[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delisle Carbine / Weird Gun Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (79KB, 800x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 800x332px
Hey /k/, I'm interested in picking up my first gun and the Delisle seems like a good pick for my needs. Video for people that haven't seen it in action:

https://youtu.be/IsUALdGog4U

Quick rundown of the pros:
> .45 caliber bullets are plentiful
> Scary-silent
> less upkeep than modern firearms
> 50-100 yard effective range is good enough for small game hunting and home defense, esp. with the silencing effect
> "so ugly it's pretty" aesthetics, and I imagine the silencer adds a nice bit of heft for smacking people
> minimal recoil and no need for ear protection

The only thing in the way is the $1500 - $3000 price tag for a reproduction model. This is my first time seriously considering picking this up, is there anything a first-time gun buyer should be aware of?
>>
>>32456991
>is there anything a first-time gun buyer should be aware of?
Yeah, don't buy a bolt action for home defense. Go buy an AR15 chambered in .300 Blackout and get a silencer for it. It will be just as quiet and more effective.
>>
>>32457061
Actually .45 has more force at less than 50 feet than .300
>>
>>32457105
>silenced tommyguns for home defense
>>
>>32457105
If you're OP, why ask a question if you plan to argue any reasonable suggestions.

I'm sure .45 is gonna have the same effect on an intruder as .300BLK in a house regardless of what the numbers say.

Also, fuck spending 1500-3000 for a bolt action pistol caliber carbine. Take off a zero and I'd be interested.
>>
>>32456991
>$1500-3000

you do know that you could have practically ANYTHING else for that price range, right?

why a fucking bolt action rifle in a pistol caliber? at least make an obrez and save yourself some money
>>
I didn't know they were making reproductions, thanks for the tip.

Still, I wouldn't recommend the Delisle as a first gun.

If you are American, you are going to be waiting months for the paperwork to go through on the silencer, and it is a short barreled rifle too. Add $200 for each tax stamp for each, so you are really looking at $2k just to get started.

Upkeep is going to be a troublesome thing. It should be fairly resilient, being a pistol caliber bolt action. When something breaks though, good luck finding a replacement part.

While it should be good for small game, I can't recommend a bolt action for home defense. Semi auto is the way to go now, and even pump and lever actions are faster than bolt actions.

Its a nice little concept, but it would be more economical to do an AR in 45 or 300 Whisper, but even those are niche guns that aren't good for first timers.

Buying a Delisle as a first gun is like buying a Porsche for your first car. Sure, you can if you have the cash for it, but you should probably step back and think about what you are getting into first.

Its a great collection piece, not an everyday shooter.
>>
>>32457105
.300 blackout has better bullet designs that do more damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgcGLi5v67s
>>
>>32457139
Not OP
I just think .300 blackout is a meme when .45 is still better when blackout was designed for cqc
>>
>>32456991
This needs to be bait because only a retard would consider a bubba'd MLE for their first gun and use it for home defense.
>>
File: m3greasegun#19.jpg (133KB, 1986x597px) Image search: [Google]
m3greasegun#19.jpg
133KB, 1986x597px
>>32456991
> bolt action

just go with a M3A1 suppressed
>>
>>32457243
That looks beautiful anon,
im glad you showed it to me. :)
>>
It's a cool gun for sure, especially given its use in WWII, but for the price you could buy and suppress a slew of pistol or rifle caliber SMG's or carbines. If your actually considering this for HD, otherwise it'd be an awesome range toy at best
>>
>>32457235
It's a TMLE.

Tiny, Magazine, Lee Enfield.
>>
>>32457105
>Actually .45 has more force at less than 50 feet than .300
>>32457228
>I just think .300 blackout is a meme when .45 is still better when blackout was designed for cqc

>Deeerp. .45 fires it more subsonically you dingus. You can't fax coffee. Coffee don't fax for shit. You a damn moron.

Both fire 230 grain bullets at just below the speed of sound meaning they have nearly the same muzzle energy..300 BO has better sectional density making it quieter through a suppressor, better BC making it maintain energy longer, and a wider variety of bullets besides ashtray and FMJ.
>>
>>32457228
appls v. oranges there buddy

.300 memeout exists because they needed it to run on the ar platform, change a barrel and you're good. not to mention the penetration and range you'd be able to get from the .300
>>
>>32457971

Good post, true info.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.