[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Uzimicro.jpg (8KB, 301x240px) Image search: [Google]
Uzimicro.jpg
8KB, 301x240px
Ok, /k/ommandos, I have a question for all you US-based operators.

I know selective fire rifles produced after 1986 cannot be legally owned by civilians in the USA as per the Hughes Amendment of the FOPA signed into law by Reagan in '86.

Now, I know that modern selective fire pistols (eg. Glock 18) also cannot legally be owned by civilians.

My question here is whether pre-1986 selective fire pistols / handguns* are legal to own for US civilians, and if so, what steps, if any, are required for obtaining one in say, Maryland?

* eg.
pre-86 Beretta 93R
pre-86 Stechkin / APS
MAC-10
KG-9 version of the Tec 9
Micro Uzi (displayed in thread image)
and other machine pistols
>>
>>32458271
Yes. It's the exact same process for rifles.
>>
>>32458271
The NFA is for firearms past 86
All machine guns before 86 are antiques and don't fall under nfa
Actually legaly there not even firearms
>>
Yes. You could have found MACs for sale for between $5-8K if you'd done a modicum of research.
>>
>>32458295
This is wrong, they are still firearms, they just are registered with the ATF (Now the BATFE) and so are not illegal machine guns, they are legal machine guns. Black powder guns are not legally firearms (barring certain exceptions)
>>
>>32458295
>All machine guns before 86 are antiques and don't fall under nfa
What, no. I think you're referring to Curios and Relics, which is another thing entirely.
>>
>>32458271
Exactly the same process for rifles, machine guns are another class of firearm (like sbr, rifles, pistols, aows etc..). A machinegun is a machinegun regardless of how we would look at it (rifle/pistol).
>>
>>32458271
You buy it like any other NFA item. There's a limited amount because no more can be registered so long as the HA stands, so prices are inflated. It's about being registered before '86, not made before '86. Expect to pay upwards of 75k for a Beretta 93R.

>>32458295
That's '98. 1898.

>>32458334
All transferable US machine guns are registered NFA items. Unregistered machine gun curios and relics from before 1898 require a type 3(?) FFL.
>>
>>32458356
>>32458334
Than explain to me how they get machine guns in moves from 96 and now? And no I am not taking about star wars
>>
>>32458307
>Yes. You could have found MACs for sale for between $5-8K if you'd done a modicum of research.

The entire point of coming to /k/ and asking politely is because you guys know and are willing to share without me doing any research.
>>
>>32458415
props

dealer samples
>>
>>32458415

from OP:

nonfiring replicas
realistic bb guns
CGI
post processing FX
>>
File: 1479104633396.jpg (33KB, 960x532px) Image search: [Google]
1479104633396.jpg
33KB, 960x532px
>>32458371
That's what I said, without the Class 3 part
>>32458415
Props, CGI, blank firing replicas and FFLs
>>
>>32458431
>>32458447
>>32458454
You must be blind obvously there not fake guns you can see them shoot!

Look and watch my favorite move saving private ryan
>>
>>32458471
Forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=z0Gh367Kywc
>>
File: e2c.png (47KB, 912x603px) Image search: [Google]
e2c.png
47KB, 912x603px
>>32458471

Saving Private Ryan was the worst movie in all of the 21st century
>>
>>32458471
They buy them just like police do, provided they have about 3 different FFL (7,8 and 9 as a general rule) and a class 2 SOT, as well as certain individual permits issued at the local police level.
>>
>>32458497
OK then look and watch my 2st favorite move starship troopers
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=_uuw3KwPoDE
>>
File: b8.gif (539KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b8.gif
539KB, 625x626px
>>32458521
>https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=_uuw3KwPoDE

>DoppleQ

>Subscribed to Rush Limbaugh Show HD

>Liked "Proof that Obama's birth certificate is a forgery - an impeachable felony"
>>
>>32458551
P!$$ off lumploaf do not hack my YouTube account that is private and I do not apreciate you sniffing in my activities
>>
>>32458502
Actually they have a license specifically for movie armorers
>>
>>32458587
Ok, I hate Obama too, but you know do know that the scanner used in the white house (confirmed by a FOIA request) is one that, by default, layers anything it can recognize via OCR. In 2016, it's non-disputed fact that his birth certificate is legitimate.

I hate the man as much as the next guy does, but let's at least hate him for legitimate reasons.

As per your request, I will stop "sniffing" your activities. For future reference, go to the video page, and when you use the share button, use the youtu.be link it gives you in the share tab, not the link provided in the email tab. The one in the email tab shares your username, so it's not a terribly great idea to post those links on places like 4chan.
>>
>>32458681
No is to a fake I watched the video
>>
>>32458415
There are entire FFLs that survive off of supplying guns for movies. With an class 3 and a friendly cleo the sky is the limit.
>>
>>32458425
And the ones who aren't take the time out of their day to be asshats about it, providing an important service for some really lonely people.
>>
>>32458772
>There are entire FFLs that survive off of supplying guns for movies.

Why should (((Hollywood))) directors get access to machine guns that aren't used for government/police uses but we can't?
>>
>>32458951
>Using an anime meme website as your sole source of daily social interaction
Christ man, get tinder or something.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.