[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why were the Rhodesians issued shorts and tank tops? wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

why were the Rhodesians issued shorts and tank tops?

wouldn't the fauna and insects (especially snakes and ticks) fuck them up?
>>
File: 1273107218476.jpg (665KB, 1000x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1273107218476.jpg
665KB, 1000x1403px
Sure, has plenty of disadvantages, but when it's hot like that, it also has advantages.

The frogs inna Africa also do it. I believe the Belgians sometimes too.
>>
>>32453156
It's hot in Africa, this is not a secret.
>>
>>32453156
Snakes ticks will fuck then up, yes. But so will heat.
Everybody has to deal with heat the entire time they are in the field, while snakes and ticks are less of an issue
>>
File: AverageDayInAfrica.jpg (60KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
AverageDayInAfrica.jpg
60KB, 800x452px
>>32453277
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have suggested that Africa is a hot place! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your baseless hyperbole when discussing Africa, unless you are willing to back it up with facts! Posting slanderous and libelous information is poor form and could negatively affect the tourism industries of Africa as a continent. You should always try to post facts about Africa and not anti-apartheid propaganda about it not being a winter wonderland, unless you wish legal action to be taken!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>32453156
Honestly ticks and leeches for that matter can be more of an issue with pants because you can't see them right away and somehow the little fucks get in there if you're going through areas with lots of them.
You get used to the little abrasions from foliage, you could consider it an infection risk but that's very rare with healthy adults and reasonable hygiene.
>>
>>32453426
In some parts of africa it does snow. These are in places where there is a certain kind of valley that allows for the correct conditions to form snow. However 90% of africa including Rhodesia does not see snow ( if it does it is an anomaly). How do i know this? I fucking live in South Africa.
>>
>>32454016
i live in northern tunisia and it snows regularly every winter
>>
>>32453426
made me kek
>>
South African units ever get comfy like that?
>>
>>32453156
With legs and arms like those you'd want to show off too
>>
File: fist hammer.jpg (54KB, 580x407px) Image search: [Google]
fist hammer.jpg
54KB, 580x407px
>>32453195
>converse hi-tops
I didn't know this level of operator existed
>>
>>32454086
Yes and it snows in Afghanistan. As far as I am aware desserts tend to see snowfall. Also that doesnt account for a large portion of africas land mass
>>
>>32453156
Old habits from their british colonial overlords
>>
>>32453426
It's only snowed once (on record) in Zimbabwe and that was May 2016 (37 years post Rhodesia)
>>
>>32453426
It's only snowed once (on record) in Zimbabwe and that was May 2016 (37 years post Rhodesia). If it snowed sometime from 1959-1979 then it would also be chalked up as an anomaly and not considered a normal occurrence.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.