[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back yard plinking inna city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: XT22slingcropped.jpg (26KB, 765x228px) Image search: [Google]
XT22slingcropped.jpg
26KB, 765x228px
Anyone do this, despite your local laws? I'm thinking about picking up a bolt action .22 and some subsonic .22 ammo for some back yard plinking fun. My yard is pretty big and neighbors don't give a fuck about my .177 cal pellet rifle noise, AND the nearest outdoor range is an hour away, so I want to try this. How bad of an idea is this? I live in Miami, if it matters.
>>
That's a pretty fuckin' bad idea there OP.

Ricochets can kill, unless you use a silencer there is an excellent chance a no-guns will report you and the cops will start coming around checking yards for signs of plinking.

Be happy with your pellet gun and be intentional about going to the outdoor range when you can. Shooting an actual firearm in city limits is always a poor idea. The less contact you have with the law the better.
>>
>>32453245
Its a fairly terrible idea. Bullets just arent predictable enough to use safely in an urban area. Buy some tracers and youll see what i mean.
>>
OK, point taken. Maybe I'll just get another pellet gun, in .22. I really want to move out of this shit hole :(
>>
>>32453245
Real easy way to find out if you have an anti-gun neighbor within hearing distance. My money is on yes.

Oh and 22lr is leathal. One missed shot, bad pull or off center bullet and you could be changed with murder/manslaughter or at least attempted.

Even should nothing go wrong, you are giving gun owners a bad name. Making it look like we are reckless and don't care where the bullets land. In general don't shoot on your property unless you have enough property to ensure that in worst case scenario the bullet won't land on someone else's property.
>>
>>32453245
Rick Scott is a cuck for bending on the backyard range law.
If you're zoned county and you're on more than one acre of land you can still shoot in your backyard. There is a lot of grey areas in the new law.
>>
>>32453245
It's super illegal to shoot in city limits. Your pellet gun is a drop of water compared to the crack of a .22.
This has to be a fucking bait thread. Please.
>>
>>32453245
I wouldn't.

>>32453286
Tracers have different flight characteristics from regular bullets IIRC
>>
File: rws 34.jpg (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
rws 34.jpg
247KB, 1024x768px
>>32453334
not everyone has a pussy pellet gun

my .22 is quieter then my pellet gun
>>
>>32453266
>>32453286
build an actual backstop and ricochet is not an issue unless you can't aim

though depending on what city op is in i wouldn't do it
>>
>>32453330
anything that shoots a projectile can be lethal. people hunt with pellet rifles.
>>
>>32453245
Did you build a back stop? How does drainage work in your area? If you do not know what these questions mean or have the answers to them, then no you shouldn't do that as you will either quickly or slowly kill your neighbors. Who in all honesty would be totally right murdering you./
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.