside of city or state law enforcement and SOT FFL holders. You basically cannot buy a pre '86 machinegun in CA even though it is technically legal.
>>
ares scr with arak 21 upper. Since it's bufferles you can use the standard bolt. People have swapped the scr stock with an 1100 so with a bufferless upper you could probably swap in a magpul 870 stock. just remember to add a left hand mag release like a troy.
>>
>>32464571
Whatever the hell I wanted.
It's always easiest to get illegal guns where they are most heavily regulated, and the state doesn't want to fuck with the aliens it imports any more than it has to, because they are the only people who still vote for the current govt.
Just hike to the nearest Spanish-speaking L.A. slum and get a shot-out AK for a handfull of chicken guts and a case of shit beer.
>>
>>32464571
sweet
how much did he pay?
>>
>>32465613
Copied directly from Jew York, I guess Cali wanted to take their spot as the shittiest gun right state
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.