[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Good Trigger"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: MP_Shield_G.jpg (58KB, 490x375px) Image search: [Google]
MP_Shield_G.jpg
58KB, 490x375px
What does a "Good" vs "Bad" trigger mean? Are good triggers just lighter? I only own striker fired pistols and I can't tell the difference.

Some people say "Shield trigger is shit get an apex for it" What would the apex trigger feel like vs the stock one. Same with the SD9VE everyone says the trigger is shit, i've never fired one though.

I assume it's different for SA/DA and striker fired handguns?
>>
>>32460678
A good trigger has minimal slack in the takeup, a crisp break, and a short reset. Light is good but only to a certain extent
>>
>>32460678
Usually a "good" trigger has features like minimal take-up (slack, basically), a clean and well-defined break, and low pull weight, among other things. This is all pretty subjective, but the gist of it is you want a trigger that's easy to pull, and well-defined as opposed to "mushy".
>>
It's kind of subjective, but a "good" trigger should be consistent and crisp, the Glocks and m&ps I've found to feel like the triggers are hooked to sponges not metal. I've also noticed the breaking point, the point which the firing pin is released, varies, not a lot but enough that I noticed it. Match grade triggers are light and break like glass, combat triggers are heavier but should still have a clean break, hunting rifles should have very little to no travel, so what makes a good trigger depends on the application and some personal preference
>>
>>32460678
>What does a "Good" vs "Bad" trigger mean?
nothing. just /k/ autism
>>
File: faggot gun.jpg (48KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
faggot gun.jpg
48KB, 600x465px
>>32460691
>>32460702
I still don't really get it. Like I said, I only have striker fired guns (Shield and G19) I know there is supposed to be takeup on the first part of the "Double action" of the striker. I have fired my dad's Springfield XD side by side compared to my Glock, his XD feels "looser" on the takeup, lighter I guess, kind of squishy but not bad. It doesn't seem to be a detriment it just doesn't seem as tight or "clicky"

Why does this make a difference? Wouldn't the less tight one feel lighter?
>>
>>32460726
So it's more about the break than the takeup then?

My Shield doesn't seem much worse than my G19 on the takeup or the break
>>
File: 20160609_134957.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160609_134957.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>32460759
For me it's about the break and the consistently, my hunting rifle breaks after no travel at all and it the same every time, same as my carry gun, how every my carry gun is a dao so it has a very long trigger pull but it's smooth and breaks at the same place every single time. To me that's what makes a good trigger, if you like how the Glock and shield feel then more power to you but I've always found them to feel like I'm pulling on a sponge
>>
>>32460678
I own a SW9GVE (the green version) and I can confirm the trigger is lousy. Its usable, but quite heavy and has a long travel.
Apparently this was a deliberate choice to make the gun more desirable to police forces that were using revolvers, however it can easily be modified by removing one or two of the springs in the trigger assembly whose sole purpose is to make the trigger harder to pull.
I have done this to my pistol and I have no complaints or issues with the results, plus i shoot better groups without all the sideways jerking about.
>>
>>32460745
The takeup (as in the completely loose almost unweighted portion) has nothing to do with the finishing of the cocking of a half cock Glock striker.

It is entirely to do with the orientation of the trigger spring. Try out one of the NY springs, they are oriented so as to compress rather than stretch, and remove the squishy loose takeup wth the downside being heavier pull weight-- remedied by a factory minus connector

Not sure if I like the combo though, takes some getting used to
>>
Shield trigger is ok. Not like it's a target gun.

SD9VE is a sloppy mess though. Long take up with no feel for the break.
>>
Smooth and consistent
No take up
No over travel
No creep
No hard break
Short reset

A good trigger minimizes the force vectors and squeezing involved with squeezing itself and acts predictably.

The best triggers in the world are the old S&W revolvers in single action pull.
1911's vary but can have really amazing triggers. They're SAO.
>>
>>32460678
The ideal trigger has no take-up, a light, crisp break (like a glass rod literally snapping), very short overtravel (the distance the trigger moves to the rear during the break), and a very short, positive reset that "clicks." The trigger should provide no obstacles to shooting quickly and accurately. The thing is that some of the qualities that hinder your trigger finger in its job of making the gun go bang are only obvious to an experienced shooter who has shot many different types of guns. If you've only ever shot striker-fired pistols, then it probably won't be obvious to you how much difference the trigger can make.

>>32460745
>>32460759
The easiest way to see a difference is to find a gun where no attention in the design was dedicated to making the trigger smooth, crisp or light, such as a Makarov. Most modern guns have been designed to have a passable trigger, although as you get more experienced, you will also get more discerning about modern gun triggers.

That's not to say that any special design consideration is required to let a skilled shooter shoot well with any given handgun - if you know how to shoot, you'll be able to shoot well with any handgun - but it does make the process more pleasant. It's the differencbetween having to fight the gun to keep your groups tight, and feeling like the gun is giving you a blowjob.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.