[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angled Foregrip vs Vertical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ar18shawty.jpg (24KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
ar18shawty.jpg
24KB, 400x301px
So does the ATF have a certain degree where a foregrip is classified as vertical or angled? I understand putting a vertical foregrip on a pistol creates an AOW but angled foregrips are good to go. I'm just looking to know where they draw the line. Would pic related be vertical or count as angled since it's obviously angled a little bit. I've googled and haven't come up with anything.
>>
File: 1331550457839.jpg (50KB, 720x278px) Image search: [Google]
1331550457839.jpg
50KB, 720x278px
>>32460168
Itll be something stupid, like whether or not you can wrap your hand around it or whether a certain volume of air can pass between it and the firearm withing a certain time scale when lobbed over 7 arshins via a 6-ton counterweight trebuchet.
>>
I'm surprised I can't find any tangible information on the subject. No mandates explaining anything. You'd think someone would want to push the limit and create the most vertical "angled" foregrip that they legally can.
>>
>>32460168
you should ask them
>>
>>32460168
if it is designed as an angled foregrip it's probably good to go
>>
>>32460335
>cant wrap your hand around it
That sounds kind of familiar and pertinent to OPs question but i dont have a source
>>
>>32460504
I'm holding out for them measuring amount of air instead.
>>
OP how about you google it before you come here an look like a dumbass, thats a vertical grip
>>
File: tomomaga.jpg (67KB, 601x439px) Image search: [Google]
tomomaga.jpg
67KB, 601x439px
bump before I write them niggas an email
>>
>>32460769
see >>32460762
>>
>>32460825
Nigger I have googled this shit and read a shitton of legislature and mandates and the most I can come up with is that they claimed Magpul's one angled grip product and some other company's are exempt because they are designed as angled, but they don't state what constitutes as angled and vertical. If you could fucking read you'd see that my question is where they draw the line. That's what I haven't been able to find, so I came here to ask.
>>
>>32460850
Its if you can wrap your thumb around it or not, go be stupid somewhere else, Patrick
>>
>>32460769
The inability of wrapping your thumb around it seems like the most logical answer, despite there not being any clear definition. I'd say if you're genuinely worried about getting your dog shot over whatever you're trying to do, maybe shoot the email.
>>
>>32460931
>logic
>ATF

No.
If it was designed and marketed as an angled foregrip it's probably okay.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.