[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to ghost a gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: 1480481652480.jpg (133KB, 1024x883px) Image search: [Google]
1480481652480.jpg
133KB, 1024x883px
Do not ask why I am curious but...

What steps would you have to take to ensure the complete destruction of any evidence linking a shooting to a particular weapon?

>buy generic ammo from several locations and mix them
>load the magazine with gloves on to avoid leaving fingerprints on the casings
>drill out the barrel to eradicate all rifling
>prep a small amount of thermite to slag the grinded out barrel and the rest of the weapon
>drive out long and deep and bury the remaining refuse in a hole near no traveled paths or landmarks

Again, just stretching the wet works here. How far do you have to go to purify a weapon?

Assume the investigation has the highest priority and the resources of our top law enforcement departments and ABC's organisations.
>>
IDK ATF

You could always watch videos and read information on firearms forensics, IE GOOGLE
instead of asking amateurs here.
>>
>>32457678
>Drive somewhere a few states away
>shoot someone
>leave
>don't shoot anyone else with the gun
Also it helps if your DNA and prints aren't on file.
>>
>>32457711
>>shoot someone
It's not that simple.
>>
>>32457726
Fine
>eat a dead thing
>gain its energy
>draw weapon
>pull trigger
>>
>>32457726
50+ people were shot in chicago on christmas. how difficult was that and how many of them were caught?
>>
>>32457678
Throw it in a large body of water, melt it down, disassemble it and throw it in different dumpsters.
>>
>>32457735
>draw weapon
>pull trigger

No you are forgetting key steps

>>32457737
Its only a matter of time
>>
>>32457678
>not driving around the city and tossing individual parts of the gun in random locations
>>
>>32457678
>Use a break-action shotgun
>That's it
>>
>>32457678
> rifling meme
Doesn't work, Maryland kinda proved that.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-bullet-casings-20151107-story.html
>>
>>32457678
The most difficult to prove cases are when the shooter uses buckshot rounds
>>
>>32457782
I was not aware ducks had any legal recourse.
>>
>>32457678
moar boob witch lady, Mr. ATF
>>
>>32457678
>>32457678
>steel a gun, preferably pistol
>grind off serial numbers
>buy a new barrel and firing pin for said gun and send it to a po box under a fake name of in person and dont make yourself recognisable (why this is easier with a pistol)
>shoot person
>swap original parts in
>wipe fingerprints off of everything, even casing
>dump gun in the middle of a deep lake several states away from the state the felony took place
>dump spare parts several states away from that and separately
>draw your blinds and stay inside your whole life and pray you didnt fuck up somewhere
>>
>>32457726
It is. Random murders are very rarely solved and if they are it's often years or decades later. If you walk up to some random guy that's 50+ miles away from where you live and blow his head off then GTFO, unless there was a witness/camera that saw it happen you'll probably never even get on the suspect list. Barring you leaving tons of DNA evidence or fingerprints everywhere.
>>
>>32457754
What?! People don't give a shit about one shot really. For all most people know a 9mm is a car backfiring. Find some dude who's in a secluded area and shoot him. Walk a mile away from the scene ditch your clothes, walk in an arc above or below to your mode of transportation that was a mile the opposite way of the scene and don't come back for a few weeks. Super simple stuff.
>>
File: 5674764.png (694KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
5674764.png
694KB, 673x680px
>>32457798
>he thinks I'm ATF
Oh no they won't have me.
>>
>>32457815
what if you cum all over the body afterwords?
>>
>>32457825
If your DNA is on record get ready for the party van. If not, pray you never get a DNA test done.
>>
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/court-adjourns-homeowners-self-defence-trial-to-clarify-confusing-gun-control-law

>Mr. Mahler said Mr. Thomson was “less than forthcoming” and “secretive” when police arrived, trying to hide the fact he had frightened off his attackers by firing a gun.

>Mr. Mahler suggested Mr. Thomson even picked up the spent shell casings from his porch after he fired his gun and took them inside to hide them in his bedside table.

>Seeming confused, Mr. Thomson said he didn’t understand.

>“Didn’t they fall to the ground?” Mr. Mahler asked, apparently thinking shell casings from a .38-calibre revolver were ejected from the gun with each shot, similar to casings that spit out of a semi-automatic handgun, as is typically seen on TV.

>“No,” said Mr. Thomson as the crowd of gun advocates watching from the public gallery chuckled and guffawed at Mr. Mahler’s mistake.

>Spent shells from a .38 remain in the gun’s cylinder until it is opened and they are removed. Mr. Thomson took the casings out at the same time he opened the gun to reload it, which was at the bedside table, where the casings were when police arrived, he said.
>>
if you use blanks you might put give your target cardiac arrest, making the shooting virtually untraceable

Be sure to use a shell catcher when you use the blanks
>>
>>32457825
Imagine that headline.
>>
>>32457835
couldnt i just say i came across a body and just had to cum on it? Im sure thats not a rarity
>>
>>32457678
>wear gloves doing everything
>reload the ammo from random shit picked up at the range, break down all sorts of different ammo for the powder and primers
>leave rifling, you'll need it for accuracy
>break it down into parts and either slowly eat them, or dispose of them at random as you go about life(at walmart, drop some internals in someone's wheel well, etc.)
>melt the big stuff like the frame, slide, and mag
>make sure you don't look like someone that was melting shit down, thermite would be good to prevent any kind of smelting rig giving you away
>large bodies of water in cities will conceal it best, as any other thug could be dumping a gun, and balls of steel/aluminum aren't that obvious
>>
>>32457815
You obviously don't understand how a shooting works, especially a non-premeditated one

>>32457820
>ditch your clothes

You are literally leaving behind DNA evidence
>>
>>32457873
Don't just leave them in a pile in the street as you run stark naked into a store. Drop a shirt in a trashcan, pants go in a dumpster behind a McDonalds. If the police are going to cordon off a square mile of a murder scene and look through every dumpster before Waste Management can get to it then that's fucking amazing.
>>
File: baitmichaelangelo.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
baitmichaelangelo.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>32457678
>>
>>32457678
>take them out on a boat
>wear gloves
>shoot them
>throw the body in the ocean
>Wear Gloves
>throw gun in ocean a few miles away
>sail back to port
>WEAR GLOVES
>take off gloves
>throw gloves in the bay (close to shore = plausible deniability)
>???
>profit!
>>
>>32457890
Or burn it. It is really fucking easy to reduce it to ash and melted polyester. Simplest option is usually the best one.
>>
>>32457939
More simply
>get kwikcrete
>get a man sized basin
>kill him by strangulation(with rope)
>cast him in concrete
>leave holes for gasses and fluids to leave and for parasites and small bottom feeders to enter
>throw in ocean
>forget about it
>>
>>32457678
You have a pretty good idea there, but I'd be more worried about DNA evidence - Hair, skin, prints, cloth fibers...
Also electronic evidence - CCTV footage of you, your vehicle, the shot itself... Are shooter detection systems a thing there? You ought to go suppressed anyway.
Witnesses? Anyone around to see you or your vehicle? Anyone around to hear the shot? Anyone around to find the victim?
How do you get out after taking the shot? What's your alibi? What are your backup plans when the first one goes to shit?
And there are probably more questions than this that need to be answered.
>>
>>32457870
You'd still go to jail, this time just for sex offender charges.

>>32457873
>You obviously don't understand how a shooting works, especially a non-premeditated one
Please enlighten us how they'd find you if:
>you have absolutely no connection to the victim
>there's no witnesses
>you don't do something retarded like drop your wallet at the scene
>use a special snowflake gun that could easily be traced to a handful of people
>there's no record nor reason you'd be in the area since you live 100 miles away
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
If I was a faggot like OP:

Unrelated Target
Clean Criminal Record
Unregistered Firearm
Homemade Unregistered Suppressor
22. Rifle: Outdoors
22. Pistol: Indoors
Shell Catcher Bag for Both
Erased Serial Numbers
Shaved Head, Shaved Body
Wig
Sunglasses
Disposable Leather Gloves
Disposable Clothing
White Unmarked Van
Body Bag
Cleaning Equipment
Shovel
Passport/Dual Israeli Citizenship
And a Will
>>
>>32457678
rifling imprints are a meme

primer strikes are a meme

all you have to do is dispose of the weapon
>>
>>32457970
Cameras and OP's "Smart" Phone
>>
>>32457989
Wait, can the clothing be a schoolgirl outfit? I.. I ask for a friend.
>>
>>32457678
Enjoy the van. I hear it has air conditioning.
>>
>>32458018
faggot
>>
>>32457754
it's really not a matter of time
if no witnesses come forward (which is quite common in gang related violence) the investigation is oftentimes at a dead end, especially when the shooter borrowed his friend's gun.
>>
>>32458014
>Cameras
You'll notice I mentioned earlier that "if there's no cameras"

>and OP's "Smart" Phone
Unless he keeps GPS on all the time, that's not enough to get to trial unless they have some other kind of evidence.
>>
>>32457970

This is why you don't understand how a shooting works, poster below does.

>>32457969
>>
>>32458031
>asking for his female friend
>faggot
>>
>>32457996
oh right, forgot to add, DNA evidence means fuckall if you are not on the suspect list and you're not a fag who's already in the system
>>
>>32458034
>unless they have some other kind of evidence.

They have this post he just made on 4chan.

Are you too new to know people who make threats get V&???????
>>
>>32458071
>>32458034

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/4chan-user-arrest

ATF comes on this board all the time, and the FBI has had access to this site multiple times
>>
Thermite EVERYTHING.
>>
>>32458098
>ali saad
kebabs gonna kebab
>>
>>32458098
>ATF comes on this board all the time, and the FBI has had access to this site multiple times
Wat? What do you mean the FBI has had access to this site? Sauce? I always thought it was more along the lines of emailing m00t and saying "Hello. I am FBI. Give me IP Address pls." Also, I've never actually seen a story of an ATF sting on here. If ATF agents did come here, it's probably just to shitpost when they should be working.
>>
>>32457678
I'd apply for a job in the FBI as an investigator, and then I'd go around stabbing people and nobody would find out because I'd be investigating myself.

Truly fool proof.
>>
>>32458156
>tfw the ATF's ban on 7N6 was really just to troll /k/
>>
File: Scott Shelby.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Scott Shelby.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>32458168
>>
>>32458168
FBI Doesn't investigate murders that aren't serial killers, that would be the local police. FBI mainly deals with white collar crime, and crimes that cross state lines.

>>32458156
Dude the whole site is a big fucking honeypot. This isn't the cheese pizza glory days of it's inception.

Christopher Poole sold out along time ago.
You don't know this?

>Spot the newfag
>>
>>32458098
Well of course, if people make straight up threats, they have to take them seriously. Like for the average user that doesn't matter because they are usually shitposting or posting retarded opinions in hopes of out baiting each other with troll comments.
>>
>>32458202
Everything you fucking type on this website is archived, catalogued and stored on their server.

FBI has had access to these files for quite some time.

Just think, if this site pops up in daily news, it's going to be investigated.
>>
>>32458226
>>32458202
Once again, I ask, sauce?
>>
File: thumbnail_61254.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_61254.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>32458226
Americans don't live in a europoor country where 1984 is an instruction manual for tv police. They don't give a shit about you if you aren't breaking the law.
>>
>>32458156

>m00t

Who?
>>
Begin with untraceable ammo and gun which matches NOTHING you own or anything ever fired on your property, and an oxy-acetylene or oxy-propane torch. Thermite is gay.

Return from hit. Remove bullets from remaining cartridges with a kinetic or collet puller or whatever you have previously practiced with. Dump powder into an empty soda can of a brand you don't ever normally drink which has none of your DNA on it. Step on can sideways to flatten it like every other can on the side of a road. Set can away from cutting torch.

Disassemble weapon. Over a disposable metal container, meticulously melt all metal parts COMPLETELY to slag into container. Then it's just cutting slag. Your torch etc is normal shop equipment. If you don't have a shop, you are gay and a shopless faggot. You could buy an outfit on Craigslist then sell it later if gay or keep it for many useful things (like heat treating steel parts) For plastic or wood parts you can burn those to ash using the torch with a surplus of oxygen. Destroy them in the container they are to be disposed of in, which should be a different, and very different, container than you used for the metal, and also a container you don't otherwise use. Both now-innocent containers can be disposed of with trash you take to a recycling center and place in compactors (not in the same bags as ANY shit you have used, they should be "orphans). You can go for a walk in the woods and dump the powder or otherwise dispose of it, but don't use your trash or your toilet or other sewer or septic system.

Your problem is irrevocably gone. Individual variations based on common sense apply.

Thermite BTW is wrong for the job because it's hard to use discreetly and cannot be finely controlled for COMPLETE melting (vs entrapment of parts in a ball of slag) of every individual part.
>>
>>32458376
BTW I haven't offed anyone because that's stupid, but if you do please stream it and the above advice so I know you love me.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.