[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing of a tactical bolt action rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

File: enfield.jpg (609KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
enfield.jpg
609KB, 3072x2304px
Is there such a thing of a tactical bolt action rifle?
>>
>>32451174
nigga...
>>
>>32451174
>of, relating to, or constituting actions carefully planned to gain a specific military end.
I guess all of them if you think about it.
>>
File: 15z_CZ557UrbanCounterSniper.png (255KB, 1920x503px) Image search: [Google]
15z_CZ557UrbanCounterSniper.png
255KB, 1920x503px
>>32451174
>>
>>32451174
>inb4 jeff pooper thread
>>
File: bubbadidok.jpg (135KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
bubbadidok.jpg
135KB, 2048x2048px
>>
File: IMG_2550.jpg (50KB, 520x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2550.jpg
50KB, 520x250px
>>
>>32452641
Oh lawd
>>
File: Merkel RX Helix Alpinist.jpg (74KB, 1200x304px) Image search: [Google]
Merkel RX Helix Alpinist.jpg
74KB, 1200x304px
Depending entirely on what you would call "tactical".
This is the Merkel RX Helix. It does not only have a straight pull, but it also has a transmission unit that shortens the pull to something closer to half of what you'd normally do.
It (Not sure about the pictured version) also takes down into two pieces verry easily.
>>
File: Steyr Scout.jpg (43KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
Steyr Scout.jpg
43KB, 640x478px
The Steyr Scout is the result of some bloke called Jeff Cooper coming up with some queer notions back in the day, presumably before cheap and precise semi-autos were as commonly available as they are now.
The idea, grossly simplified, was that as long as the rifle fulfilled his requirements for a "scout rifle", the average man wouldn't find himself wanting for another rifle.

Here's a read-up on the subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_rifle
>>
The Blaser R93 comes in many flavours, and while the company's name might give it away as a company primarily making hunting weapons, they made a handgun hunting version of their R93 (pic related). Like the "regular" R93, it's a system rifle, available in calibers .223, .243, 6mm BR, .270, .308, 7mm-08, 7mm Rem, .300 WSM and .375 H&H.
>>
File: Blaser R93 Tactical.jpg (47KB, 1200x293px) Image search: [Google]
Blaser R93 Tactical.jpg
47KB, 1200x293px
It is also available as a sniper rifle, under the name R93 Tactical or Long Range Sporter, or (early versions) Long Range Tactical.
Takes down nicely, and is a breeze to change calibers between (Here's a video: https://youtu.be/F_jPu54VvcA?t=549 ). With a bit of training, you can do it in around a minute. Takes down nicely too. You might've seen this one in Homeland S1 or the two most recent Hitman movies.

I should also add that this and the aforementioned handgun version are straight-pull rifles.

I've been wanting one of these, but they basically cost your soul, and won't really be worth it without a scope costing about whatever you'd sell your firstborn son for.
>>
In closing, it bears mentioning that ricing up bolt-action rifles is verry easy for the layman to do. A new stock or chassis is easily installed, and a gunsmith can help you out with shortening the barrel and threading it for a suppressor or muzzle brake. You can attach bipods, foregrips, stocks, pistol grips, mirage bands, rangefinders, lasers, a variety of scopes, night vision scopes in front of the scope and even scopes on top of the scope, if you'll believe it: Pic related is what a friend of mine put on his hunting rifle, and it works reasonably well out to 100 meters.
>>
File: S8Xxo.png (355KB, 1783x515px) Image search: [Google]
S8Xxo.png
355KB, 1783x515px
>>32451174
>>
>>32452907
OP said tactical bolt rifle, not tactical bolt flash-bang.
>>
>>32452641
What's the thing on the end, and what is it for ?
>>
>>32452951
looks like a linear compensator, basically just directs blast forward for CQB
>>
>>32452971
Doesn't that increase recoil and such ? What for ?
>>
>>32452951
>>32452971
err, no, I looked a little closer and it's just a short suppressor.

>>32452987
linear compensators are just so that you don't screw yourself over with muzzle blast in close quarters. A good flash hider is generally a better choice.
>>
>>32451174

What do you mean as tatical?

> A factory spec M40 outfitted with specialty scope for urban sniping

That's tatical.

> Mosin Nagant owned by a civilian in a time of need, who outfits it with a foldable stock for ease of carry and sight, plus a supressor to avoid drawing attention

That's also tatical.

> A SMLE some motherfucker with way too much money stuck a bunch of cool looking acessories that don't work with the gun at all but makes it look pretty

Not tatical.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.