[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW p64?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

So i've been gifted with a CWP for christmas, i take my class in 2 weeks, pretty excited.

But currently my only handgun is my little p64, which imho is a perfect carry for someone like me with a smaller frame, its basically a "better" version of that smith .380 body gaurd. (sa/da instead of da only, and muh rolling pin block)

But i've never carried a gun before, are there any safe and reliable p64 holsters? preferably inside the waist band.

Will probably buy myself a steyr C-A1 for my birthday.
>>
>>32453742
>dat 20lb double action
>>
I picked one up from Midway USA a few weeks ago. It feels pretty good and fits well in my waistband.

I'd post the info but I'm pooping
>>
>>32453831
Post poop
>>
File: CvEpkBKWIAA6PKk.jpg (110KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CvEpkBKWIAA6PKk.jpg
110KB, 1024x1024px
>>32453810
but that's why its safe :^)

can keep one in the chamber, with the safety off, and still worry less about it than a glock

also i dropped my down to roughly 18lbs, need to get one of those testers to check what its actual weight is.

Then once you drop in a heavy slide spring, it operates a bit smoother than even the XD40s.

guns are like hotrods man, you've gotta tweak them to your liking.
>>
I've got a P64 and it's a neat little gun but I would never carry it.

A modern .380 pistol with quality hollow points is only marginally less powerful and holds the same amount of rounds but will be much lighter, have a better trigger and safety, and have more holsters available.

Also, my P64 cuts up my hand real bad after about 5-10 shots
>>
Pola/k/ here. The trigger is Very hard, thus reducing yiur aim. But there are mods that make it decent ccw gun. Machining is very good quality, but some ware used so much it barely holds together. It was use by police for decades, some cops told me they ware issues ones that where like, having a slide that falls off and shit. Luckily they are mostly dicomissioned now, only some old armchair cops carry them due to low weight. I asume ones that are being sent to usa are being checked properly before export.
>>
>>32453838
i don't think anyone is buying polish cars and tricking them out though. on topic why don't you look into kydex? with a heat gun you could form your own holster. leather is always an option too. personally i would just buy another gun.
>>
>>32453742
I have a vega iwb suede holster(look up the one james bond uses in skyfall and spectre). I carry condition 3 everything so the DA doesnt bother me. i didnt want to mess with the SA weight by changing the springs out. I mostly keep it in my glove box in the car and use it as my ccw when i have to walk around in thinner clothes(suit, chinos, board shorts).

FYI for those experiencing hand bite, its the plastic grips. The elevated checkering and borders are too raised up and can cut you. I took a dremel to my grips and it solved the issue. Also if you can get wood grips or those fancy rubber ones, that also solves the issue.
>>
Thoughts on CZ-83? My LGS has one in good used condition for $230, and I don't own any 9x18 guns
>>
>>32454512
Cont

When i say used a dremel, i dont mean i sanded it down. The plastic is soft, and you have to basically just flatten the plastic with the dremel.
>>
>>32454517
Avoid it, get a p64 or makarov
>>
>>32454552
Why? As a slight CZ fanboy, I'm drawn to it. For the price I can't see any downsides
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>32454512
Never understood the hand bite complaints. How are you people holding them and just how soft are your hands?
>>
>>32453742
I have a Poorfag-64 and good god I would never carry it. Get a real carry gun.
>>
>>32454589
My grips had very sharp borders around the checkering. And the fit to frame wasnt even, so i had to smooth that out.
>>
>>32454552
shut tf up its better than both guns by a loooong stretch
12 round magazines, polygonal rifling, ability to use all cz sights (including night sights) and its much more ergonomic and sexier
>>
>>32454661
Cont

If you look at your p64 where youre hand webbing goes, you see where the border line is right below the "beavertail"? That was raised too high up and was angled down so everytime it recoiled it would cut down like a shaving razor(think of the shape of a shaving razor blade).
>>
>>32454668
Unless its excellent condition i wouldnt bother. Plus youre getting corrupted czech tech.
>>
>>32454745
literally what?
>>
File: _20160913_013458.jpg (722KB, 1836x2402px) Image search: [Google]
_20160913_013458.jpg
722KB, 1836x2402px
I don't see why not. Just get a PPK holster and you're set. Got mine from Classic in great condition.
>>
ye its pretty good for cc get the upgraded springs and reduce the trigger pull and your mint
>>
File: grassdog.jpg (13KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
grassdog.jpg
13KB, 277x277px
>breakin happened on my street.
>been watching a ton of self defense videos on youtube.
>nervous as hell every time dog barks.
>mom has gun but keeps it locked in a case with no ammo. totally useless.
>too poor to buy my own gun.
I cannot properly defend myself and that is not okay. not making a pipe shotgun.
>>
>>32456582
Baseball bat. Add barbed wire and nails for intimidation factor. If cops ask, mention something about Walking Dead/Neegan fan and you being panicky and afraid.
>>
I end up carrying my p-64 more often than my Glock 43 lately, even though they measure the same in height and length the width and smooth edges beat out the glock. It's a nice piece to carry anon, just make sure you're used to it's trigger and get the spring kit. And y ou can find a holster to fit this thing in the local $5 bargain bin, guaranteed.
>>
Not drop safe..
>>
>>32453742
>P-64
>perfect anything
hahaha

>>32454517
9x18 sucks dick but it's better than a makarov/p64
>>32454552
shut the fuck up retard. you don't know anything.
>>
Wow, I've been carrying a P64 for over a year and this thread really is filled with people that have never carried it. All the gripes about the double action conveniently ignore the single action, and the safety concerns don't seem to address the solution of keeping the safety knob turned halfway between safe and fire.
>>
>>32454517
cz82 is 9x18. CZ83 is in .380

I've only ever used mine as a range toy but it has a great trigger and feels good in the hand to me.
>>
>>32453742
not OP, do you think you could file down the insides so the safety is now not a decocker? Is that doable?
>>
>>32454577
He's wrong. 82 is better, better trigger, better capacity, less felt recoil.

That said, CZ83, like others have already said, is in .380. It's the CZ82 that's chambered in 9x18
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.